Top 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 8

Anyone else noticed that we have yet to play any of the teams currently in the top 8,and won't be in the next 3 games either,I'm not suggested anyone we have played so far have been **** but have we really had a hard game yet,which maybe the exception of Leeds away,next 3 games are certainly winnable,then we start playing some of the top teams in the league.We have yet to play well over 90 mins this season,and only scored twice in the first game of the season and only won by a single goal( 1-0 in all,except the 2-1),all against teams below 8 th place,not being negative( maybe a little)but bigger tests ahead and by Christmas we should have a truer idea of how good we are.

No easy games in the championship, they are ALL hard.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
      I agree! Every team and their fans will be up for it, hopefully our talent and depth are able to keep us winning as the season progresses!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

I think you will find that most of the top 8 have only played 1 or 2 of the top 8 teams. Some of the teams we beat would be top 8 if they won against us also

Comment

Most bookies expected Bolton to be Top 6 end of season and Leeds could have gone 2nd, 2 weeks ago, both sides we have beaten on their own patch. Whilst I am not doing cartwheels just yet, we have had a ****** good start and hopefully our performance level will improve as the season moves on and we start to meet other sides who will challenge us for promotion. Bookies don't often get it wrong and we are favourites for a reason. We have the added pressure that as favourites everyone will raise their own game against us but that comes with the territory of being a club with pedigree.

Comment

Everyone on this board knows I'm as negative as **** but( don't tell anyone)I'm reasonable optimistic we will get promoted this season

Comment

With the arrival of Chevanton, hopefully we will score more goals.
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Its all relevant

But you could say we have been lucky at the times we have played certain teams.

For example Burnley and Blackpool could suddenly begin to struggle as they dont have much depth in thier squad and when we play them we may then see it as an easy game.

Bolton may not be performing currently but could end up in the top six with a run of ten games (as this league can change quickly in ten games) and we could be looking at the win at Bolton as quality

We may just be playing the right teams at the right times...

Comment

At least playing the 'lesser expected teams of this league' so far has given us a great start and foundation providing good momentum and at least a chance for the group to work together for when we play the so called bigger clubs.

Comment

On the upside were still slightly in the dark about who the top 8 will be, on last years evidence we've played Brighton and Bolton already

Comment

If there is such a thing in this league, we'll have an 'easy' game when we least expect it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                        Anyone else noticed that we have yet to play any of the teams currently in the top 8,and won't be in the next 3 games either,I'm not suggested anyone we have played so far have been **** but have we really had a hard game yet,which maybe the exception of Leeds away,next 3 games are certainly winnable,then we start playing some of the top teams in the league.We have yet to play well over 90 mins this season,and only scored twice in the first game of the season and only won by a single goal( 1-0 in all,except the 2-1),all against teams below 8 th place,not being negative( maybe a little)but bigger tests ahead and by Christmas we should have a truer idea of how good we are.
                        The real challenge in this dvision is to win games away from home not who you play IMO

Comment

The poorer teams will set up shop to make it difficult for us to break them down hence the low scoring games. When we play better teams that have a go at us I hope it will open up games allowing our forward thinking players more space to do serious damage.
                          Hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by gravesendhoop View Post
                            The poorer teams will set up shop to make it difficult for us to break them down hence the low scoring games. When we play better teams that have a go at us I hope it will open up games allowing our forward thinking players more space to do serious damage.
                            Hopefully!
                            And we'll ramraid em.....blow their f*ckin doors off

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                              relative to what? games in the championship a hell of a lot easier in the prem - just look at the results.

Comment

Working...
                              X