Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who is the weakest link in each Championship side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
    He's been poor last two games, but I think that's because he has played wide. Should always play 10 place in 4-5-1.
    Drifts all over Doc and offers nothing imo, would be interested to see his stats for the time he has been with us.

Goals, assists, key passes etc...

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
      Drifts all over Doc and offers nothing imo, would be interested to see his stats for the time he has been with us.

Goals, assists, key passes etc...
      I think because we can remember nico has been poor means he has actually done more than O'neil. I tend to agree with that site because for me I missed O'neils wonder debut but everytime I have seen him I just seem him running about at 1 pace, snail pace. Does very little to merit a place on the bench let alone starting.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lurker View Post
        Thank you, Sir .... but it's MS Lurker!!
        Right you are,.... Apologies madame
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          I think because we can remember nico has been poor means he has actually done more than O'neil. I tend to agree with that site because for me I missed O'neils wonder debut but everytime I have seen him I just seem him running about at 1 pace, snail pace. Does very little to merit a place on the bench let alone starting.
          With Oneil you know pretty much what you're gonna get with him. Someone steady that is neither flashy nor dull, just does a job.

Niko is pretty much the focal point of the team at times, the link up man between midfield and attack. For me he isnt up to the task and that is the biggest flaw in our game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            This website decides it's Gary O'Neil for QPR. How many would disagree?
            I would. I think it's a bit harsh to blame O'Neil when:

a) he is being asked to play in positions that don't suit him, and

b) when there are better players in those positions, available to play in them.

Just as it would be hard to criticise Dunne or Hill, but be able to recognise that it would be better for the make up of the team if Onouha was alongside either. I could go on, but there's no point. We should be top, we aren't and there's a reason.

Comment

Harry, picking his best 11!

Comment

I would say it like this; Our Lack of cohesion in the team is our weakest link.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

With Oneil you know pretty much what you're gonna get with him. Someone steady that is neither flashy nor dull, just does a job.

Niko is pretty much the focal point of the team at times, the link up man between midfield and attack. For me he isnt up to the task and that is the biggest flaw in our game plan.
                  Nico has no extra gear to go past players and should be used in the way you suggest - as the link up man - the problem is you never see anyone show for the ball, either square of him, in front of him and certainly not with a burst of pace to go past him into space. The role he's best at playing reminds me of the similarly one paced, multi talented ball player of the 80's & 90's, Jan Molby, but that Liverpool team worked hard, made triangles all over the pitch and had the likes of Aldridge, Rush and Dalglish in the early years and Barnes, Fowler, Macmanaman and Rush after that, all making the kind of runs we can only dream of. Watching Rangers is like taking a trip to Madame Tussaud's, in terms of the amount of movement and fluidity - and that doesn't suit Nico's best assets. Does that make him the weak link? Or is it the whole style of our play? I don't think I ever see more than one option for a player on the ball whereas, watching say Brighton in the Cup the other day there were options galore, watching Leicester there is pace everywhere and even Burnley have their one style of lump it up, knock it down and leave the goals to the poachers style. All of these seem to work, except for the stand like statues and wait for someone else to gamble style we are playing (borrows Brighton R's avatar to finish the rant)
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                    Nico has no extra gear to go past players and should be used in the way you suggest - as the link up man - the problem is you never see anyone show for the ball, either square of him, in front of him and certainly not with a burst of pace to go past him into space. The role he's best at playing reminds me of the similarly one paced, multi talented ball player of the 80's & 90's, Jan Molby, but that Liverpool team worked hard, made triangles all over the pitch and had the likes of Aldridge, Rush and Dalglish in the early years and Barnes, Fowler, Macmanaman and Rush after that, all making the kind of runs we can only dream of. Watching Rangers is like taking a trip to Madame Tussaud's, in terms of the amount of movement and fluidity - and that doesn't suit Nico's best assets. Does that make him the weak link? Or is it the whole style of our play? I don't think I ever see more than one option for a player on the ball whereas, watching say Brighton in the Cup the other day there were options galore, watching Leicester there is pace everywhere and even Burnley have their one style of lump it up, knock it down and leave the goals to the poachers style. All of these seem to work, except for the stand like statues and wait for someone else to gamble style we are playing (borrows Brighton R's avatar to finish the rant)
                    first sensible thing said all night. all younger teams with pace bought up there as well. we play far better when we have matty phillips making runs than when players such as Gary O'neil play a steady role holding position on the wing to contain a full back but not offering much in possession. even stranger considering this is a squad that really on paper should be taking the game to other teams rather than trying to contain and snatch a win. I feel Redknapp has gone for age and experience to get us up over dynamism going forward something we had in buckets in our last campaign. hopefully ravel morrison can bring some of that to the table.

Comment

Again; lack of Cohesion is our problem.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

I would O'Neil definately along with 10 other players.

Comment

I remember when Nico was at Spurs.
                          He would have games when literally done nothing, but next game would be out of this world.
                          Not sure where he will fit in now that Morrison is now here.

Comment

As long as I have your permission to give my opinion on a player that plays for my club without worrying about upsetting a fanboy/girl that is great, cheers.
                            Incidentally, as you and your friends VBlockRanger, WeAreQPR12 & Richard Treml have been discussing on Twitter, yes, I do get everywhere. I'm SO glad that you found my post on LFW.

So, I'd watch what you're saying, if I were you. And not just about me!!

Comment

Well, that's put me off this site now. Threats from someone that doesn't like to be spoken to not nicely can always end up with assassination attempts.

You guys had best watch your backs, a death threat has been issued!!!

Comment

At least if it doesn't work out for nico the lurker(ms.)will lurk elsewhere....close the door on the way out love.
                                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Working...
                                X