Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

Thread: Fan Sites & QPR Media Dept - Meeting 2

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northolt
    Posts
    38,676
    Blog Entries
    182

    Default

    Originally Posted by Greengrass
    Unbelievable that the club lock themselves into a 4-5 year website contract without public or private testing beforehand. Some businesses just have no idea of the importance of how their brand looks in the furtherance of selling themselves in the best possible way. Test, discuss and criticize before you go live. Can I have a job there please in club promotion?
    I believe it was a contract with the FA and all the clubs had signed outside the EPL.

    Originally Posted by Bigsteve
    LSA excluded again! :rage:
    If the club allow it you can replace this site from the next meeting, it's no problem at all mate.

  2. Default

    Respect IT & PM for taking the time to engage with the fans, still think they're very wide of mark when it comes to understanding the fanbase and the club and i am sick to death of their PR/spin orientated posts.

    The thing that strikes me is that for a fairly small club, we have so many different message boards and fans groups. The club will find it pretty much impossible to move onwards and upwards when it has a fan base that is so fragmented.

  3. Default

    Originally Posted by Stanley76
    [*]IT reiterated the club’s policy on announcing signings, giving a recent example where he’d been asked online why the club hadn’t confirmed the Wayne Bridge signing yet. Going back to Neil Warnock’s time at the club IT and PM gave an example of a player who had gone as far as being interviewed in the QPR shirt for QPR Player only for the deal to collapse at the last moment.
    So who is this player??

    My guess would be that it was Alex as all the rumours were the deal was done and dusted and on verge of being announced (Did Sky not have it on the ticker as medical completed??) then he turned up at PSG.

    Anyone care to suggest anyone else

  4. #19

    Default

    Originally Posted by West Acton
    So who is this player??

    My guess would be that it was Alex as all the rumours were the deal was done and dusted and on verge of being announced (Did Sky not have it on the ticker as medical completed??) then he turned up at PSG.

    Anyone care to suggest anyone else
    Darren Ambrose.

    It happened on the eve of the 2010 Palace takeover, saving them from extinction; then their new owners opted to pull the plug on the deal at the 11th hour. IT and PM cited this as a prime example of why the club must always be meticulous about only announcing deals once they are literally signed, sealed and delivered, and this example sort of proves why. Hence their reputation for often being the last source to make such announcements in this modern age of rapid moving multi/social-media.

  5. Default

    Originally Posted by Stanley76
    Darren Ambrose.

    It happened on the eve of the 2010 Palace takeover, saving them from extinction; then their new owners opted to pull the plug on the deal at the 11th hour. IT and PM cited this as a prime example of why the club must always be meticulous about only announcing deals once they are literally signed, sealed and delivered, and this example sort of proves why. Hence their reputation for often being the last source to make such announcements in this modern age of rapid moving multi/social-media.
    Good shout I was not thinking that far back

  6. Default

    the QPR LSA were not invited, despite having media outlets with a facebook page and an mb
    hey ho
    talk about working together for the good of the club

  7. #22

    Default

    Originally Posted by themodfather
    the QPR LSA were not invited, despite having media outlets with a facebook page and an mb
    hey ho
    talk about working together for the good of the club
    Hey ho, how about just talking to the guys who organise these meetings to determine the cause for your ommission and find a solution instead of endlessly moaning about it on forums?
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

    http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

    How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

  8. Default

    Originally Posted by Kirill
    Hey ho, how about just talking to the guys who organise these meetings to determine the cause for your ommission and find a solution instead of endlessly moaning about it on forums?
    We're QPR fans, it's our right to moan!

  9. #24

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kirill
    Hey ho, how about just talking to the guys who organise these meetings to determine the cause for your ommission and find a solution instead of endlessly moaning about it on forums?
    Very harsh even if you are joking which I am not sure you are

    The LSA has done far more over the years for QPR fans then any forum or messageboard has and should have been at the top of the invite list

  10. Default

    Originally Posted by IsleworthRanger
    Very harsh even if you are joking which I am not sure you are

    The LSA has done far more over the years for QPR fans then any forum or messageboard has and should have been at the top of the invite list
    Well said.

    Used to go on the LSA coach to away games when i was young- great group who are all only concerned with the good of the club, whereas alot of the message boards tend to loose sight of that IMO.

  11. #26

    Default

    LSA ,in the eyes of the club are old fashioned
    Football played the Charlie Ferris way

  12. #27

    Default

    Originally Posted by IsleworthRanger
    Very harsh even if you are joking which I am not sure you are

    The LSA has done far more over the years for QPR fans then any forum or messageboard has and should have been at the top of the invite list
    What exactly is that "harsh" joke in my post, pray tell me? Me pointing out the bleeding obvious, that they should just talk to the people who organise the event instead of pointlessly venting their frustration on WATRB again? I see nothing hilarious in this situation. Not our fault they have not been invited. And where on this thread have I denigrated their past and present efforts that you feel the need to lecture me on now, can you show me please? Looks like a "straw man" argument from you for no reason whatsoever.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

    http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

    How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

  13. #28

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kirill
    What exactly is that "harsh" joke in my post, pray tell me? Me pointing out the bleeding obvious, that they should just talk to the people who organise the event instead of pointlessly venting their frustration on WATRB again? I see nothing hilarious in this situation. Not our fault they have not been invited. And where on this thread have I denigrated their past and present efforts that you feel the need to lecture me on now, can you show me please? Looks like a "straw man" argument from you for no reason whatsoever.
    Wow what an over the top reaction to a posting stating that the LSA should have been invited to this meeting and the phrase throwing your toys out of the pram does not even come close

    Lecturing you indeed!! It was my opinion thats all but as you obviously have no grasp of what the LSA does or what it did in the past there really is no point on continuing to debate with you

  14. #29

    Default

    Firstly, could I just say a public thank you to Stanley76 for giving his time to attend once again. Along with of course, those from the other sites that attended. Personally, I think such a get together on a regular basis is a huge step forward in bridging the gap created between club and fans over recent times. There will always be those who insist upon taking the view that it's all hot air, as I saw mentioned elsewhere, but it's easier to complain than do something constructive yourself.

    Isleworth, I think Kirill was just attempting to make the point, (albeit bluntly and to the point), that it would be far simpler and more productive to contact Ian directly with his grievance, rather than complain about it on a thread on this messageboard. Particularly when the same moan was made on this board by the same people after the first such meeting and not to my knowledge, on other boards.

    Perhaps Steve and the Modfather would like to contact myself directly and along with Stanley, we could arrange to put up a stickied post for the benefit of all the members of this board who may not be aware of what the LSA do, telling them a bit more and even how to go about joining if they so wish. Can't really say fairer than that, can we.

    Seems to me to be a rather strong over reaction on both sides here, to something we should all be welcoming. Would seem like a better idea not to moan and whinge, but to utilise Stanley's attendance to raise your concerns as members of this site. Not being rude at all, but I can only assume that the LSA forum may not be popular enough to warrant inclusion.

    Best take cover now as I will no doubt have offended someone.

  15. #30

    Default

    Originally Posted by brightonr
    Firstly, could I just say a public thank you to Stanley76 for giving his time to attend once again. Along with of course, those from the other sites that attended. Personally, I think such a get together on a regular basis is a huge step forward in bridging the gap created between club and fans over recent times. There will always be those who insist upon taking the view that it's all hot air, as I saw mentioned elsewhere, but it's easier to complain than do something constructive yourself.

    Isleworth, I think Kirill was just attempting to make the point, (albeit bluntly and to the point), that it would be far simpler and more productive to contact Ian directly with his grievance, rather than complain about it on a thread on this messageboard. Particularly when the same moan was made on this board by the same people after the first such meeting and not to my knowledge, on other boards.

    Perhaps Steve and the Modfather would like to contact myself directly and along with Stanley, we could arrange to put up a stickied post for the benefit of all the members of this board who may not be aware of what the LSA do, telling them a bit more and even how to go about joining if they so wish. Can't really say fairer than that, can we.

    Seems to me to be a rather strong over reaction on both sides here, to something we should all be welcoming. Would seem like a better idea not to moan and whinge, but to utilise Stanley's attendance to raise your concerns as members of this site. Not being rude at all, but I can only assume that the LSA forum may not be popular enough to warrant inclusion.


    Best take cover now as I will no doubt have offended someone.
    Thank you for a reasoned and inteligent response from one of the Moderators of this site and also to MYU of course for his offer to allow the LSA to replace this sites place at the next meeting though I hope that both messageboards will be represented at the next one

    As a proud Life Member of the LSA and an ex committee member I cannot express how much work the current guys on the committee do for the good of all QPR fans so please excuse my anger when I read that members of this site who are loyal QPR fans and also members of the LSA get dismissed out of hand by one of your senior Mod colleagues for mentioning that they have been effectively been barred from attending this media meeting

    Its not for me to request a sticky as you have kindly offered staing what the LSA have in the past stood for and what they offer now but as a standard member I would appreciate it so those like Krill will understand where some fans stand on this issue
    Last edited by IsleworthRanger; 24-06-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •