Who should be our next manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Robbo ...not digging you out here, like your posts. How do you judge who is a good manager though?
    Going by his posts, he generally prefers more 'continental' type managers (and players) Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
      No way, not even in the top 30 odd managers in the world. Whats he done? 1 FA cup, and got a spurs team in the champions league.

I can't recall David Moyes winning much with Everton or in his whole managerial carrier... if anything? im not to sure. But he's still a great manager.
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
        Going by his posts, he generally prefers more 'continental' type managers (and players) Dave.
        Ok thanks Stanley. Continental isn't always better or trophy less managers are not all poor imo

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Robbo ...not digging you out here, like your posts. How do you judge who is a good manager though? Yes you can do it on silverware as you have mentioned.
          But as an example i think Warnock has been a great manager over the years, the lift he gave us i'm not sure another manager on the planet could've done that.
          He hasn't won anything like FA cups or suchlike.
          I believe Harry is one of the top managers in England, even if his teams haven't won tons of silverware.
          Not saying redknapp is a bad manger because he isn't Dave. Just saying he isn't one of the top managers around which the guy said he was. He clearly isn't as a top club would have him and he would have done a lot more in his long career.
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            I can't recall David Moyes winning much with Everton or in his whole managerial carrier... if anything? im not to sure. But he's still a great manager.
            Yer he is proving what a great manager he is at the moment
            @chrisrobson9

Comment

Proven to be a lot better then English players or managers no?
              @chrisrobson9

Comment

True, however there has been a clear trend/fashion for clubs deliberately appointing foreign coaches or players when theyre not always the best ones necessarily, because it can have the perception of appearing more glamourous. Whilst homegrown ones have been marginalised and as a result given fewer opportunities.

Dyche and Sherwood seem to be promising up and coming English managers who will hopefully have good futures.

Comment

I completely agree about your point with regards to being a 'top' manager.
                  He is hyped up by the press because he is very easy to talk to and I think he is great in front of the camera.

Fans love the fact he is a real old school football man. This means that he is very enthusiastic and working class. However this does help disguise his lack of tactical knowledge imo.

He won't ever get a top job because there are much better overall managers that have it all. Harry is very much a 1 trick pony and most big clubs see through his quick wit.

With regards to Moyes I don't really agree. I appreciate Ferguson won the league last year which was an incredible achievement but you're asking Moyes to make players like Wellbeck and Cleverly to be world beaters and far too many in his squad aren't good enough. Sir Alex knew when to retire and I think expectations were far too high. The playing staff needs a complete rebuild and for that reason Moyes deserves time and respect for now.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Not quite sure how they wil cope at our current Level, though?
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Oh your in the "if you haven't proven yourself in 5 minutes get out" gang... that makes a bit more sense why your digging Redknapp out... in fairness we should have signed X amount of players by now including Messi, Suarez etc and we should be top of table unbeaten. Lol
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I would love shaun derry to be our manager at some point. however with where TF sees the club in the next five years i doubt he'll have enough experience to be our manager by the time harry retires (he wont get sacked). as for Ryan Nelson he seems to be starting a long term project at TFC. given that theyve signed defoe and de rosario (big mls and candian player) already and the fact they were poor last season and he kept his job!
                        i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

True, however there has been a clear trend/fashion for clubs deliberately appointing foreign coaches or players when theyre not always the best ones necessarily, because it can have the perception of appearing more glamourous. Whilst homegrown ones have been marginalised and as a result given fewer opportunities.

Dyche and Sherwood seem to be promising up and coming English managers who will hopefully have good futures.
                          Lets hope so as there is nothing I want to see more then English footballers, managers, and national team catching up with the world elite.
                          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Oh your in the "if you haven't proven yourself in 5 minutes get out" gang... that makes a bit more sense why your digging Redknapp out... in fairness we should have signed X amount of players by now including Messi, Suarez etc and we should be top of table unbeaten. Lol
                            Nick I am not your GP but I think you need a holiday.
                            We have a small group of newbies on this board and unfortunately I could write down all their football knowledge on a postage stamp!
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              I completely agree about your point with regards to being a 'top' manager.
                              He is hyped up by the press because he is very easy to talk to and I think he is great in front of the camera.

Fans love the fact he is a real old school football man. This means that he is very enthusiastic and working class. However this does help disguise his lack of tactical knowledge imo.

He won't ever get a top job because there are much better overall managers that have it all. Harry is very much a 1 trick pony and most big clubs see through his quick wit.

With regards to Moyes I don't really agree. I appreciate Ferguson won the league last year which was an incredible achievement but you're asking Moyes to make players like Wellbeck and Cleverly to be world beaters and far too many in his squad aren't good enough. Sir Alex knew when to retire and I think expectations were far too high. The playing staff needs a complete rebuild and for that reason Moyes deserves time and respect for now.
                              On the whole, a very good post!! No doubt, you know your onions when it comes to fotball.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Didn't dig him out, just said you went way over the top saying he is one of the best managers around which he clearly isn't. On a side note also, Man U will be wrong IMO to get rid of Moyes. I mean look at Fergie when he first took charge of United. Agree with weare also that the Man U playing squad (apart from their forwards) isn't good enough to compete with the current top 4.
                                @chrisrobson9

Comment

Working...
                                X