New system that was played today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New system that was played today

Based on a famous club. One of our players tweeted a picture of himself studying this particular system the other day and has now deleted it. Austin said today that we tried a new system and it worked for us in the second half. Probably shouldn't reveal but I have to say it looks decent. Looked very threatening in the second half once the players got familiar with it as Austin said.
    Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 21-04-2014, 08:35 PM.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

1st half looked very similar to the system employed at Charlton and v Blackpool. Both of which were changed and resulted in 1 whole point against 2 shite teams.
    Thankfully, today it was changed again. I bet he's doesn't try it again v Millwall.....

Comment

I have to say I think it was a crazy decision. Why change what has in all intents and purposes worked for 8months when you have 5 games left. We keep going on about consistency and momentum then we change the system that has got us where we are

I think the system was changed for one reason and one reason only because Harry does not want to drop one of Dunne or Hill and knows he has to play Nedum so the easy option is play all of them in a back three

Comment

Disagree.
        I think this has always been Harry's intention but due to injuries we haven't been able to do it!

Finally getting 90% of our squad back!

I think we should play it going into the playoffs as well!

Hoilett looked like he would play it well when he come on

Comment

Some of our recent games have been 352. What is the big secret?

Comment

44 games down and we're experimenting with systems...

Comment

If we are to play that system we can't have Carroll and Barton as centre mid, Watford completely overan midfield in the first half, and if Simpson or traore lost the ball upfield we were woefully exposed down the flanks! We need a hod carrier like Henry if we are to play that system

Comment

In a normal 352 you have 2 cdm's and a cam. Quite agree we got caught a few times down the sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                  Some of our recent games have been 352. What is the big secret?
                  352 in simple terms yeah
                  "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

We gave it away a bit second half kick off. Dunne, Ned and Hill just in front of the 18 yd line. Simpson, Doyle, Ravel, Charlie and Traore all on the halfway line. Carrol and Joey on the centre circle.

Comment

What it looked like at least in the second half was a rotational 352 with the two wing backs switching between attacking and depending based on the movement of the other. So if traore attacked, hill would move to left back and we would go into a 4 at the back as usual, until traore got back. Then when Simpson attacked, onuoha moved to right back and the same happened. This gave us a really good fluidity in switching between defending and attacking.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Personally dont think Carroll and Barton are the best pairing in that middle. Inconsistency of games together leaves their understanding in a vital area lacking at times.

Comment

Didn't really work thought we were abysmal for 70 mins

Comment

I wasn't at the match but it didn't look like a true 3-5-2 until Hoilett came on for Simpson and there was more desperation in our play!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

Harrys substitutions won the game
                              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                              X