A Shoe-In for the Play-offs - Barton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Shoe-In for the Play-offs - Barton

JB's written an interesting article on our play-off push.. If you ain't seen it or read it, here it is..

http://www.joeybarton.com/qpr-play-p...ef-statistics/

He should lead the team into the playoffs, and I don't mean just being the captain. When was the last time Harry produced an analysis like this?
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

3 more cards and he will face a 3 match ban I think; am I right qpr1976?

Comment

Interesting overall but couple of points. We have not looked anywhere near as solid of late. A lot of our clean sheets came in the first third of the season. However against that we do look better going forwards since Ravel arrived. Junior seems to be finding some form over the last few games, Yossi has also found a bit of form. Joey is right that Austin now back and looking good, Bobby now chipping in and could give us a nice cameo prior to his inevitable departure in the summer, Doyle and Johnson all coming back. Means we are not relying on Keane who has been mainly poor and Maiga who has shown flashes but no more.

I am reasonably optimistic. We keep possession well and looking better going forwards than we have. We need to tighten up but now have Simpson and Ned back who are both triffic. My only real concern is 'Arry with his sometimes dodgy selections and tactics. If he behaves we should really be favourites.

Comment

Good read but stats mean F all imo. The only stat that matters is the final score. No point being the best passing team in the league if all we do is pass sideways and lose or draw the game.

I do agree with him though that we will win the play offs (hopefully).
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            JB's written an interesting article on our play-off push.. If you ain't seen it or read it, here it is..

http://www.joeybarton.com/qpr-play-p...ef-statistics/
            'Play off push' makes it sound like solid form with a gradual but unstoppable rise up the table.......not stuttering off the top of the table and sliding inconsistently south...

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post

Yellows ?
              I'm not entirely sure, but that's what I've read recently and he seems to confirm he's 3 away from another ban in the blog/article.
              However, he doesn't mention if he's near to full fitness yet, so I guess we might hold him back until the last couple of games to ensure he doesn't get 3 more yellows.
              Also, I'm not sure if the accruing total Yellows over a season is zeroed after the last game of the season prior to Playoffs, or if they carry over. If they get zeroed, we just don't want him booked in BOTH semi finals, or he'll miss the Final.

Of course, knowing Joey, there's alway a possibility of him seeing Red ! Maybe better for him to play Saturday at Leicester and get himself booked twice ?
              Last edited by QPR1976; 17-04-2014, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                'Play off push' makes it sound like solid form with a gradual but unstoppable rise up the table.......not stuttering off the top of the table and sliding inconsistently south...
                I think he means the push into the play-offs.. meaning getting that momentum going for the play-offs...

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                  Good read but stats mean F all imo. The only stat that matters is the final score. No point being the best passing team in the league if all we do is pass sideways and lose or draw the game.

I do agree with him though that we will win the play offs (hopefully).
                  Yeah I think Joey knows stats don't mean an awful lot.. they just back up an argument and debate which is what he is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                    It's essential he doesn't get a ban. Sadly, Joey fan that I am, I think the only way for him to avoid a bad is to remove his vocal chords...... Good piece . I hadn't realised we've had so few penalties (ten fewer than Leicester). Of course to win a penalty you have to enter the opposition box, which we haven't done too many games this season. That's looking better now.

Comment

The first table shows Brighton have 19 clean sheets (more than us). Is that correct?
                      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                        The first table shows Brighton have 19 clean sheets (more than us). Is that correct?

Well they got 2 against us !!!

Comment

I think our form is looking upwards. We definately have been unlucky with key injuries. Lets face it the play offs are a complete lottery but i have no concerns that we cannot give it a good go.

Comment

I don't think it really matters what team we play in semis or final.
                            It depends what QPR Team turns up, that we have to rely on.
                            When it comes to play offs, I don't think the lads will let us down.

Comment

May be some egg on the face here. First half of the season most of them stats coming from since end of jan we have been very hit and miss. Must admit not feeling too confident away v Wigan hoping to get a draw to take advantage at HQ

Comment

Working...
                              X