No announcement yet.

QPR reveal new stadium plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we were to stay at LR serious money would have to be spent.The place is almost falling apart and will soon fail health and safety laws.I imagine the exits just about pass now.Might as well put the money
    into a new stadium.

Comment

• Will only get excited if we own the the stadium, which i don't believe to be the case! When its working it works, whens its broken and not going well 'we be ****ed'
      http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

• We will be going back to the area where we were formed, now that can't be all that bad surely. Our roots were never in W12 in the first place as we've only been playing at LR permanently since 1963. I for one will be sad to leave LR, but looking forward to extra legroom as I'm 6' 2'' and I'm sure shorter people find it just as uncomfortable.
        Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
        -----------------------------------------------------------------
        https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

• When there was talk of moving out to the Western International all those years ago, I'd have bitten your hand off for a move to a site this close.

Comment

• Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
            Portsmouth, Coventry, Wimbledon ............. & What about HULL TIGERS ?

Improvement ? Ask their fans.
            How about Man City? Not doing too bad eh?
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
              I am hoping the move to another ground goes t1ts up as i want the club to stay at Loftus Rd. Can forsee plenty of delays and problems along the way so if it does finally happen lets hope it takes a decade (or two).
              Flat eather
              Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                No it doesnt but a lot of fans on here only see the Southampton and Brighton's and ignore the Coventry's. Yes it could all work out but it could also all go t1ts up. TF might not be the Messiah, he might just be a very naughty boy :-)
                Are you hoping it all goes wrong so you can be proved right?

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                  How about Man City? Not doing too bad eh?
                  Correct Richard, BUT I've been living just outside of Manchester for 13 odd years and been coming up here on a regular basis since I was 21 which is 27 years ago & one thing I can tell you for certain is our core fan base is nothing like City's ...........
                  "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                  For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

• Ok, let's accept that the likes of Vblock are not happy with the move. Instead of all the negatives, why not come up with a sound plan to stay at LR, and then your protest group can put it to the fans and the board. Explain to us why you believe the future of the club is best served by staying at LR and playing in the championship.

Comment

Correct Richard, BUT I've been living just outside of Manchester for 13 odd years and been coming up here on a regular basis since I was 21 which is 27 years ago & one thing I can tell you for certain is our core fan base is nothing like City's ...........
                      Our fan base may not be the same as City's, I accept, but look at the similarities. Both lost their EPL status in 1996. Both ended up in League One. Both have lived in the shadow of neighbours who subsequently won the prem and champs league. Both sets of fans have had to endure years of ridicule and abuse. Both have good future prospects.

If we don't embrace this opportunity now, we'll regret it forever.

Comment

This may answer a few of your and others' questions/concerns: http://www.westlondonsport.com/featu...ootball9473222

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                          This may answer a few of your and others' questions/concerns: http://www.westlondonsport.com/featu...ootball9473222
                          Looks we'll own the ground too.

next negative ?

Comment

• Originally posted by jfish View Post
                            Looks we'll own the ground too.

next negative ?
                            Tony hasnt confirmed whether there is going to be a nandos or not yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                              Our fan base may not be the same as
                              City's, I accept, but look at the similarities. Both lost their EPL status in 1996. Both ended up in League One. Both have lived in the shadow of neighbours who subsequently won the prem and champs league. Both sets of fans have had to endure years of ridicule and abuse. Both have good future prospects.

If we don't embrace this opportunity now, we'll regret it forever.
                              Well lets all hope all ends up rosie in the garden then.

We all want the best, I'm sure ...... 'The gang of 4' are only pointing out a few of the negatives that we can see already.

No point organising a protest group is there ?
                              Complete waste of time for Cardiff, Wimbledon , Hull etc etc fans.

The Money men just do as they please, my only concern is the size of the stadium, but Uncle Tony hasn't taken any notice of our average gate just looked @ how many 1D tickets he can shift.
                              "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                              For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

• Good to hear Tony and Neil getting on well here and it's clear there's no hard feelings: http://talksport.com/football/fernan...m-13121371705?

Comment

Working...
                                X