your kids first awayday memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your kids first awayday memories

My eldests was villa couple of seasons back,he was amazed they struggled to speak English and wore Dunlop trainers. my little lads is Leicester Saturday,he's far more brash than his brother so will keep you posted
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Took my son then aged 5 ( & one of his school friends ) to Huddersfield away 2001 ........
    Having just moved up here @ the time, for some mad reason thought it would be a good idea to take two young kids to the game we got relegated to the 2nd division !
    Seemed like every header who follows Rangers was there on a jolly boys outing , had to beg the stewards to let us sit up the back of the empty section on the right, they were scared witless & the kids were a little worried too !

Hope your boys experience is slightly better Saturday Van .
    "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
    For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

[QUOTE=vanhoop;1,he was amazed they struggled to speak English and wore Dunlop trainers. [/QUOTE]

Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Like threads like this nice one Van!!!!!

Not taken my youngest away yet. Only been to a home game and she appeared less then impressed but will try her again soon.

Im sure the away game will be when the Ex or my mum are unable/unwilling to look after her for the day and I will then explain I am taking you on an exciting adventure

Comment

Took my lad to forest 1996, we lost 3-0 (never get anything there) when he was 6. Despite the result he loved it and it's firmly in his blood going home and away. Even managed to persuade the daughter to go to a few away games !

Comment

My offspring are currently scattered across various northern towns and my official parenthood to all of them is subject to an ongoing in depth CSA investigation. However, my first away (well, the first I can remember anyway) was Tranmere back in about 1999 I think. Remember getting the train up with me old man and having the local idiot sit opposite us, gods honest truth, wearing a dressing gown and slippers (as well as a Rangers shirt under his dressing gown). He was telling us how he got up and fancied the trip, but not getting dressed.

I also remember Luton away as a youngster and being well & truly amazed at the "multiculturalism" of the place.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

My boys was Harrow and Wealdstone in a pre season friendly when we went up, but his first proper was Wigan away the poor ******, and we lost 2-0 it was a game that got moved to a 12.30ko.
              The little soldier is still rangers mad though and I think always will be and for that I love him more as every kid in his school is either united arsenal Chelsea or Tottenham

Comment

Like Matty no kids yet. My old man took my to my first away game in 1991 away to Spurs. I remember Lineker scoring 2 in a 2-0 defeat. Think Gazza played also that day. I was 6 or 7 at the time and remember the long walk he made me do from the station to WHL.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

My boys first away day was Bolton at the Reebok in Aug 99. Lost 2-1. Gavin Peacock got a penalty which we missed as we were getting food!

Comment

Mine`s was Wrexham (it`s close to me) I think about 10/12 years ago (league 1). He was about 5 (I think) he`s 17 now.
                    If memory serves we lost 1-0 and were awful. Thought he`d end up a scummy man u fan like his 2 older half brothers (they both love QPR though) but to be fair to him he`s stuck with us and has done a fair few games since (not easy livin in N Wales).
                    Anyhow all I remember of that day was him under his seat with his hands over his ears coz of the noise you lot made, Haha.
                    Oh and a little kid of about 7 in the Wrexham end getting constant abuse for wearing of all things... a Chelscum top.. GOOD DAYS..

Comment

think it was Spurs away lost3-2
                      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
                        Took my son then aged 5 ( & one of his school friends ) to Huddersfield away 2001 ........
                        Having just moved up here @ the time, for some mad reason thought it would be a good idea to take two young kids to the game we got relegated to the 2nd division !
                        Seemed like every header who follows Rangers was there on a jolly boys outing , had to beg the stewards to let us sit up the back of the empty section on the right, they were scared witless & the kids were a little worried too !

Hope your boys experience is slightly better Saturday Van .
                        Had a good set to inside after the second goal & outside by the coaches after.

Sorry for the hassle!

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                          My eldests was villa couple of seasons back,he was amazed they struggled to speak English and wore Dunlop trainers. my little lads is Leicester Saturday,he's far more brash than his brother so will keep you posted
                          ......compared to the properly spoken Queen's English he's used to hearing at home eh Van!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                            ......compared to the properly spoken Queen's English he's used to hearing at home eh Van!!!!
                            kin not wrong t dubya!! Some great stories there lads,little one has not stopped all day.next generation bless him
                            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                              kin not wrong t dubya!! Some great stories there lads,little one has not stopped all day.next generation bless him
                              have a good day tomorrow mate...

Comment

Working...
                              X