Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fan Sites & QPR Media Dept - Meeting 1

Originally Posted by rangersbest
    what make LFW a great site the the person that runs it actually goes to away games and does great write ups on his away days
    Originally Posted by IsleworthRanger
    From the same origional poster on here last August

"shows what you know, ever read clives write ups? an owner that supports QPR and writes great articles unlike MYU how hasn't a clue about QPR and couldn't even write an article and goes on about sousa was out worst manager ever. "

Definate agenda
    You can see he is not here to contribute, ban him.
    Stand and Deliver!

This looks like a very useful meeting, the people working within the clubs media and marketing and the independant web sites and message boards should have effective cross communication, sharing of plans and ideas will increase understanding across the QPR community.

Thanks to Stanley76 for taking the time to represent this forum and well done to Neil from LFW for the extensive report. its a pig of a job making notes and collating the information and its never easy getting agreement on a report from all parties.

I would call this a really positive step forward
    its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Blog Entries

We think so to Peter, it shows that the club and media team are working hard to improve each department, it will just take time.

Originally Posted by PeterG
    This looks like a very useful meeting, the people working within the clubs media and marketing and the independant web sites and message boards should have effective cross communication, sharing of plans and ideas will increase understanding across the QPR community.

Thanks to Stanley76 for taking the time to represent this forum and well done to Neil from LFW for the extensive report. its a pig of a job making notes and collating the information and its never easy getting agreement on a report from all parties.

I would call this a really positive step forward
    I agree Peter. And I was really impressed with how quickly and smoothly this happened considering the meeting was only 48 hours ago. Excellent cross-board communication / cooperation between the fan-forums and the club. An encouraging start.

Originally Posted by MattyRangers
    My thoughts exactly. Message board wars between grown men....

Hahaha, Matty!! No pun aimed at you. But this was a post to remember..
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

6. Default

Originally Posted by Geng
    Clueless.
    You do seem to be.

Obviously you've never heard of contracting out digital content etc.

It amazes me on here that the first response to a POV people disagree with is to #### them off....

It doesn't matter that we have the smallest team in the EPL because we wont be staying there. We do need a big reality check.

Originally Posted by hal9thou
    It doesn't matter that we have the smallest team in the EPL because we wont be staying there. We do need a big reality check.
    hal9thou, we have 6 in the media team, which is also the average amount employed by Championship clubs. So what's the point you're trying to make?

8. Default

Forgive me but I'm so upset by all this that the following may not make much sense. I loved old QPR, I was bought up on a particular footballing ethos. Anyway:

I just think we need a complete re-appraisal of what matters to us as a football club. I think we've lost our way on and off the park. I think we need a non corporate mindset, one totally focussed on development. This has very little to do with PR activity outside of schools and local input.

In a similar vein I said at the start of the season a new ground was simply fantasy - it's irrelevant to a little club like ours whose only proper success came from re-appraising the way we played football. I know because I witnessed it. It started with Alec all those years ago and flowered under subequent managers. It's been gone a long time and Korean fans, websites, media departments etc etc will not bring it back.

We've bought into a 'lifestyle' which is already bankrupt and outdated - look at Arsenal's problems with the emirates, and their support base is massive compared to ours. Small is the way forward. Swansea sussed it.

Just my view.

Sky Marshal Omar Anoke Guest

It amazes me on here that the first response to a POV people disagree with is to #### them off....
    Rarely post nowadays but here's my take on it:

People have a weird view towards LFW here, perhaps down to your average WATRB member not really having the patience to read a full LFW article. Clive LFW runs a fantastic site. His personal output is astonishing, and for me really adds to the experience of being a QPR fan. We're very lucky to have him, and LFW deserves all the success its getting. He is ever so handsome, too. I bet he is great in bed. I wish I was a woman so I could have his children. Of course I could always just cut off my wiener and the nutsack and carve up a hole in their place but it won't be the real deal and I suspect Clive would notice this, even with the lights off. So my sad lot is to wet-dream about him while I fight arachnids on far-off planets.

10. Default

Originally Posted by Sky Marshal Omar Anoke

People have a weird view towards LFW here, perhaps down to your average WATRB member not really having the patience to read a full LFW article. Clive LFW runs a fantastic site. His personal output is astonishing, and for me really adds to the experience of being a QPR fan. We're very lucky to have him, and LFW deserves all the success its getting. He is ever so handsome, too. I bet he is great in bed. I wish I was a woman so I could have his children. Of course I could always just cut off my wiener and the nutsack and carve up a hole in their place but it won't be the real deal and I suspect Clive would notice this, even with the lights off. So my sad lot is to wet-dream about him while I fight arachnids on far-off planets.

that was Gengnam style

11. Default

none of which has anything whatsoever to do with the matter in hand, despite the entertainment value.... LFW or this place or the official site matter not one jot when there are problems like the ones our club is facing.

I honestly don't think the reality has sunk in. Which is that we have serious problems, and they are problems that TF has no experience whatsoever in dealing with. He sanctioned decisions which have left us in a worse state than we were when we went up. We have more liabilities off the park and less cohesion on it. What we do have is an opportunity to re-locate our identity. It's been gone for a while.

Those that are able to read get put off by any big, scary, complicated words and give up............

Forgive me but I'm so upset by all this that the following may not make much sense. I loved old QPR, I was bought up on a particular footballing ethos. Anyway:

I just think we need a complete re-appraisal of what matters to us as a football club. I think we've lost our way on and off the park. I think we need a non corporate mindset, one totally focussed on development. This has very little to do with PR activity outside of schools and local input.

In a similar vein I said at the start of the season a new ground was simply fantasy - it's irrelevant to a little club like ours whose only proper success came from re-appraising the way we played football. I know because I witnessed it. It started with Alec all those years ago and flowered under subequent managers. It's been gone a long time and Korean fans, websites, media departments etc etc will not bring it back.

We've bought into a 'lifestyle' which is already bankrupt and outdated - look at Arsenal's problems with the emirates, and their support base is massive compared to ours. Small is the way forward. Swansea sussed it.

Just my view.
    I agree ,well put .the club seem split between your views and the new views ,which seem to be plough on regardless ,which if we do keep ploughing on we will be in big trouble . I will now wait for the newbies to tell me about TF masterplan ,projects , and all the other hip corperate words ,but alas nothing about the actual game
    Football played the Charlie Ferris way

14. Default

Just my view.
    good post
    If we have problems where we cant throw money at it or give it a bit of PR spin then we are in trouble.

none of which has anything whatsoever to do with the matter in hand, despite the entertainment value.... LFW or this place or the official site matter not one jot when there are problems like the ones our club is facing.

I honestly don't think the reality has sunk in. Which is that we have serious problems, and they are problems that TF has no experience whatsoever in dealing with. He sanctioned decisions which have left us in a worse state than we were when we went up. We have more liabilities off the park and less cohesion on it. What we do have is an opportunity to re-locate our identity. It's been gone for a while.
    You could say that in the last few days two people have summarised where it's all gone wrong for QPR.

One is Paul Finney here: http://www.indyrs.co.uk/?p=2317

And the other is Gareth Ainsworth here at 21m45s: https://soundcloud.com/playbackmedia...ink-i-love-you