QPR Fans Forum @ LR - 03/10/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
    If it was Mick Ellicott who was the loud person last night then despite his alledged behaviour he was certainly a lot more entitled to be there and ask questions then those who were only invited because of their connections to a fans website

Mick rarely if ever misses a game and so would have easily amassed enough loyalty points to be invited on merit and I think some should wonder if he might have a life long medical condition before automatically assuming he was drunk
    Whoever it was did sound pished out of his head, but harry was happy chatting away to him. The host kept trying to steer everything away from him, but H kept talking to him about racing etc even when others were asking him questions with the mic.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmycarter View Post
      Whoever it was did sound pished out of his head, but harry was happy chatting away to him. The host kept trying to steer everything away from him, but H kept talking to him about racing etc even when others were asking him questions with the mic.
      I dont think Mick has ever been in to racing so I bet that was a great conversation (no pun intended)

Comment

Yeah you could tell, it sounded like he was telling harry had a horse racing that night at wolverhampton, and he said no he didnt.
        What was the bloke on about dead people after the yeovi' game by the way, what was that about?

Comment

[QUOTE=jimmycarter;1159943]Yeah you could tell, it sounded like he was telling harry had a horse racing that night at wolverhampton, and he said no he didnt.
          What was the bloke on about dead people after the yeovi' game by the way, what was that about?[/QUOTE]

Was that on the coach?

Comment

Not 100% sure, couldnt hear him properly. Think so though.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmycarter View Post
              Not 100% sure, couldnt hear him properly. Think so though.
              Ah I see

He must have been on about someone who died in the ASDA car park near Yeovils ground which held up all the traffic near the ground for an hour or so

Comment

Yeah i knew about that, and thought he was talking about that at first, but it seemed a bit too deep for some random dropping dead in asda. Maybe someone who was there can elaborate, cos they wouldnt let the bloke near a mic, so its hard to decipher what hes saying most of the time.

Comment

If it was Mick Ellicott who was the loud person last night then despite his alledged behaviour he was certainly a lot more entitled to be there and ask questions then those who were only invited because of their connections to a fans website
                  As well as those on the highest amount of loyalty points, for the first time ever the club is inviting someone from each of the QPR fan orgs/sites to these forums. It's clear since the TF takeover how much more they're doing to reach out and engage with the fanbase.

So as a fan website if we're invited to these events what should we do Isles...just not bother going? I was asking questions last night that we'd invited our posters to send in, as well as what people have been debating here for some time. You seem to be suggesting we are somehow less entitled to that.

Comment

Thats fair enough, but I do think people who actually make the effort to go to the games should go to these forum nights though. I mean just cos you have been made a mod, doesnt mean you automatically make an effort to get of youre arris to go and see the football being played and facilities etc. Not saying you dont go Stan, i know you do. I mean forums as a whole across the 'board'. No pun.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                      As well as those on the highest amount of loyalty points, for the first time ever the club is inviting someone from each of the QPR fan orgs/sites to these forums. It's clear since the TF takeover how much more they're doing to reach out and engage with the fanbase.

So as a fan website if we're invited to these events what should we do Isles...just not bother going? I was asking questions last night that we'd invited our posters to send in, as well as what people have been debating here for some time. You seem to be suggesting we are somehow less entitled to that.
                      Not at all Stanley

All I was trying to say was that despite the critisism that Mick has received on both this and another site he was fully entitled to go last night and air his views though not of course if he was alledgedly drunk as goes home and away week in week out and would have amassed the points required

These evenings are not really for me but good luck to those who run or help moderate websites who were invited as the evening obviously then reaches a far wider audience and I actually think its good they do get invited and also attend

Comment

JimmyC and Isles, completely agree with everything you say guys.

This moment was hilarious last night starring Emily Foster - Harry at his comic best at 41:15:

Comment

Not at all Stanley

All I was trying to say was that despite the critisism that Mick has received on both this and another site he was fully entitled to go last night and air his views though not of course if he was alledgedly drunk as goes home and away week in week out and would have amassed the points required

These evenings are not really for me but good luck to those who run or help moderate websites who were invited as the evening obviously then reaches a far wider audience and I actually think its good they do get invited and also attend
                          So hang on are you saying he was drunk, or like in your other post it's a 'condition'?

Not saying he shouldn't be there but it does help when you wait your turn to speak out. Interrupting and talking over people is a condition of just outright rudeness!

Fair play that he goes home and away, and does more games, but he needs to tone it down a little mate because it spoils it for fans that want to talk about relevant qpr matters.
                          Stanley fine job and nice to have a respectable person representing this forum, certainly helps it's tattered image.
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            So hang on are you saying he was drunk, or like in your other post it's a 'condition'?

Not saying he shouldn't be there but it does help when you wait your turn to speak out. Interrupting and talking over people is a condition of just outright rudeness!

Fair play that he goes home and away, and does more games, but he needs to tone it down a little mate because it spoils it for fans that want to talk about relevant qpr matters.
                            Stanley fine job and nice to have a respectable person representing this forum, certainly helps it's tattered image.
                            You obviously did not read the part of the post stating "alledgedly"

Comment

You obviously did not read the part of the post stating "alledgedly"
                              Not having a pop at you. You're a decent bloke and a fan I respect.
                              You've certainly helped me out in the past and many other fans.

All I am saying is that he needs to tone it down because I like allot of people wasn't impressed. I know Harry took it in his stride but talking over people is just not on and he needs to know that his attitude must improve if he wants to be invited back.
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                                Not having a pop at you. You're a decent bloke and a fan I respect.
                                You've certainly helped me out in the past and many other fans.

All I am saying is that he needs to tone it down because I like allot of people wasn't impressed. I know Harry took it in his stride but talking over people is just not on and he needs to know that his attitude must improve if he wants to be invited back.
                                If he was as bad as some say then yes I completely agree with you

Comment

Working...
                                X