Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fan Sites & QPR Media Dept - Meeting 1

Originally Posted by IsleworthRanger
    From the same origional poster on here last August

"shows what you know, ever read clives write ups? an owner that supports QPR and writes great articles unlike MYU how hasn't a clue about QPR and couldn't even write an article and goes on about sousa was out worst manager ever. "

Definate agenda
    It's an opinion, not an agenda! People have a weird view towards LFW here, perhaps down to your average WATRB member not really having the patience to read a full LFW article.

Clive LFW runs a fantastic site. His personal output is astonishing, and for me really adds to the experience of being a QPR fan. We're very lucky to have him, and LFW deserves all the success its getting.

LWF's readership has grown due to the quality content Clive puts up. This site grew off the back of unprofessional leaks from Paladini. Stating that doesn't mean there is a particular message-board-wars agenda.

Interesting read btw, thanks to those who went and whoever compiled the minutes.

Originally Posted by hal9thou
    Why on earth do we employ a team of six to handle media?

That tells all you need to know about priorities - we're still being run by people with delusions of grandeur.

No amount of media employees or forum enthusiasts make any difference to the reality at the coal face or the financial reality. Both are desperately bleak.
    Clueless. Six press officers for a year = about a fortnight of Jose Bosingwa's wages.

Given our turnover, a media team of six is rather small.

4. Default

Originally Posted by Geng
    It's an opinion, not an agenda! People have a weird view towards LFW here, perhaps down to your average WATRB member not really having the patience to read a full LFW article.

Clive LFW runs a fantastic site. His personal output is astonishing, and for me really adds to the experience of being a QPR fan. We're very lucky to have him, and LFW deserves all the success its getting.

LWF's readership has grown due to the quality content Clive puts up. This site grew off the back of unprofessional leaks from Paladini. Stating that doesn't mean there is a particular message-board-wars agenda.
    Oh christ, here we go.

No one even slated LFW on this thread and yes we all know Clive runs a fantastic site that myself and probably many others on here post on.

What weird view is that then?

For what its worth I read LFW everyday and have absolutely nothing whatsover against the site and yes Clive does write some excellent stuff so still fail to see why some matches are being lit to try and start a bonfire?

6. Default

For what its worth I read LFW everyday and have absolutely nothing whatsover against the site and yes Clive does write some excellent stuff so still fail to see why some matches are being lit to try and start a bonfire?
    Well put mate

7. Default

LFW is a decent site although i do find Clive's content slightly amateurish and the site has a few self important posters such as yourself. The poster who started this earlier in this thread has for whatever reason got a problem with MYU....looks like envy to me.

Guys, a polite request to please keep this thread ON-TOPIC. Didn't take long did it

Thanks

9. Default

This. Can't understand the bad feeling between blogs. I read them all, especially LFW, but prefer the discussions and interactions on here tbh. Certainly agree that our media team is not remotely too big.

10. Default

Sorry. Just read Stanley's admonition.

Blog Entries

Having a small media team like the one we do, just goes to show what a great and hard job they are doing.

The only problem is the new official website and they are well aware of it.

"Over 2 million unique visitors since it was relaunched in August 2013." That is not bad at all!!!

Originally Posted by Stanley76
    Guys, a polite request to please keep this thread ON-TOPIC. Didn't take long did it

Thanks
    Thanks. I kept coming back to this thread hoping to read comments about the meeting an so far the only comments have been about the media.

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by janemelanie
    Thanks. I kept coming back to this thread hoping to read comments about the meeting an so far the only comments have been about the media.
    That's what the meeting was about.

Just to add that all parties found it to be a very worthwhile and constructive meeting. It's worth noting that it was the first one of its kind and it's credit to the club's media dept for recognising and instigating something that was clearly valuable and long-overdue. There was a lot to get through so thanks to Ian and Paul for allowing the meeting to run on an hour over-schedule.

Hopefully these meetings will also have the knock-on benefit of improving relations between the various fan forums.

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by NortholtRanger
    Oh christ, here we go.

No one even slated LFW on this thread and yes we all know Clive runs a fantastic site that myself and probably many others on here post on.
    My thoughts exactly. Message board wars between grown men....

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.