Who should be our next manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Nick I am not your GP but I think you need a holiday.
    We have a small group of newbies on this board and unfortunately I could write down all their football knowledge on a postage stamp!
    You no what mate I think you right.

I think expectations are a little bit to high for some...
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      Nick I am not your GP but I think you need a holiday.
      We have a small group of newbies on this board and unfortunately I could write down all their football knowledge on a postage stamp!

Ouchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        You no what mate I think you right.

Fair play for agreeing and giving no back chat!
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I really want Harry to stay - he sometimes gets a bad press and I think we had a 'rotten apple ' team last season and Harry had too much on his hands to sort it

The team spirit is second to none now and he has actually not spent much - Austin and Phillips who are both quality and value for money - all the others are free transfers or loans

If we don't go up I think he will either walk and concentrate on his media work and walking the dog or a southern premiership club will snap him up

In terms of a replacement I really like malkie McKay as he is young, got Cardiff promoted, dealt with the worst chairman in the world and is modern thinking in his approach. I doubt whether he will be available in the summer though

I wouldn't go for warnock or holloway - been there and got the tshirt - rarely works when a manager comes back

Comment

[QUOTE=Robsondinho;1213053]Didn't dig him out, just said you went way over the top saying he is one of the best managers around which he clearly isn't. On a side note also, Man U will be wrong IMO to get rid of Moyes. I mean look at Fergie when he first took charge of United. Agree with weare also that the Man U playing squad (apart from their forwards) isn't good enough to compete with the current top 4.[/QUOTE]

I think this is pretty much common knowledge!
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
              Didn't dig him out, just said you went way over the top saying he is one of the best managers around which he clearly isn't. On a side note also, Man U will be wrong IMO to get rid of Moyes. I mean look at Fergie when he first took charge of United. Agree with weare also that the Man U playing squad (apart from their forwards) isn't good enough to compete with the current top 4.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on the Harry front

But we do agree with the Moyes issue, he definitely needs more time, like you said just look at when Ferguson first joined utd
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                I really want Harry to stay - he sometimes gets a bad press and I think we had a 'rotten apple ' team last season and Harry had too much on his hands to sort it

The team spirit is second to none now and he has actually not spent much - Austin and Phillips who are both quality and value for money - all the others are free transfers or loans

If we don't go up I think he will either walk and concentrate on his media work and walking the dog or a southern premiership club will snap him up

In terms of a replacement I really like malkie McKay as he is young, got Cardiff promoted, dealt with the worst chairman in the world and is modern thinking in his approach. I doubt whether he will be available in the summer though

I wouldn't go for warnock or holloway - been there and got the tshirt - rarely works when a manager comes back

Excatly.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Røsler, Dyche or Ole G. Solskjær for me!!
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

What do you mean exactly? There is no way anyone could have sorted out the mess that Hughes created

Comment

I am talking future managers!! Harry With his excellent motivational skills is OK for now. We need stabilty.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                        When you've been watching Rs for 50 years you know how to manage your expectations. For ten of those years I worked on the spreads in the early Betfair days so money and mouth were connected when it came to football - don't assume that people whose point of view does not co-incide with yours are ignorant.

Moyes was competent at best. Everton fans can't believe the transformation up there, because they now have a manger who has is tactically flexible and positive. Martinez performed miracles keeping Wigan up and landing them a trophy on a budget less than TF's expenses.

Harry is an interesting guy with an interesting bank account, plenty of wisdom but he hasn't been a development manager for years. I'd kick him upstairs with a watching brief and an expense account ;) Steve McClaren has really come through, could do a job here. Still like the man from Fiorentina.....

Comment

Do you like what you have seen from OGS so far???
                          Last edited by Shania; 04-02-2014, 03:05 PM.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                            When you've been watching Rs for 50 years you know how to manage your expectations. For ten of those years I worked on the spreads in the early Betfair days so money and mouth were connected when it came to football - don't assume that people whose point of view does not co-incide with yours are ignorant.

Moyes was competent at best. Everton fans can't believe the transformation up there, because they now have a manger who has is tactically flexible and positive. Martinez performed miracles keeping Wigan up and landing them a trophy on a budget less than TF's expenses.

Harry is an interesting guy with an interesting bank account, plenty of wisdom but he hasn't been a development manager for years. I'd kick him upstairs with a watching brief and an expense account ;) Steve McClaren has really come through, could do a job here. Still like the man from Fiorentina.....

Thanks for the history lesson of your kind self, but I think your age and job title is irrelevant. When it comes down to it we are a championship side, no more no less and we need to be a bit more realistic as to who's going to come here.

IMO we've got one of the best managers around, who's still got a few more years in him and hopefully will spend them with us. IF we can get up this season I honestly think we wont need to look for another manger for another 5+ years.
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Any from Gus Poyet, Mark Robbins, Eddie Howe or Steve McClaren but hope Harry is here long enough to make us an established PL team.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                                Not saying redknapp is a bad manger because he isn't Dave. Just saying he isn't one of the top managers around which the guy said he was. He clearly isn't as a top club would have him and he would have done a lot more in his long career.
                                But Warnock never managed a top club and i do rate him as top manager because of his achievements. I know you're saying if a manager is really good then the biggest clubs come in for him
                                but then Spurs are one of the biggies. Also Mark Hughes managed City, and i think we can say he is definitely not a top manager.
                                I realise the top managers in the world right now are Guardiola, Mourinho, the German head coach, Wenger, but after that?.. A lot of these guys have got shed loads of money. Blanc at PSG surely can't be a top manager
                                he has done nothing but finds himself in charge of a super rich team.

Comment

Working...
                                X