Who should be our next manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should be our next manager?

Thinking ahead here..... hopefully someone at the club is thinking long term, post Harry. I reckon we should be looking at someone a fair bit younger who can do three things. Tactically you want someone who understands the way the game is changing and can set up a side according to what is in front of them, hate to say it but him down the road is a master at that, did it at Inter, did it tonight (stacked 4-2-4, ie 4-2-4-0), they should've won that 0-4. You want someone who can motivate. And you want someone who isn't afraid of bringing youngsters through. For me, this decision is the most important facing the club, far more so than facilities or stadia, and we should be thinking about it now. We have to get it right this time round. (An example: the difference between Moyes and Martinez is the difference between old school and new school. Martinez is far more flexible, far less likely to sit on a 1-0 even in the last couple of minutes away, can get a side comfortable with three or four at the back etc etc)

Vincenzo Montella is an interesting candidate, the right age and he has a strong win percentage with Fiorentina, knows his tactics.... I like Klopp but if he doesn't stay at BD he's destined for a big appointment. Who would you go for (realistically)? Any Brits?
    Marc Bircham/Steve Gallen
    3.85%
    Steve Clarke
    1.54%
    Neil Warnock
    4.62%
    Roberto Di Matteo
    8.46%
    Sean Dyche
    2.31%
    Rudi Garcia
    0.77%
    Glen Hoddle
    10.00%
    Eddie Howe
    10.00%
    Chris Hughton
    2.31%
    Michael Laudrup
    8.46%
    Malky Mackay
    19.23%
    Steve McClaren
    3.08%
    Vincenzo Montella
    0.77%
    Gus Poyet
    3.85%
    Keep Harry Redknapp
    10.77%
    Karl Robinson
    2.31%
    Uwe Røsler
    2.31%
    Sherwood/Ferdinand
    2.31%
    Murat Yakin
    0.77%
    Nigel Adkins
    2.31%

Steve Maclaren, Marc Bircham, Ian Holloway, Ryan Nelsen?
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Malky Mackay or maybe Shaun Derry?
      Last edited by Yousef; 04-02-2014, 09:50 AM.
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Good debate as Harry only has a couple of seasons left in him max.

I really rate Gus Poyet.

1) He is young
        2) He knows the English game
        3) He is tactically astute
        4) Players respect him because of the level he played at
        5) He creates a good team spirit (ala olly and colin)
        6) He likes London
        7) He's not managed top level yet so wouldn't break the bank

Perfect man if offered free reign and a pay rise!

Comment

I can see HR being a manager for at least 5 more years, he's still one of the best managers around and easily the best English manager.

So to start talking about getting a new manager seems a bit daft. Would be different if he only had only a couple more years in him, but in my opinion he is the long term manger.... our next manager may not even managed a team yet...
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Tony Pulis or Stan Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
              Good debate as Harry only has a couple of seasons left in him max.

I really rate Gus Poyet.

1) He is young
              2) He knows the English game
              3) He is tactically astute
              4) Players respect him because of the level he played at
              5) He creates a good team spirit (ala olly and colin)
              6) He likes London
              7) He's not managed top level yet so wouldn't break the bank

Perfect man if offered free reign and a pay rise!
              He is managing top level now? well top flight football.
              @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                I can see HR being a manager for at least 5 more years, he's still one of the best managers around and easily the best English manager.

So to start talking about getting a new manager seems a bit daft. Would be different if he only had only a couple more years in him, but in my opinion he is the long term manger.... our next manager may not even managed a team yet...
                No way, not even in the top 30 odd managers in the world. Whats he done? 1 FA cup, and got a spurs team in the champions league.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

Zidane just got his training Diploma! why not give him a chance to start his career at QPR!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                    He is managing top level now? well top flight football.
                    Top level as in top half prem. He's working with a struggling Sunderland side, no different to us last season and probably next season.

Comment

Someone do a 'our next striker' thread for when charlie retires, its good to discuss years ahead.

Comment

No way, not even in the top 30 odd managers in the world. Whats he done? 1 FA cup, and got a spurs team in the champions league.

You're having a laugh right???

Promotion and FA cup with Portsmouth.
                        Taking over spurs when they were bottom and rebuilt a team to take them to 4th. And got them to the Champions league.

HR's barely been here a year, he's completely rebuilding our team for the better and there's nonsense threads out there talking about sacking him and who will replace him.
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

You are wasting your time nick. Even if he gets us up people will still want him out, a lot of people on this forum hate the manager and no matter what he does it wont be good enough, we had the same thing with neil. Its called Rangersitiis.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            You are wasting your time nick. Even if he gets us up people will still want him out, a lot of people on this forum hate the manager and no matter what he does it wont be good enough, we had the same thing with neil. Its called Rangersitiis.

Yeah I think your right mate. I think ill move on from this one.
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Robbo ...not digging you out here, like your posts. How do you judge who is a good manager though? Yes you can do it on silverware as you have mentioned.
                              But as an example i think Warnock has been a great manager over the years, the lift he gave us i'm not sure another manager on the planet could've done that.
                              He hasn't won anything like FA cups or suchlike.
                              I believe Harry is one of the top managers in England, even if his teams haven't won tons of silverware.

Comment

Working...
                              X