No announcement yet.

Would you be happy with Tapia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fergie don't speak a word of English but he has done ok at man utd i guess.

Comment

W12 I agree with you mate.
      This foreign route is not the way to go.
      No one can prove it works in the championship as history shows you clearly that it doesn't work. Hiddink can speak amazing english and so can wenger among many other languages. I have seen wenger lose it on many occasions from the touchline so thats not really true. Both are clever men but we QPR need so stop going the foreign route as he might know la liga but I quarentee he will want to bring in more parejo types that can't hack the championship
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Claudio Ranieri didn't speak English when he started at Chelsea, but look language lessons whilst improving the team's performances and he finally left having learnt English and taken Chelsea to PL runnners-up and the CL S/F.

As long as Tapia is a good coach and makes the effort to learn English, I would be happy enough with him at QPR.

Comment

I think its different to compare the premiership to our situation. Premiership managers work with top class players, and have more time on the ball. This league is completely different

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
            No never heard off him have we learnt nothing frorm De Canio or Sousa....I'd be happy with Magilton, time to go back to basics and lets keep it simple.
            Yeah lets go back to basics with magilton, I'm sure everyone wants mid table mediocrity.

Comment

I think Martinez showed that the Spanish passing football can work in the CCC and is good to watch. I would much prefer to see us try and play it on the ground than lump it up to a blunt instrument up front like some of our tried and tested CCC managers seem to rely on. So in answer to the original question yes to Tapia.
              RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                W12 I agree with you mate.
                This foreign route is not the way to go.
                No one can prove it works in the championship as history shows you clearly that it doesn't work. Hiddink can speak amazing english and so can wenger among many other languages. I have seen wenger lose it on many occasions from the touchline so thats not really true. Both are clever men but we QPR need so stop going the foreign route as he might know la liga but I quarentee he will want to bring in more parejo types that can't hack the championship
                er history does not prove anything, there have been very few foreign managers in the CC so it is possible to make any kind of statistical analysis or comparison, Tigana was very successful, Martinez has done very well, LDC took a team from bottom to top 6 form in the 2nd half of the season. The dutch guy at Southampton was rubbish, the icelandic guy at Stoke was not very good either, that's about it other than Sousa.

Comment

Slight contradiction saying you want an English speaking manager, then saying you’d take Gigi, who can just about put a sentence together.

Also if you know nothing about the bloke, you have no idea what his English is like!
                  I also think any manager can manage in any league, the theory is the same, win games, so If this bloke understands how to win games, that’s good enough for me.

As for looking past what he’s achieved this season, take this article from 2005 about him….

“All hail the miracle man
                  Málaga were virtual certs for relegation, says Sid Lowe. Then along came Antonio Tapia, a bespectacled, cardigan-wearing magician who has put the feeding of the 5,000 firmly in the shade…

Which is pretty amazing, really, but there was more to it than that. When Tapia took over Málaga B in 2002 they were expected to struggle for survival in the 2nd Division B; instead, they won promotion to the Second Division (which, thanks to some revolutionary thinking from the Spanish really is the second division.) It was that, and the fact that he was cheap and available, which persuaded Roldán to give him a try.
                  It was a masterstroke. Málaga had picked up just 15 points in 18 matches under Manzano, winning four times. Under Tapia, who takes training wearing a comedy headset and microphone like a TV-am fitness instructor, Málaga beat Sevilla 1-0, then defeated Atlético Madrid by the same scoreline the following week. "When there's a new coach, players tend to react for a game or two; the question is can they do it beyond that?" Tapia said, shrugging.

He need not have worried: it took just seven games for Tapia's Málaga to rack up more points - 16: five wins, a draw and a single defeat - than they had all season under Manzano, topping off the run with a 6-1 thrashing of Osasuna, the club's biggest ever away victory. In truth, six goals flattered them and the following week Málaga were back to normal with a 1-0 win over Athletic, their fifth 1-0 in eight (kust for good measure, their one defeat was 1-0 as well, against Zaragoza). Not that anyone is complaining about lack of goals: from four points adrift, Málaga are now 10 points clear of the relegation zone. They're Spain's best team since the turn of the year.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...football.sport

Comment

Originally posted by E4Hoop View Post
                    Yeah lets go back to basics with magilton, I'm sure everyone wants mid table mediocrity.
                    And there is the problem everyone seems to want to run before they can walk, we need to steady the ship first. If it is Magilton he should be given a couple of seasons to achieve promotion. At present we are a mid table club, Jim Magilton has managed Ipswich to comfortable, mid table positions. The season before last Ipswich were easily playing the best football in the division, IMO we have better players than that Ipswich side so potentially Magilton could do better with us. From my understanding Magilton works best with a tight budget so he shouldn’t feel out of place at QPR. He knows the divison, he knows our players and the oppositions players. He is just out of work which means he is fresh, the longer this goes on the more I am warming to Jim Magilton.

Some of our fans make me laugh you think because you a poxy £100 more for your season ticket it entitles us to a promotion achieving team...well it doesn’t! What we need is stability and that is something which will only be achieved through appointing an experienced CCC Level manager.

Comment

Very well said.
                      Common sense at last!
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I think it isn't all about speaking English or knowing the CCC. Sometimes a good coach, can be succesful almost anywhere.

I also think that there are far too many xenophobic views on the MBs and amongst other QPR fans.

I recall walking to the ground just as te teams were announced for the Swansea match and overheard some fans complaining about the 3 foreign see you next tuesdays playing. I think that referred to Taarabt, Di Carmine and Lopez. I wonder, did those fans cheer when QPR won and Taarabt ran rings around some of the Swansea players or when Lopez set up the winner?

If Tapia does get the job, perhaps we should wait to see how he does before we write him off. Afterall, he is an experienced coach, unlike Sousa.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          I think it isn't all about speaking English or knowing the CCC. Sometimes a good coach, can be succesful almost anywhere.

I also think that there are far too many xenophobic views on the MBs and amongst other QPR fans.

I recall walking to the ground just as te teams were announced for the Swansea match and overheard some fans complaining about the 3 foreign see you next tuesdays playing. I think that referred to Taarabt, Di Carmine and Lopez. I wonder, did those fans cheer when QPR won and Taarabt ran rings around some of the Swansea players or when Lopez set up the winner?

If Tapia does get the job, perhaps we should wait to see how he does before we write him off. Afterall, he is an experienced coach, unlike Sousa.
                          I see your point but IMO at this moment in time its all about damage limitation this club can ill afford to lose a 3rd foreign coach in less than 2 years - we are becoming a joke! We tried to be a bit cute bringing in foreign players and managers it hasn't worked for one reason or another its time to get back to basics as I said before (and was laughed at by E4Hoop).

Comment

Working...
                          X