Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which stock are you

As a rangers fan?
    My ol mum cleaned park royal hospital and dad layed paving slabs.fell in love as a kid listening to dickie Davies on world of sport saying queens park rangers.me dad liked wolves.worked hard all his life and paid his way but dragged us up proper,love em ! What did or do your parents do for a living and who do they support? P issed again,up the RS
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

P issed Again! makes two of us!! old man ex RAF regiment from Dublin met me mum when he was based at uxbridge she was a secretary in the city,She was born and raised in the Bush Living in Galloway Rd. my old man played for Shamrock rovers juniors as a kid pre RAF,when he did his RAF/Square bashing/ basic training he told me he went to watch Stoke one week wolves the next just loved his footy I think he was at RAF finingly at the time? met me mum mid 60's my Grandad George Bird SNR uncle G (George Bird jnr) and several cousins from Acton and Greenford all went RANGERS my old chap who just loved football was hooked on the R'S many stories of Rodney ,,the muddy bank the drum,, Don Givens Phil Parkes,Dave Thomas, white City dogs and punch ups down the Goldhawk Rd etc really Miss me old chap Flicking between Vintage Rangers games on youtube and Dubliners numbers...IF any think I Thank him and my Grandad for making me RANGERS!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safestanding.php

Comment

Not saying what daddy does as too many on here will know him if i say and he will get the zig signing autographs as lones dad.mummy owned a caff and then a hairdressers.both rangers though mummy couldn't give much of a ****.
      "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
      London Pride is a flower that's free.
      London Pride means our own dear town to us,
      And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Mum and Dad had a stall on Hammersmith Market for many years until they moved into a shop in Askew Road. Dad told me he supported rangers/Liverpool/Brentford would you believe except i am still not quite sure whether he has been winding me up for all these years :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Essexsteve View Post
          P issed Again! makes two of us!! old man ex RAF regiment from Dublin met me mum when he was based at uxbridge she was a secretary in the city,She was born and raised in the Bush Living in Galloway Rd. my old man played for Shamrock rovers juniors as a kid pre RAF,when he did his RAF/Square bashing/ basic training he told me he went to watch Stoke one week wolves the next just loved his footy I think he was at RAF finingly at the time? met me mum mid 60's my Grandad George Bird SNR uncle G (George Bird jnr) and several cousins from Acton and Greenford all went RANGERS my old chap who just loved football was hooked on the R'S many stories of Rodney ,,the muddy bank the drum,, Don Givens Phil Parkes,Dave Thomas, white City dogs and punch ups down the Goldhawk Rd etc really Miss me old chap Flicking between Vintage Rangers games on youtube and Dubliners numbers...IF any think I Thank him and my Grandad for making me RANGERS!!!!!!!!!
          one thing, the Irish love their sport, very much on the same lines as me, half a dozen of us White City who had Irish parents, all of us Rangers
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
            As a rangers fan?
            My ol mum cleaned park royal hospital and dad layed paving slabs.fell in love as a kid listening to dickie Davies on world of sport saying queens park rangers.me dad liked wolves.worked hard all his life and paid his way but dragged us up proper,love em ! What did or do your parents do for a living and who do they support? P issed again,up the RS
            My mum and dad had a fish stall down Portobello Rd on the corner of Golbone Rd,and we lived in Edbrook Rd Paddington.My dad dragged me along to LR when I was eight nearly 62 years ago.Although we moved to the relative countryside of Greenford my parents continued their small business in Portobello Rd and I used to help them out during my school holidays till virtually I left school when my mum made me get a proper job.Selling fish in all weathers was not good enough for her little boy.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
              My mum and dad had a fish stall down Portobello Rd on the corner of Golbone Rd,and we lived in Edbrook Rd Paddington.My dad dragged me along to LR when I was eight nearly 62 years ago.Although we moved to the relative countryside of Greenford my parents continued their small business in Portobello Rd and I used to help them out during my school holidays till virtually I left school when my mum made me get a proper job.Selling fish in all weathers was not good enough for her little boy.
              It's all coming back now.We lived in a basement flat with,no joke,gas lighting and an old concrete copper in the corner of the kitchen for the washing.My mum used to stand me up in an old butler sink to wash me down.In the end I told my mum to "leave it out mum,I'm 28 now and can wash myself" Joking apart they were great days and the R's have always been an integral part of my and my dad's lives,along with my daughters,son in law and 4 grandchildren.

Comment

Dad's French, came to London in '74 - met my mum who had 4 brothers, all born raised queens park/ Kensal rise. Dad had no team here so chose local. He bred a fan. Lad.

Comment

I am extreemly posh. Didn't get QPR from the parents either, but from growing up in west London until we moved away to the Country estate.
                  twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

My Dad owned a restaurant in Earls Court for 30 odd years until retirement, Mum was a housewife. Neither of them football fans. My best mate in primary school was Rangers, him and his Dad took me early 90's, supporter ever since!

Comment

Dads from Nigeria and mum is from Tokyo.

Comment

Dad - Builder from East Acton. Mum - Office clerk from Northolt.

I grew up on a council estate west of London outside of the M25.

No option but to support Rangers.

I'm now a University Lecturer...... And I make loads of wonga, have a nice house and nice toys..... and I don't miss the relative hardship of growing up one little bit. Does that make me a snob? Don't know and don't care!

Comment

dad was a baker - mum was a nurse
                          born and bred ladbroke grove
                          dad was a ranger, therefore i am a ranger
                          therefore my 3 sons are rangers
                          therefore my 7 grandchildren are rangers
                          cant wait for great-grandchildren !!

Comment

Dad worked at technicolor at heathrow and old dear did nish. Lived in the bush all their young lives till i was about ten until the council exchange to acton and then another one to northolt where they still are now. Onwards and upwards as they say.

Comment

My old man is out of Stepney ,he`s Rangers ,my mum was from Kennington of Irish stock , he was a printer and mum was a secretary . Mums family were from Bush moved out to Greenford and are all Rangers.
                              With the East End slum clearance ,Dads family got moved to St Helier Estate , our bit Rose Hill . He still lives in Sutton ,keeps a keen eye on results but at 83 dosn`t venture down the Bush anymore, Mum died a few years ago.
                              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Working...
                              X