Take a bow Tony Pulis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    Dealney has been an intergral part of their defence. For me he has always been a decent central defender, but QPR used him as a left back!

Chammakh Jerome Puncheon (who Warnock signed and left to rot in the rserves in favour of SWP! and who Hughes decided to send back to Southampton), Dann, Jedniak Ledley amongst others.
    I always rated Delaney as a CB and always argued with the guys sitting next to me
    Kept the faith!

Comment

I don't know if HR and GF on very well but it would suit if next season HR was director of football and GF team manager as I don't think he wants the overall responcibility

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
        he took over when palace were bottom with the same points we had when redknapp took over.....he has easily kept them up and spent nothing hardly.................redknapp.....well we know what happened......pulis miles better manager than harry the chancer!
        Love this... I remember some fans holding up banners saying 'Come and save us Harry'. Then the board gives the fans what they were crying out for and now fans try twisting it comparing Harry with Pulis. Laughable really...

Oh and the team difference IMO is because Palace have a team full of prodomanantly british players or players with a long history of our game The hunger, desire and mentality is totally different to contnental players. IMO that's where we went wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
          Love this... I remember some fans holding up banners saying 'Come and save us Harry'. Then the board gives the fans what they were crying out for and now fans try twisting it comparing Harry with Pulis. Laughable really...

Oh and the team difference IMO is because Palace have a team full of prodomanantly british players or players with a long history of our game The hunger, desire and mentality is totally different to contnental players. IMO that's where we went wrong.
          spot on about the foreigners dazzer...

to be fair I think near enough every fan thought Harry was the man to save us

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post

Yes some fans wanted him, I didn't want him but could understand why some did, but he failed last year, and has so far failed to date, I do believe he will get lucky and go up through the play offs.
            Last edited by californiahoop; 17-04-2014, 03:46 PM.
            Kept the faith!

Comment

i will hold my hands up and say,after the shambles of mark hughes,i welcomed redknapp as i saw him as a 'lucky manager, rather than a tactically astute one......if....big if, we win the playoffs i'll hold my hands up and say im wrong again.....however the fundamental fact is we have flattered to decieve far too much this season and last weeks win over a dire forest side may have given us a slightly distorted optimism to our chances of winning what lays ahead!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

keep your money in your sky mate....you have won this league deservedly but you will get raped in the prem.....need at least 7/8 players n we know from experience it dont work!....you have a decent keeper n the boy vardy but not much else!
                Really? Have you seen Drinkwater, James, Knockaert, Mahrez, Moore, and De Laet? You might be surprised.

I'm not suggesting we'll find it easy in the Prem - it's going to be a real shock to the system for a club that's not been anywhere near for the past 12 years or so - but I have more faith in Pearson and his team than you do. I doubt very much that we will buy seven or eight players - it's not his style. Still, we'll see: I'm just going to enjoy it - it's been a while.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  so you like to come on here and act like TW's love child and then come out with finishing higher than an established premier league club in your 1st season. You won't even stay up and I can see you struggle massively next season. Unless you think wheeling out Nugent is going to scare premier league defenders then you need to wake up to reality. When you get relegated come back on here and admit you made a fool of yourself otherwise go back to your foxes biscuit man and his dog bouncer message board
                  Sorry if I offended your amour propre, but my post was only a bit of fun.

I really think Hughes will get Stoke relegated next year - or, at the very least, start the process before being fired in November. As far as City is converned, I'm sure you are right that we will struggle - it's a big step up - but I don't think we will be relegated. I don't think Nugent is going to scare Premier League defenders, but we do have some decent players in our squad, and I'm also sure that Pearson has already picked the players he wants to strengthen the squad.

As far as "established Premier League sides" are concerned, it's worth remembering that when Rangers went up last time, you stayed up the first season ahead of Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves (all established Premier League teams) and it looks like both Palace and Hull will stay up from last season - and will almost certainly finish ahead of Sunderland, Norwich and Fulham.

Anyway, this thread is supposed to be about Pulis, who I think has done a brilliant job.

Comment

i wish leicester well i really do as its always nice to see a small town club mix it with the big boys....i honestly think ,unless astute additions, are made by the dour pearson you will struggle to stay up....hope you prove me wrong!

Comment

i wish leicester well i really do as its always nice to see a small town club mix it with the big boys....i honestly think ,unless astute additions, are made by the dour pearson you will struggle to stay up....hope you prove me wrong!
                      Thanks. Pearson is not really dour, and he has picked up some spectacularly good players on the way. I'm pretty sure he'll do the same again - but time will tell. What he won't do is buy big-name players in the twilight of their careers who are in it for a final payday. Been there, done that, got the scars to prove it.

Incidentally (for what it's worth) you'd upset some of the Leicester faithful by describing us as a "small-town-club". We've actually spent most of the past 90 years in the top tier - the past ten years is our longest spell outside the top tier since the 1920s. I suppose we're a bit like Rangers - medium-sized, with a decent core base of fans who remain loyal despite it all. I just hope that, this time, we can stay up for a few seasons.

Comment

Don't forget about Gabbidon. He's been solid for them.
                        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by LanguedocFox View Post
                          Thanks. Pearson is not really dour, and he has picked up some spectacularly good players on the way. I'm pretty sure he'll do the same again - but time will tell. What he won't do is buy big-name players in the twilight of their careers who are in it for a final payday. Been there, done that, got the scars to prove it.

Incidentally (for what it's worth) you'd upset some of the Leicester faithful by describing us as a "small-town-club". We've actually spent most of the past 90 years in the top tier - the past ten years is our longest spell outside the top tier since the 1920s. I suppose we're a bit like Rangers - medium-sized, with a decent core base of fans who remain loyal despite it all. I just hope that, this time, we can stay up for a few seasons.

well if he steers away from the ludicrous redknapp policy of signing last leg has beens he'll be on the right road...id say you are a slightly bigger club than us at present and historically....loved the old filbert street ....very atmospheric which you seem to have lost at the walkers!

Comment

well leicester ,geographically , is a 'small town'....probably as big as hammersmith n fulham combined!

Comment

well if he steers away from the ludicrous redknapp policy of signing last leg has beens he'll be on the right road...id say you are a slightly bigger club than us at present and historically....loved the old filbert street ....very atmospheric which you seem to have lost at the walkers!
                              Pearson definitely won't sign any last-legs hasbeens, although he's not above signing players at the end of their careers. He signed Chris Powell when we went down to League 1, and he was great, first as a player then as a coach. And this season, he signed Kevin Phillips, who's the oldest player ever to score for us, and who's set to become a coach next season.

Yes, we all miss Filbo, although we know it had to go. The new stadium has always been rather soulless, but I don't know of any that aren't: Southampton, Derby, Brighton, Reading are all a bit church-like. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                                Player of the season appears to be the little know pub player, Jason Puncheon - can you imagine what the usual suspects would do to him if he came to Rangers
                                Haha exactly that mate! Meltdown I'm telling ya

Comment

Working...
                                X