Hughes ready to raid QPR for Hoilett in swap deal for Crouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
    Does it need a fat freeloading khunt taking 40 large a week?
    I just think this is another lazy bit of journalism.
    Crouch was linked in last window and it didn't happen.
    The story was also posted by the press before Hughes was even confirmed as Stoke Manager.

I would let them have Hoillett, Bosingwa, Granero, in exchange for Shawcross.

Comment

The only thing that it might possibly be is that Hoilett could have negotiated a free transfer clause from the club in the event we got relegated. We didn't pay a transfer fee for him when we got him, apart from the compensation payment to Blackburn.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Compensation and transfer fee.... Money still went to Blackburn and I imagine we still got sucked into given him a joining fee.
        http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
          I just think this is another lazy bit of journalism.
          Crouch was linked in last window and it didn't happen.
          The story was also posted by the press before Hughes was even confirmed as Stoke Manager.

I would let them have Hoillett, Bosingwa, Granero, in exchange for Shawcross.
          And Stoke's best player and one of the most highly rated English defenders in the Premier League would want to join a relegated circus of a club like QPR? I have to admire your optimism...!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
            The only thing that it might possibly be is that Hoilett could have negotiated a free transfer clause from the club in the event we got relegated. We didn't pay a transfer fee for him when we got him, apart from the compensation payment to Blackburn.
            We did pay a fee but it was less than what most valued him at the time because he was out of contract, however because he was under 24 we paid them 4million in compensation.

Seems like allot of money now. I do think i'd keep him because I think he'd do well in the championship, if we could get him fit. That's the major issue with junior he has a height issue and tends to look more like an oompa lumpa rather than a professional footballer. If he got a run of games then I think we'd see a much better player. He has been a big disappointment however I think there are loads more players that should leave ahead of him!
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              We did pay a fee but it was less than what most valued him at the time because he was out of contract, however because he was under 24 we paid them 4million in compensation.

Seems like allot of money now. I do think i'd keep him because I think he'd do well in the championship, if we could get him fit. That's the major issue with junior he has a height issue and tends to look more like an oompa lumpa rather than a professional footballer. If he got a run of games then I think we'd see a much better player. He has been a big disappointment however I think there are loads more players that should leave ahead of him!
              Agree. Plus he was about the only player we have signed in the last couple of years who is under 30!

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                mark my words...we will get rid of hoilett and he'll turn into the player we thought he was. short term contract for crouchy only-we can't keep on making the same mistakes in regards to long contracts for players on the verge of being past it.
                Yeah,need to stop giving out big money 4 year contracts to average players.

2 years max for Crouch.

Comment

I say get rid of him but not by swapping him with Crouch. Just sell him to the highest bidder.
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                  X