Is automatic still a possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Good post HH9 and when you see Burnleys run in that was why it was key that going into the last four games we were within touching distance of them 4 or a maximum of 5 points off as I think there are plenty of points there to be dropped for them as they have done so since they lost to Leicester.

We however failed to keep our side of the bargain and Burnely can prob afford to drop points in all their games and still go up without having to sweat unduly
    I totally agree. Had Redknapp put out an attacking side to play Blackpool and QPR had won it would have been 8 points gap. and had QPR defended set pieces better they could have got a draw at Bournemouth - 7 points gap. Any kind of result at Blackburn and QPR would have had a realistic chance.

Anyway, given Watford's record at QPR I am not convinced of getting a win nor am I convinced they will beat a battling Millwall managed by Holloway. As for beating Leicester, are you kidding? Leicester can win the title on Saturday with a victory. QPR are almost never party poopers. whether it is at a clubs 1st league fixture at their new ground Bolton springs to mind, or a team celebrating their title win (WBA and Newcastle at home) are just 3 examples.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
      Now you say that, if we had beaten blackpool, charlton and leeds then perhaps we wouldn't have needed to draw at the other 4 as we could have made 4 points up on Burnley, now they have hit their injury patch ! Think you may have taken my comment out of context, Blackpool the other week was our Wigan at home last season, the game most of us realised it wasn't going to be......but this season we have the bonus of the play offs and if we have a near fit full squad I will fancy us to do it, just as I know we would have done it had Phillips, Simpson and Austin not got injured.
      I agree, had those 3 stayed fit, or at least Austin, it's quite realistc to say that QPR would have picked up more points along the way in games against Derby, Reading, Charlton, Leeds, Brighton Sheff Weds Blackpool Bournemouth and Blackburn (2 out of 27).

Comment

Working...
      X