X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was probably posted before but I found it interesting
    http://metro.co.uk/2011/09/19/joey-b...-henry-155765/

Comment

That's right, I'm sure I remember hearing it was 80k a week.

Comment

I am not defending this ludicrous salary but we should bear in mind the reason it is so high is we got him on a free. The real fee at the time would have probably been about £5m for a player with his reputation (at the time!)

Comment

Joey Barton and Karl Henry end feud after ex-Wolves midfielder joins QPR

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...barton-2086481

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
            I am not defending this ludicrous salary but we should bear in mind the reason it is so high is we got him on a free. The real fee at the time would have probably been about £5m for a player with his reputation (at the time!)
            Good point and 2 years at 80k a week is nearly £8.5 million we have paid him so far ...with 2 years left on his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
              Good point and 2 years at 80k a week is nearly £8.5 million we have paid him so far ...with 2 years left on his contract.
              I read in Le Monde that Marseille paid half his salary while he was there, which is why they are happy to continue doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
                I read in Le Monde that Marseille paid half his salary while he was there, which is why they are happy to continue doing that.
                hmm k well that would have saved us half his wages for 9 months approx £1.5 million. So thats £7 million we have paid him so far with 2 years (another £8.5million) to go. Expensive player for what he does! and i am a fan of his.

Comment

We won't get any fee for him that's for sure

Comment

Need to get rid of likes of Barton and Adel. Neither want to be here and both have personality issues and latter weight issues too! Do more harm than good. With Bosingwa seemingly almost gone would be massive lift seeing those two clowns go as well. Players like that have been a cancer in this club last year or two.

Comment

Barton wishes teammate good luck

Barton bids farewell to teammate Jamie Mackie

http://www.premiershiptalk.com/2013/...ership+Talk%29

Comment

Hoping it wont be too long before a current player is wishing Barton best of luck at a new club

Comment

He i our best midfielder, except Tarbs, and that is saying something about the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfy View Post
                            He i our best midfielder, except Tarbs, and that is saying something about the others.
                            Dear oh dear!

Comment

"Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                              For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Originally posted by Felt View Post
                                It's clear Marseille aren't fussed, which is a shame for us. 70k a week. Christ.
                                So, a newspaper reports Barton is on £70k a week and you believe it? Another paper reported Samba was on £100k a week. Did you believe that too?

The chairman said no one at the club was on more than £65k a week and there were contracts with pay cuts if we were relegated.
                                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Working...
                                X