new striker on the way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
    Doyle fit would surely put Will Keane a step further away from the match day squad - what's not to be happy about?
    That's exactly what it sounds like. Not only that, as mafia has said, what does anybody expect him to say about a player coming back from injury who could give us some much needed options. Talk about leaping on his every word
    "He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long"

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Not sure how acurate that story is anyway without knowing what question was put to him. That reads to me like he is keen to get him back for the end of the season
      Agreed
      "He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long"

Comment

Originally posted by QPReuge View Post
        Agreed
        Come lads whinge first think later
        Doyle first 55 mins then BZ for the last 40 can't be bad way to end the season

Comment

Doyle and Austin could be a very good partnership and hopefully one we wll see in the closing fixtures. Almost anyone is better than Keane playing.

Comment

Decent forward that we've missed in recent weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              Doyle and Austin could be a very good partnership and hopefully one we wll see in the closing fixtures. Almost anyone is better than Keane playing.
              Charley looked a good couple of games off the pace BZ will play a big part for us if used as second half sub imo

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                Charley looked a good couple of games off the pace BZ will play a big part for us if used as second half sub imo
                Agree he's definitely looked off pace but we've got to remember how long he's been out for. Its all very well looking good in training but nothing can prepare you for 'match fitness' other than playing matches. If he keeps doing what he's doing hopefully he'll be match fit for the playoffs. Let's just hope he doesn't get injured along the way.
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  Agree he's definitely looked off pace but we've got to remember how long he's been out for. Its all very well looking good in training but nothing can prepare you for 'match fitness' other than playing matches. If he keeps doing what he's doing hopefully he'll be match fit for the playoffs. Let's just hope he doesn't get injured along the way.
                  Yep that's why he needs to be used sparingly

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    Yep that's why he needs to be used sparingly
                    but we also would like him to be in form going in to the play-offs.. he needs games as much as saving him. That goes for all our top players

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      but we also would like him to be in form going in to the play-offs.. he needs games as much as saving him. That goes for all our top players
                      So what do mean play him for 90 mins in the remaining games plus 2 play off games ? you think that would make him fresh for Wembley should get there , being our only striker in form we've already flogged him half to death

Comment

well what I mean is, if he doesn't have any minutes his not going to be in-form, we need players in form for play-offs. Charlie needs minutes as he has said and he will want to start games to get goals.. Did I say play him for 90 minutes? No I didn't.. I'd start him for 2 of the next 4 and take him off on 65 minutes and bring him on for the last 20 mins in the other 2 games.. Wouldn't say Charlie is our in form striker at the moment either, as he has only played a couple of games. I'd say Zamora is!

Comment

think just having Charlie in the team, even if he is off the pace at the moment, is a psychological boost for the whole team.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            well what I mean is, if he doesn't have any minutes his not going to be in-form, we need players in form for play-offs. Charlie needs minutes as he has said and he will want to start games to get goals.. Did I say play him for 90 minutes? No I didn't.. I'd start him for 2 of the next 4 and take him off on 65 minutes and bring him on for the last 20 mins in the other 2 games.. Wouldn't say Charlie is our in form striker at the moment either, as he has only played a couple of games. I'd say Zamora is!
                            Well isn't using him sparingley

Comment

Would be happy to have Doyle on a permanent as long as the wages aren't sky high.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                Not sure how acurate that story is anyway without knowing what question was put to him. That reads to me like he is keen to get him back for the end of the season
                                Spot on. Read it properly you ##### it's just been twisted

Comment

Working...
                                X