Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fan Sites & QPR Media Dept - Meeting 1

1. Default

Originally Posted by Sky Marshal Omar Anoke
    Rarely post nowadays but here's my take on it:

People have a weird view towards LFW here, perhaps down to your average WATRB member not really having the patience to read a full LFW article. Clive LFW runs a fantastic site. His personal output is astonishing, and for me really adds to the experience of being a QPR fan. We're very lucky to have him, and LFW deserves all the success its getting. He is ever so handsome, too. I bet he is great in bed. I wish I was a woman so I could have his children. Of course I could always just cut off my wiener and the nutsack and carve up a hole in their place but it won't be the real deal and I suspect Clive would notice this, even with the lights off. So my sad lot is to wet-dream about him while I fight arachnids on far-off planets.
    I LoL'd

Originally Posted by Sky Marshal Omar Anoke
    Rarely post nowadays but here's my take on it:

People have a weird view towards LFW here, perhaps down to your average WATRB member not really having the patience to read a full LFW article. Clive LFW runs a fantastic site. His personal output is astonishing, and for me really adds to the experience of being a QPR fan. We're very lucky to have him, and LFW deserves all the success its getting. He is ever so handsome, too. I bet he is great in bed. I wish I was a woman so I could have his children. Of course I could always just cut off my wiener and the nutsack and carve up a hole in their place but it won't be the real deal and I suspect Clive would notice this, even with the lights off. So my sad lot is to wet-dream about him while I fight arachnids on far-off planets.
    Very amusing mate. Sums it up perfectly.

Originally Posted by Stanley76
    You could say that in the last few days two people have summarised where it's all gone wrong for QPR.

One is Paul Finney here: http://www.indyrs.co.uk/?p=2317

And the other is Gareth Ainsworth here at 21m45s: https://soundcloud.com/playbackmedia...ink-i-love-you
    Paul just posted it, Emily Foster wrote it. Sounds like an interesting and informed lady, whoever she is.

Originally Posted by brightonr
    Paul just posted it, Emily Foster wrote it. Sounds like an interesting and informed lady, whoever she is.
    Agree mate, and thanks for the correction.

Default Follow-up on the Fans Sites meeting

The club's media team have now followed up on the meeting from a fortnight ago and have issued the following as a summary of some of the key points picked up on on the night, along with some feedback as to next steps:

WEBSITE
    - Facebook & Twitter issue – it was suggested that the club should do more to reduce the amount of ‘click throughs’ required to view stories on www.qpr.co.uk when accessing via Twitter and Facebook. This has now been improved by separating Facebook & Twitter promo articles so that both link directly to the website article, rather than via each other.

- The ‘Read More’ click through – this issue has been raised with FLi at previous club comms meetings. One improvement has been made already, whereby the website now navigates you back to the point where the story was cut off. However, we have raised a ticket with Sapient (who run the sites), asking about removing this click through altogether and have been informed it is ‘at the top of a priority list.’ We will continue to chase this up.

- Customisation of www.qpr.co.uk – the club is still awaiting feedback from FLi / Sapient regarding what improvements can be made to the site based on feedback received about a wide variety of navigational issues. We expect to hear more by mid-April and will report back any findings.

TWITTER / FACEBOOK / SOCIAL MEDIA
    - As clarified in the meeting, Ian Taylor’s twitter account @IJTaylor81 is now a club account. The comms department listened to feedback from the fans and in recent weeks Adam Hulme (Multi Media Officer) has also set up his own club account - @AdamHulmeQPR

- We can confirm that all tweets will come from the club’s official twitter handle @OfficialQPR before appearing anywhere else.

- Twitter handles for players, staff and senior management were removed from the matchday programme prior to the New Year. The club will continue to run a twitter list on www.qpr.co.uk, to keep supporters informed of any fake accounts. However, we have recently inserted a line on that specific story which confirms that we are not endorsing these accounts, just providing information for supporters who wish to follow QPR-related accounts.

- Re Korean PR – the club has taken on board the comments and ‘go global, but remember local’ will be at the forefront of any campaigns going forward.

USING PLAYERS TO COMMUNICATE CLUB NEWS
    - The club will aim to interview some of its younger players on a more regular basis for both the website and matchday programme.

- Youth team players will be made available for interview by the fans sites as and when available.

RESPONSIVENESS
    - Re player visits, the club has held an internal meeting and a clear strategy is now in place, which will start bearing fruit immediately.

- Andy Rees has officially started his role as Customer Services Assistant. Supporters should now use his personal e-mail address andyr@qpr.co.uk for feedback. This has been updated on www.qpr.co.uk.

- In addition, fans are able to keep abreast of club coverage via the official website (www.qpr.co.uk), our official Twitter feed (@OfficialQPR) and our Official Facebook page.

- The club recognises that the views of our loyal supporters are vitally important and the club are committed to holding regular Fans’ Forums and Fan Reps meetings.

AOB
    - A date for the next Fans Sites Meeting will be set in due course.

- The club will distribute press releases on a regular basis to this group, commencing immediately.