Qpr in brent???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
    the 93 bus wimbledon to putney the hours i wasted waiting for them back in the day
    Tell me about it! Always used to end up on Putney Bridge bridge waiting for the 93 after an away game.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
      Wow, that's a two bus job to get to Loftus Road! I used to live in South Wimbledon know the area very well. Where do you live now?
      always lived around Merton,Sutton or Croydon and ive just (ish ) moved from Croydon itself to Coulsdon in the south of the borough . What about you ?
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

72 and Joe ,do you remember a bloke ,we called him Dave the Crip , ( though i think his real name was Mark ) not a very PC nickname ,but it was the 80s and we were just teenage boys taking the p iss, he used to go to football in the 80s via the 93 bus , Wimbledon,Fulham,Rangers and Chelsea ,he used to watch all of them .
        Everyone seemed to know him ,he had black, possibly liquorice ,bits permanantly stuck in his lips ,which would occasionally make his fag but stick to his lip too ,causing a mini firework display on the back of the bus ,much to our amusement .......
        He was obviously not all there ,but always seemed harmless enough, we`d see him practically every Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprnw10 View Post
          Cheers!
          In fact, steer clear of Wycombe full stop. Overcrowded nightmare of a place.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
            72 and Joe ,do you remember a bloke ,we called him Dave the Crip , ( though i think his real name was Mark ) not a very PC nickname ,but it was the 80s and we were just teenage boys taking the p iss, he used to go to football in the 80s via the 93 bus , Wimbledon,Fulham,Rangers and Chelsea ,he used to watch all of them .
            Everyone seemed to know him ,he had black, possibly liquorice ,bits permanantly stuck in his lips ,which would occasionally make his fag but stick to his lip too ,causing a mini firework display on the back of the bus ,much to our amusement .......
            He was obviously not all there ,but always seemed harmless enough, we`d see him practically every Saturday.
            was he a bit simple had a bit of a stutter and always handing out fags

Comment

was he a bit simple had a bit of a stutter and always handing out fags
              thats him .probably about early twenties ( 1985 ish ) , think he lived around Morden/north Cheam way )

Comment

havn't seen him since the 80's , was told he got threatened by some arsenal fan and knocked coming to rangers on the head

Comment

havn't seen him since the 80's , was told he got threatened by some arsenal fan and knocked coming to rangers on the head
                  Anyone who threatened Dave the crip,would have to be a proper wrong un ,from what i gathered he was a harmless fella who only had football in his life , we took the p iss in a jokey way ,but we all liked him ,and certainly wouldnt have let anyone take liberties with him

Comment

me and my crew original roehampton possee
                    I'm from South London. We used to have a couple of carloads going from Croydon in the late 70s and early 80s. Before that it was the 109 to Streatham and the 49 to the Green. Great days. I have got to know quite a few others in the area. One of my lads plays at Chipstead and I got talking to one of the other dads last year and he turned out to be Rangers. It turned out he sits in P block and I cheerfully (note that is before the game!) wave to him every home game from my seat in R block. Small world.

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
                      always lived around Merton,Sutton or Croydon and ive just (ish ) moved from Croydon itself to Coulsdon in the south of the borough . What about you ?
                      Started off in Fulham just off the the Fulham Palace road, then moved to South Wimbledon. My parents recently moved to Carshalton and I now divide my time between there and my girlfriends house in Brockley. We're looking to get our own place in the next few months. In that time I also lived in New Cross for couple of years with some mates.

How did you end up a Rangers fan, was it through family?

I don't know the old fella your talking about, unfortunately before my time! Sounded like a right character!

Also, you might be interested in this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD45GP4r4hY

A bit off topic but it's a great doc about the BTP in the late 80's. There's some raw footage of Rangers battering some Luton fans at Kings Cross, it's 22 mins in. London looked grim in the 80's! I was too young to remember!

Comment

• Saw a QPR shirt being worn in Stonebridge yesterday! Was well chuffed

Comment

Working...
                        X