No announcement yet.

Caroll and Benajoun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing Henry allowed Carroll to do more of what we signed him for. Personally don't rate him enough to sign him permanently but have to admit he did play well today.

Comment

Doubt if Carroll will get a chance at spurs next season as they will have another new manager and probably spend another 100mil. Would take him for a sensible fee as he's still so young and has a lot of potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
        Doubt if Carroll will get a chance at spurs next season as they will have another new manager and probably spend another 100mil. Would take him for a sensible fee as he's still so young and has a lot of potential.
        I have to be honest mate I don't think he is up to playing in the prem could turn out a decent champ player but think prem will be beyond him. Certainly as you state wont get any game time at Spurs

Comment

remind anyone of paul murray
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
            remind anyone of paul murray
            Murray had a bit more bite than Carroll imo. Both tidy Midfield passers tho.....

Thought Murray was destined for greatness tbh... Went Soton in the Prem then disappeared to Oldham forever. Such a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
              Tommy Carroll was quality today. 2 assists? Think that's 3 in 3 games. I know a lot of people seem to slate him quite a lot but I'd like to sign him on a perm if possible. This is his first full season playing regularly, will only get better. Thought he was more positive today passing forward more. Played an absolute worldy reverse ball forgot to who now but was real class.
              I thought that was Carrioll's best game yet for QPR and he did the things many of us hoped and thought he would have been doing all season.
              Hopefully he can keep up thuis form in the last 4 league games and hopefully 3 play off matches.

I also agree that Benayoun had a good game amd if he can continue this good form he could be an important player in the season finale.

I would also like to add that Zamora was excellent in his 20 min cameo role.

this is 3 goals now from 3 sub apps, which for me is what he should be playing in order to get the best out of him.

He isn't as fit as he once was and starting with him, doesnt work, but as a late sub, he can change a game. Coming on for the last 15 mins + stoppage time, means he is able to capitalise on the oposing defenders who could be tired and wary.

Comment

Bobby after 24months is finally fit and you can tell that by how he in moving about the pitch

Example for Ravels goal Bobby chased the defender down robbed him of the ball and squared it for Ravel; he would not have been able to do that the last 2 seasons. When he is fit hes a decent enough player its just a shame in his time with us he has been carrying injuries we signed him injured and it continued that way but hes fit now just in time for his contract expiring.

Comment

http://www.squawka.com/news/2014/04/.../2014041496362

Comment

Down in south london !

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Bobby after 24months is finally fit and you can tell that by how he in moving about the pitch

Example for Ravels goal Bobby chased the defender down robbed him of the ball and squared it for Ravel; he would not have been able to do that the last 2 seasons. When he is fit hes a decent enough player its just a shame in his time with us he has been carrying injuries we signed him injured and it continued that way but hes fit now just in time for his contract expiring.
                      And that is the crucial point. He is going to work his socks off now to either get a new deal at QPR or attract offers from elsewhere. 5 weeks ago he would have been lucky to get offered terms by Dagenham & Redbridge.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        And that is the crucial point. He is going to work his socks off now to either get a new deal at QPR or attract offers from elsewhere. 5 weeks ago he would have been lucky to get offered terms by Dagenham & Redbridge.
                        He wont be getting a contract here, thats for certain. Hes been told to find another club already.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          He wont be getting a contract here, thats for certain. Hes been told to find another club already.
                          Fair enough, but he needs to impress other clubs so QPR could still benefit from finally having some good goalscoring and centre forward performances from him.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            Fair enough, but he needs to impress other clubs so QPR could still benefit from finally having some good goalscoring and centre forward performances from him.
                            Someone will deffo take him, injuries aside hes a good footballer imo.

Comment

yeah i think we seeing bobbys qpr swansong these last few games and hes been pretty impresssive tbf - his injuries imo will mean no new contract offer so i think its just him having fun and saying ta ra in a nicer way than some have (boz for example who left laughing and playing terrible). as for carroll i said ages ago he should play not so deep + further fwd am/#10 whatever you call it like in the u21 picking passes to runners in the box and hes started to do it. the qb/gerrard pos is useful, but bang per buck will get more in this team from getting assists out of him, esp as none of the others kno what an assist is! up top i wanted crouch/remy up top this season as they would have scored a ton with the setup+killer combo - maybe h will try it with doyle/austin at leicester, could be fun if it works different dimension and all that. yossi looks class last few games since he got fit, just got to do that with the rest of em and have all present and correct for the play off lottery.

Comment

Working...
                              X