• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26958475

Leicester seem to take it seriously
    Great watch that, cheers.

Can imagine our lads sent for a road run from Harlington to Heathrow airport and back. Jobs a goodun, triffik.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

This be the difference between having a 'coach' and a 'manager'.. that mixed with players who are over 30 and staff who have never really been in the championship.. spells one thing.. injuries!!

Comment

Just watched that Leicester video, great watch.
        Really can't imagine we're doing much of that at QPR.

Comment

I reckon the root of our problems is our back room staff. We're still very much a small club who do things the old fashion way, and we're not gonna advance til that changes

It's why players switch off when they come to us.

Think about it like this - you start a new job, all your coworkers are just pissing around, the boss doesn't care and there's a history of under performing - but for some reason you all get payed very well - would you strive to improve yourself amidst a sea of ****? Or would you coast and collect your cheque at the end of the month?

We need a mass cull. Really, we need a manager who can bring in his own back room staff, make the players switch on, and get us playing again. And not just some old geezer who shouts a lot - we need a manager like Martinez, Biesla, Guardiola etc. who can bring in their own staff & their own way of doing things, and raise the ****ing levels. (Obviously we're not getting a big name coach like the 3 I mentioned, but you get my drift…)

Sadly I doubt this will happen and we'll probably end up with Sherwood, Pardew or some sap who the agents feel like selling to us

Comment

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post
            I think we can answer your question by looking at our whole off field set up.

Our "Manager" - a relic to the old days of 2 hours slog, then a fry up, afternoon in the pub, few bets and maybe a round of golf if the weathers nice
            Our "coaches" - does Wazzer Downes look like a fella who would focus on diets etc? I'd imagine he thinks Sports Science is a film sequel starring Brook Shields. As for Kevin Bland and Joe Jordan I cant see them pawing over Pro-ZOne stats etc
            Our Chief Exec - now I'm sure Bungle Beard can get a ground built, sign a great advertising deal or be a thoroughly nice fella in boardrooms but a man with football nouse he has proved not to be. "£80k a week no problem... injury history? Ahh that dont matter, just sign here...."
            Our owner - can Sports Science be summed up in 140 characters? I dont reckon TF would know where to start

Training Ground -- dont give me the pipe dream of Warren Farm. Thats at least 2 years away. All you need is a building. a pitch and the right people, approach and equipment inside it.

Pitches / Training routines - why do we get so many hamstrings? Why do our players take so long to recover?

Dietitian / Players Attitude -- do we have a dietitian? If so they should be sacked and replaced with someone who knows what they are doing. I'd also question our players disciplne and attitude to this approach; I get the feeling you could put a plate of salad and nuts in front of BAE and he'd simply put the Dr Dre's on and wander off to KFC or Burger King.

Our club has been rotten to the core for years - we missed a trick to have a root and branch change coming out of admin, changes in ownership. Now the answer just seems to be"chuck a few quid at it" and we limp along with ever burgeoning squads and sticking plaster solutions

The worst thing is that idiot Hughes spoke about bringing all these new age approaches in - did he though? If he did then it's something he got right in principle but yet another thing thats clearly set up all wrong!!!

Makes me weep!
            Good post and very true for the most part. Whilst we on it Redknapp employs sport science about as often as Wally Downes eats salad!
            Last edited by rickyranger; 23-04-2014, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
              I reckon the root of our problems is our back room staff. We're still very much a small club who do things the old fashion way, and we're not gonna advance til that changes

It's why players switch off when they come to us.

Think about it like this - you start a new job, all your coworkers are just pissing around, the boss doesn't care and there's a history of under performing - but for some reason you all get payed very well - would you strive to improve yourself amidst a sea of ****? Or would you coast and collect your cheque at the end of the month?

We need a mass cull. Really, we need a manager who can bring in his own back room staff, make the players switch on, and get us playing again. And not just some old geezer who shouts a lot - we need a manager like Martinez, Biesla, Guardiola etc. who can bring in their own staff & their own way of doing things, and raise the ****ing levels. (Obviously we're not getting a big name coach like the 3 I mentioned, but you get my drift…)

Sadly I doubt this will happen and we'll probably end up with Sherwood, Pardew or some sap who the agents feel like selling to us
              Some really good points here.

Comment

Sam Allardyce one of the pioneers of the use of Sports Science
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26958475

Leicester seem to take it seriously
                  Now that was impressive.

Can't stand Pearson from the outside but he looks like a top notch gaffer if he's one if your own. The preparation towards games & the monitoring of players was top notch. Wally Downes, Bond & Jordan doing the same? Yeah righty o!

Comment

i reckon most teams are pretty equal with sports science, dieticians etc. The next big thing is sports psychology, players will be in tip top physical condidtion, you get their minds right and this could be the extra 10 % to beat the opponent.

Comment

Working...
                    X