Back to the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the future

We need to get back to signing players like Parker, Bardsley, Sinton, Seaman, Sinclair, Impey, Ferdinand, Barker, And further back Bowles, Marsh, Parkes, etc. I now except some clubs have to operate a certain way regardless of there financial situation, we are a club who's roots are in the development of players such are Francis, Gillard, clement, Allen, Goddard, Waddock, McDonald,buying young players and developing them,and the odd experience player to knit it all together, it's in the Rangers DNA.
    Kept the faith!

I think all us QPR fans would love to see it, it will happen.

Comment

it's called a scouting system
      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
        it's called a scouting system
        Lol, if you look at the local players we have missed on on lately it's shocking, Ridgewell, Yanick Balaise are two I know of without thinking about it.
        Last edited by californiahoop; 18-04-2014, 02:09 PM.
        Kept the faith!

Comment

can't imagine HR standing on a windy terrace at Hereford,like Don Howe used to
          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Tony's vision seems like he wants young players.

Comment

In my opinion the first thing a new manager should do at a club is get the youth system sorted.
              All the scouts and coaches should be told the style of football/formation they want to play and go and find young players to fit in.
              I`m from a fairly small town but I know you could put a good team together with players that are very good but just play for the fun of it.
              We have never been a buying club (until recently) but I can`t remember the last player who came through the youth team and broke into the first team (maybe Ray Jones???)

Comment

I think the new training ground and facilities will help do a lot to improve this, if it's properly backed by the right management approach.

Comment

agree with the OP, don't know whether there's the talent out there like yesteryear
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                    agree with the OP, don't know whether there's the talent out there like yesteryear
                    http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...rs/news/34809/

Says it all.
                    Kept the faith!

Comment

hopefully we have started with singing the likes of Austin and Phillips. Dont forget if we were in the prem as we were when those players were around we would have Raheem Sterling on our books.

Comment

I think Sterling made it dispite of QPR, harsh I know but we are a shambles at present, Marc Bircham left because if it, our youth aren't looked after and given encouragement, when we were relegated last year, instead of playing those guys that didn't want to know, we should have just played the kids, as Birch said, worst case scenario, it would have added a few quid to they sale value, and everyone would have benefitted, the players, experience, the club, and the youth set up would have felt a sense of satisfaction , and you can't put a price on that!
                        Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                          I think Sterling made it dispite of QPR, harsh I know but we are a shambles at present, Marc Bircham left because if it, our youth aren't looked after and given encouragement, when we were relegated last year, instead of playing those guys that didn't want to know, we should have just played the kids, as Birch said, worst case scenario, it would have added a few quid to they sale value, and everyone would have benefitted, the players, experience, the club, and the youth set up would have felt a sense of satisfaction , and you can't put a price on that!
                          Totally agree with you, with the play offs in place I can't see Harry trying the younger players out.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                            Tony's vision seems like he wants young players.
                            Only partially agree, with the academy and training ground I agree he has an eye on us becoming self sufficient with youngsters coming through the ranks but his short term vision of premiership survival and then promotion could be argued to have framed both NW (in his final months), MH & HR thinking resulting in the club embarking on loans, established premiership players and rubbish galacticos.
                            I accept the last window a slight change but by jan 2014 most footballers who took their career seriously were doing everything to avoid us.
                            Still think we missed the boat when we went up, should have gone for players like snodgrass that we all saw in the championship and could see were good but instead we went mercenary.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                              Totally agree with you, with the play offs in place I can't see Harry trying the younger players out.
                              I was referring to playing young players last season.
                              Kept the faith!

Comment

Working...
                              X