Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geng View Post
    Yep, good post.

Baffled by the amount of people who want Sherwood. What has he done to warrant getting the job, exactly?
    Steadied the ship caused by AVB and his ridiculous signings. Got them playing an attractive brand of football, he's blooding youngsters (look at Kane) and demands 100% effort. Still in with a shout (although unlikely) of top 4. Needs to brush up on his interviews though, can say the wrong things at times!

To sum it up, decent for a first time manager with no badges.
    Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 21-04-2014, 12:16 AM.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
      Steadied the ship caused by AVB and his ridiculous signings. Got them playing an attractive brand of football, he's blooding youngsters (look at Kane) and demands 100% effort. Still in with a shout (although unlikely) of top 4. Needs to brush up on his interviews though, can say the wrong things at times!

Didn't AVB say that they were not his signings, players were signed by the director of football.

I wouldn't want Sherwood near this club, would have to be someone with badges or have proved something.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
        I forgot all about this, who won it or did you lose count?
        will bump it up now myu so we can all see who won the last one.
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

This

Sherwood done a decent job in my eyes....the money spurs spent on crap is almost like us - Hes galvanised the team and isolated the ones who aint playing for the shirt - good maangement...he doesnt care about their names and has tried to bed in some youth....i dont think thats bad management....hes brought kane in whos adapted well and the french kid in midfield who i forget his name and he looks decent....

Looks a decent maanger to me

Comment

You do get the feeling with Sherwood that he has the air of any bloke off the stand being called upon and jumping over the hoardings and taking charge and not doing that bad a job, because on the whole 80% or so of the job is easy if you have quality players.
            It's almost like that Mars advert.
            In a sense has MH and to some extent HR over complicated matters compared to say Burnley and Foxes and that's why it's been more difficult than it really should have been.
            I'm tending to kinda like Sherwood's simple approach to football management but not sure TF would consider him the future.

Comment

I doubt Sherwood would come to QPR. Besides, he does have a quality team to work with which makes it easier. Tim would struggle as well with this side.

I think we need to build a new side with the next 3 years in mind with a mix of youth, I would like the Bournemouth manager or maybe the Coventry manager.

Comment

modern day footballers I'm afraid don't tend to take open criticism like Sherwood hands out too well. We have enough prima donnas already without Sherwood winding up the little darlings. Howe at Bournemouth or Rosler at Wigan would be better options imo
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Some people cry out for a young manager; well Sherwood is a young manager so not sure why he's been rejected. He's won the prem, now managed in the prem and done decent enough and still some are not happy but the same old stale names like Robinson will be put forward a manager is who failed with huge resources given the division he is in

I think someone with drive like Sherwood and an eye for young talent and attacking football is exactly what this club needs

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Some people cry out for a young manager; well Sherwood is a young manager so not sure why he's been rejected. He's won the prem, now managed in the prem and done decent enough and still some are not happy but the same old stale names like Robinson will be put forward a manager is who failed with huge resources given the division he is in

I think someone with drive like Sherwood and an eye for young talent and attacking football is exactly what this club needs
                    his post match interviews made me squirm a tad West, don't like the body language of Sir Les either, seems not to have much output in the partnership
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                      his post match interviews made me squirm a tad West, don't like the body language of Sir Les either, seems not to have much output in the partnership
                      I think part of that is to do with them knowing there dead men walking

I know what your getting at about his interviews he could certainly do with toning it down a bit but I honestly think he has something abut him that will make him a decent manager there's a hunger in his eyes let him put his own squad together and think we could be in for a treat

Safe pair of hands what about Jacket and Joe Gallen

Comment

this a a lie made up by his mates in the media. Sherwood is one of Arrys old mates at the club and he pushed AVB out to benefit himself. I'm surprised Levy gave in to the media pressure tbh.

It's important to remember that AVB still has the best wins/games ratio of any Tottenham manager in the last 25 years! Plus they were still in Europe and were 6 points off 4th with a game in hand when he went. Has Sherwood really improved anything?

He hasn't got Spurs playing any better, he just made them more random - they just wing it and hope for the best, which is why they concede so many goals against mediocre teams. If they didn't have the best keeper in the league they'd be screwed.

He also publicly criticises his players. He's said that Sandro, who has 17 caps for Brazil and is one of the top 5 CDM in the league, isn't good enough for his team. At the same time he's playing Bentaleb

He's cut from the same cloth as Arry - he'll blame the players when things get tough and then **** the club off when he fails. It'll all end in tears.

Comment

Yep, good post.

Baffled by the amount of people who want Sherwood. What has he done to warrant getting the job, exactly?
                          Thinking exactly the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
                            this a a lie made up by his mates in the media.

etc
                            yep, agreed.

The fact so many here want a "dream team" of Timmy Tactics and Sir Les just shows how many people enjoy being spoon-fed cliches and easy answers.

Comment

Yep, good post.

What's Eddie Howe exactly, yet plenty seem to think he's the best thing since sliced bread?

Don't think Sherwoods a bad shout. Will be eager to prove a fair few people wrong. Get the feeling he's well driven and expects the best from his players.

It's a matter of opinions, but all I know for certain, is regardless of what happens and who's in charge next season, as soon as we loose a game, the fans will want him out.

Comment

[QUOTE=stationcafe;1248194]this a a lie made up by his mates in the media. Sherwood is one of Arrys old mates at the club and he pushed AVB out to benefit himself. I'm surprised Levy gave in to the media pressure tbh.

Seriously?

Do you not think he watched the same game most of us did against Liverpool earlier on in the season when they got absolutely served up at home? A Liverpool side that were not top at the time, but challenging spurs for 4th place roughly. Anyone who watched that game knew he had to go. Levy was not pressured by the media. He watched that performance.

As for the paragraph about Sandro. Don't suppose it could be down to the fact the guy had a bad week in training? Can a manager not drop a player for this or should he pick players based on international appearances / past performances ala Bosingwa / JSP ?

Comment

Working...
                                X