Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we really that good, or is this league just p*ss poor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we really that good, or is this league just p*ss poor?

I know we haven't come across all of the "big boys" yet but seriously? Played 7, scored 7, top of the league?!

To be honest, we've looked good in patches but overall we've not been amazing. Some of the chances we've gifted opposition and they've just fluffed it - opening game against Sheff Wed when the guy blasted over with pretty much an open goal, and the similar miss by Brum in the last game. Against better teams, we would have been dead and buried.

We're gonna tonk someone soon and then the goals should start flowing soon - hopefully? Looking forward to AJ coming back and Krancjar starting. These 2 will make a massive difference.

So my conclusion: the league in general is p*ss poor but we need to step up our game and fast, and imo its basically ours to lose.

Thoughts?

I think it's more a case of anyone can beat anyone in this league - but nobody can beat us.

Comment

Defensively sound, toothless up front.

Comment

Originally posted by Westway View Post
        I think it's more a case of anyone can beat anyone in this league - but nobody can beat us.
        Agreed, that's why the Champs is so much better than the Prem!

Comment

Early days yet .

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
            Defensively sound, toothless up front.
            This. Created little if anything tonight. Not sure it's a striker thing. Midfield very reluctant to play any killer ball. And no one other than Austin gets into the box other than at set pieces. Second half subs poorly judged. Roll on Kransjar's coming into the team. Still mustn't be greedy. And mustn't moan. Top of the league. But warning bells ringing.

Comment

How many times do we turn back & play balls backwards rather than having the confidence to play forward? Slows play down every time. Lacked options tonight & although Matty Phillips improved from Saturday he was dwelling on the ball to much. Get it into the box FFS. I know charlie was on his own but he thrives off of them kind of balls.

Comment

Austin has got more chance scoring an own goal with the service he gets up the other end.
                Twenty my Aristotle.
                It is a poor league imho. And teams are scared of our manager and players on paper. We would of lost Saturday and tonight I reckon if either team were not scared of us, in a man united at home in the premiership type way.

Comment

We are toothless up front because we are defensively sound. 1 upfront and grafters like O'Neil, Henry and Barton means it hards for them to score against us but we create nothing

Comment

I much rather it being mean as hell at the back and proving very difficult to beat to teams than being free scoring but leaking 2-3 a game and being mid-table (see Blackburn, Bournemouth, Watford)... As long as we stay tough at the back and make it difficult to beat us, the rest will click in time.

Comment

Personally speaking I think teams are showing us too much respect which in turn is helping us while we're not firing on all cylinders.. We're not really being pushed into playing well, ATM it's all a bit too easy..
                      Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

I was thinking the same as that, sort of said so a few posts up. Everyone seems Shi t scared of us and they are to afraid to bring the game to us. Thank fark.

Comment

If your question relates to how well we would do in the premiership I'd say we would struggle big time.

Comment

I bet you the first team to come at us gets big time! They are scared for a reason, give those players time on the ball and you get opened up.
                            Kept the faith!

Comment

I usually say wait for the first 10 matches to get an idea how good we are but this season we been squeezing it out. I am not convince yet how good we are or are we riding our luck. I think we will get a better idea over the next 5 to 7 matches.

Comment

Working...
                              X