We want you to have a say on the new stadium – draft survey published

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We want you to have a say on the new stadium – draft survey published

QPR 1st Supporters’ Trust has drawn up a first draft of a comprehensive survey to ask fans what they want to see in the club’s planned new stadium.

The Trust is asking for comments from supporters before the survey is finalised.

Trust chair Stephen Dedridge said: “If the club are to get the new stadium right, then it is vital that those who will be using it – the supporters – get a say on its design and facilities.”

“We have worked with Supporters’ Direct and supporter trusts of other clubs to find examples of surveys that have actually made a difference. The draft we are now publishing is based on the best examples we have found, and made relevant for QPR. We want to hear from supporters if they think the right questions are being asked, and if there are other issues they want to see covered.”

QPR1st wants the club to take up the survey and use it to make sure supporters have their say on the new stadium.

Last year QPR chief executive Philip Beard promised there would be consultation with supporters on the new stadium. Since then the club asked supporters to fill in on-line survey forms on how they travelled to the recent Wigan and Blackpool games at Loftus Road, but has yet to ask fans about the stadium itself.

Stephen Dedridge said “The club’s programme for the Blackpool game reminded us how things can go wrong. The move to a larger stadium in the 1960s resulted in plunging attendances because the stadium was just not right for the club and its supporters.”

“We don’t want that to be repeated,” he said.

A good example of supporters being surveyed was around proposals for a new stadium for Bristol City. Working with the supporters’ trust, the club surveyed supporters on a wide range of issues. The findings were shared with the architects for their proposed new stadium nearly a year before they published their design for the stadium. Supporters were surveyed again on the published designs.

It was a win-win situation; supporters could see their views had been considered and often taken up, and the club could see that involving supporters led to an increase in support for the project.

Supporters are asked to comment on the survey and its questions before it is finalised. Comments should be sent to info@QPR1st.com by 27 April.

You can view the draft online here:
    http://www.qpr1st.com/draft-survey-stadium/

Or download it directly from http://www.qpr1st.com/

Sorry to say, but what a ridiculous survey. Every man and his dog knows that any new stadium will be a multi purpose arena in order to gain maximum revenue. Many of the questions asked completely ignore that fact and appear to be aimed solely as if it were just a football ground. Hardly surprising that the club never listen to these people.

Pretty sure that all fans on the club database will have been e-mailed a survey directly from the club, asking for their views based upon how fans would utilise any additional features. Far better to respond to that as that is the feedback that will be taken into account. Not some random questions that in no way take into account what the club are looking to achieve.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Sorry to say, but what a ridiculous survey. Every man and his dog knows that any new stadium will be a multi purpose arena in order to gain maximum revenue. Many of the questions asked completely ignore that fact and appear to be aimed solely as if it were just a football ground. Hardly surprising that the club never listen to these people.

Pretty sure that all fans on the club database will have been e-mailed a survey directly from the club, asking for their views based upon how fans would utilise any additional features. Far better to respond to that as that is the feedback that will be taken into account. Not some random questions that in no way take into account what the club are looking to achieve.
      It will be our new home ( nobody has asked for one) where 90% of the time it will be used for football so we have a right to have a ground how we want its our club and will always be our club even after TF and co and have long ****ed off

Or do you just want souless bowl like Arsenal with no atmosphere and miles away from the pitch but will be ok for a 1 Direction concert once every 2 years
      We Are The People.....

Comment

Capacity
        Leg Room
        Close to the Pitch

Thats the top 3 for me of all the key points raised!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
          It will be our new home ( nobody has asked for one) where 90% of the time it will be used for football so we have a right to have a ground how we want its our club and will always be our club even after TF and co and have long ****ed off

Or do you just want souless bowl like Arsenal with no atmosphere and miles away from the pitch but will be ok for a 1 Direction concert once every 2 years
          Why do people like you who oppose a new stadium constantly refer to hosting One Direction concerts?

If you'd been following the reporting of a new stadium, you'd know the chairman has already said it won't be a bowl. Highbury was hardly a noisy place to visit , hence the nickname the Highbury Library.

LR is pretty quiet these days too, you'll notice.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

legroom,
            bar,
            air aisa blanket for the winter.

cheers uncle!
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

A carbon copy of Loftus Road, but bigger and with more legroom. And maybe have the screen in one of the corners.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                Why do people like you who oppose a new stadium constantly refer to hosting One Direction concerts?

If you'd been following the reporting of a new stadium, you'd know the chairman has already said it won't be a bowl. Highbury was hardly a noisy place to visit , hence the nickname the Highbury Library.

LR is pretty quiet these days too, you'll notice.
                I oppose a 40k stadium ( a different argument ) not necessarily the move itself although I will be heartbroken if we do leave

It has been quiet at LR recently but the point is if we make an effort we can still create an atmosphere even if there is only 12k and that should be the same in the new ground.

My point regarding concerts is it should be built for a football ground as a priority and not for a concert venue it will be our new home so needs to be how the fans want it therefore the survey above is good and will provide the club with good feedback which they will hopefully take on board.

This is a massive risk the club moving to a new ground so the more consultation they do with the fans the better
                We Are The People.....

Comment

I think its a good idea,to give the club as much input as possible ,about the new ground ,if they are really going to force us to leave Loftus Rd ,then the more input from us the better ,at least QPR 1st are trying
                  Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    legroom,
                    bar,
                    air aisa blanket for the winter.

cheers uncle!
                    And Harry Out!

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                      I think its a good idea,to give the club as much input as possible ,about the new ground ,if they are really going to force us to leave Loftus Rd ,then the more input from us the better ,at least QPR 1st are trying
                      Whats all this forcing us to leave Loftus Road, we have had more grounds in the last 100 years than most clubs but to move on we HAVE to leave LR or we simply won't compete with other sides of our size. Without TF's money and input we would quite possibly be where Luton or Pompey are........I don't deem that as forcing us to leave LR I deem it to be ensuring our kids still have a side to support in 50 years time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        Whats all this forcing us to leave Loftus Road, we have had more grounds in the last 100 years than most clubs but to move on we HAVE to leave LR or we simply won't compete with other sides of our size. Without TF's money and input we would quite possibly be where Luton or Pompey are........I don't deem that as forcing us to leave LR I deem it to be ensuring our kids still have a side to support in 50 years time.
                        A post that I agree with completely!
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                          Kit its a matter of opinion , we could quite possibly be where Luton and Pompey are now because TF is hell bent on gambling with our future . . So i deem us to being forced to leave Loftus Rd ,because i`m a little cynical ,and think that he may not have our best interests over his business interests at heart .
                          Anyway ,as i say ,if we have to leave Loftus Rd (which we have been at for the vast majority of our history ,and certainly for the majority of most of our supporters lives ) ,then the more say we have in it the better.
                          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Dear Uncle Tony

Can we please have minimum 40k capacity with room to expand to 60k so we are in a position to compete with Arsenal in the future as we will be tapping an extra 2 million potential fans in NW London. I've been reading some reports you see and the sky is the limit for the growth of this club and with rebranding in SE Asia I think you should start producing matchday programmes in Malay. I also thiink there should be a heli pad on the roof so One Direction can make a spectacular entrance when they hold their concert there (I'll be in the front row). Also I need 50inches of leg room as my dear old knees have suffered all these years and gold plated taps with marble sinks in the toilets as I have had to endure the poor toliet facilities for too long.

With all my love

Dickyboy x

Comment

Legroom for me, 6'2" has caused me to have to sit in an aisle seat every match. Will sue if I end up having to have a knee replacement
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                              X