The hoilett difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hoilett difference

When Junior Hoilett took the field yesterday the team, as it so often has this season, picked up the speed, tenacity, and directness of its game. Seems like he's the perfect "12th man" to come off the bench in the last 25-30 minutes of any game to give our starters a "let's take the hill boys" mentality. Put another way, name another player on this team who coming off the bench as a non-starter has had more immediate impact.
    Last edited by Qprtanpa1; 22-04-2014, 12:47 PM.

Hoilett has been improving in recent games. Hope he keeps that form to help us go up.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

the clowns who sit behind me still hate hoilett

Comment

Hoilett and Zamora have both shown that they are capable of being great impact subs, and this is how I would use them for the play-offs.

Comment

^^^ I agree with the above! My ideal formation would be a 4231, with Barton and Carroll holding, Traore Morrison and Benayoun behind Austin. Then Zamora can come on later in the game, and Hoilett also. Thoughts? Think Charlie works better as a loan striker with runners off him

Comment

Zamora is the surprise package lately with his substitutions. Who would have thought it.
            It's a funny old game.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
              Zamora is the surprise package lately with his substitutions. Who would have thought it.
              It's a funny old game.
              He is playing for a new contract offer from QPR or another club.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                It's a funny old game.
                Zamora has been ridiculed relentlessly and I think he knows he has something to prove to the team and the fans. As for Hoilett, I always thought he had something to offer, but he is often injured and that doesn't really help his development.

Comment

BZ gives pretty much everything you want from a striker at the moment.

He was never fully fit and played though the pain which is why he gave such dismall performances.

I really dont think it is a new contract that is spurring him on, he is just fit to play IMHO.

Comment

I fully understand BZ coming off the bench at this stage of his career and having an impact , but a young man like JH should be able to have an effect from start to full time but it just proves he's a dud

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                      When Junior Hoilett took the field yesterday the team, as it so often has this season, picked up the speed, tenacity, and directness of its game. Seems like he's the perfect "12th man" to come off the bench in the last 25-30 minutes of any game to give our starters a "let's take the hill boys" mentality. Put another way, name another player on this team who coming off the bench as a non-starter has had more immediate impact.
                      Completely agree here with you Qprtanpa1, he has been much better lately and when he came on yesterday the game completely changed. I wouldn't mind seeing him start myself but with the squad we have, it's hard for him to get in. He had a massive impact yesterday off the bench though, and not for the first time.

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      Hoilett and Zamora have both shown that they are capable of being great impact subs, and this is how I would use them for the play-offs.
                      This ^, Zamora has been on fire lately aswell, bagging another assist yesterday. Would be happy with them as impact substitutes for the playoffs.

Comment

granted hes been better recently but as the season goes hes been terrible for most of it - hes a headless chicken. His ditribution is shocklng and through out the season he has given the ball away time and time again in really decent positions.
                        On his day hes a good player but i hope hes gone in the summer. As a sub I would agree hes a good option to have and tbh its normally the best he plays when he comes on for 20 minutes and hes quick and direct but I woudnt want him in the first 11 for the play offs.
                        We have missed phillips badly

Comment

is this thread about hoilett or Zamora?

Comment

Does HR deserve any credit for the use of BZ and JR ? , he took a long and thoughtful time before making his subs

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                              is this thread about hoilett or Zamora?
                              Both
                              We Are The People.....

Comment

Working...
                              X