No announcement yet.

Beware of the fourth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think we need just need to fight derby for 3rd spot - if we can get that and play either reading ipswich or brighton I reckon thats our best shot of getting to the playoff final - i still think we are better than derby too on our day - its Wigan who scare me for some reason

Comment

Everyone on here is scared of of Wigan because of two cup runs in successive years, no other reason whatsoever. They are below us and havent beaten us this season.
      We would be so much better off playing them in the semis, as they are so familiar at Wembley and have proved how good they are on the big occasion on the big stage in a one off game.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
        In the 18 years that the play-offs have been in operation,

The team finishing fourth has only won it once!!!!

3rd has won it 7 times
        5th """"""""""""6 times
        6th """"""""""""4 times.

Quirky or significant? Stats can be spooky....
        So we better purposley lose more to finish either 5th or sixth? Can't see us finish 3rd.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Looking at the Games Left. I think that the 4 teams in order, Derby, QPR, Wigan , Brighton.

so us v wigan

Do you think we could get Paul Furlong out of retirement!

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
            Looking at the Games Left. I think that the 4 teams in order, Derby, QPR, Wigan , Brighton.

so us v wigan

Do you think we could get Paul Furlong out of retirement!
            The last team I would think of playing against is Wigan.
            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
              The last team I would think of playing against is Wigan.
              Why, do the massive defeats they bestowed upon us this season linger in youre mind? Or is it cos they have been above us in the table ALL season long?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Why, do the massive defeats they bestowed upon us this season linger in youre mind? Or is it cos they have been above us in the table ALL season long?
                They outplayed us when we beat them 1-0 (I was there). They also have a really decent side with a good manager who seeks attacking football.
                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

We took four points off them fact. They should be more worried about us.

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
                    We took four points off them fact. They should be more worried about us.
                    Exactly, would so much prefer them over two legs away from their second home where they play much better,

Comment

Play-offs are a lottery.. don't really mind where we finish but obviously have a preference.. either way im looking forward to next season!
                      Another big re-build with a new squad, no matter what division!

Comment

Everyone on here is scared of of Wigan because of two cup runs in successive years, no other reason whatsoever. They are below us and havent beaten us this season.
                        We would be so much better off playing them in the semis, as they are so familiar at Wembley and have proved how good they are on the big occasion on the big stage in a one off game.

Well put kevla . We fear no foe

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                          They don't count. It is extra time then pens. All the better to have that going on at home if necessary although I am not sure my nerves would take a penalty shoot out!!
                          Home advantage for a penalty shoot counts for nothing with QPR. I can recall losing to Cardiff when they were 3rd or 4th tier and of course that powerhouse works' team Vauxhall %%5%&8g Motors!

Comment

Exactly, would so much prefer them over two legs away from their second home where they play much better,
                            QPR got a 0-0 draw at Wigan due to their poor form at a time when they were involved in the Europa League and only scraped a 1-0 home win. last season both ended in draws and it was a win for each home side the season before. Prior to that, if my memory serves me well, QPR were poor in previous games against Wigan.

Given the historic results against Wigan a semi-final play off meeting is likely to be a very tight affair over the 2 matches and I guess likley to go to penalties. I am not sure I fancy QPR's chances in a penalty shoot out.

Comment

I aint scared of wigan...think we got a decent shout against them just think they would be the biggest threat against us - nothing wrong in respecting another team or thinking they are half decent. As it stands I just reckon theyd be our biggest rivals....id love to get a ipswich, brighton or reading in the first leg as I believe we'd get through that....get to the final at wembley and play wigan there and again i reckon wed do them...just wouldnt fancy them in the semi's lol.

Comment

no, it's probably because they have better players:

Carson Perch Beausejour Crainey Ramis Boyce McEachran McArthur McManaman Jordi Gómez Fortuné
                                Caldwell Maloney Espinoza Powell Barnett Al-Habsi Collison.

with the exception of Simpson I'd rather any of theirs.
                                Their midfield is younger fitter and better.
                                I attack Morrison and Austin are better.
                                I would also prefer Rosler to Redknapp as manager.
                                Perhaps Green Barton Simpson Austin, Morrison,

Comment

Working...
                                X