Why can't we sell anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geng View Post
    'give a free transfer' = sacking, and none f these players have done anything to warrant being sacked.

I'm sure we have many players who are free to join another club for no transfer fee, but given they're already living in London and earning more than most other clubs would dream of paying them, I can completely see why players aren't rushing to leave.

We could pay off the contract of some of these players I suppose, but if we're going to have to pay off almost all their deal then we may as well have them around the club on the off chance they come good.

Not entirely true. It could be that if there is no fee involved, clubs could afford to take the player on. Rather than pay £600k for say Ephraim, the club could use that towards his wages.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      Not entirely true. It could be that if there is no fee involved, clubs could afford to take the player on. Rather than pay £600k for say Ephraim, the club could use that towards his wages.
      Well sure, but see my post after that one. I highly doubt we're seeking any transfer fees for our unwanted players - they're just on too much money for other teams to want to take them on.

I don't think people quite appreciate how much transfer fees are dwarfed by salaries these days, particularly for players in their late twenties and over.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
        They're not all on £50k / wk ffs.

Vblock is right about players sitting tight on big wages becasue buying clubs wont pay the same. Not sure why we dont just come to agreements with teams for players we dont want and just subsidise a chunk of the wages, similar to City had to when loaning out Adabayor, Bridge, RSC etc. For some we may still end up paying 50% possibly more of their wage, but if they aren't going to be in the 25 man squad, it's better than paying 100%
        FFS del, you need to go change your tampon. Park, Granero and Bosingwa are all on at least 50k, they all need to go

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
          Exactly, in that case put something in the contract where if a player refuses to play or give us 100%, then they can be sacked, like any other job.

Football clubs also need protection from these over paid football players. These players will be the ones who will cost clubs and therefore may no longer have a jobs in the future. The need protection from themselves!
          But then we'll never sign anyone.

Why would you join QPR who offer zero job protection (how would you define 'refuses to give 100%'?) when players at every other club are almost unsackable. We can't unilaterally start demanding a 'give 100% or you're sacked' clause, it'd have to be industry-wide. And that's hardly about to happen. If anything, we're busy driving things in the other direction - very dubious incentives in the Remy deal for instance.

There's a lesson here about unions and the value of organising labour...

Comment

Originally posted by essex View Post
            FFS del, you need to go change your tampon. Park, Granero and Bosingwa are all on at least 50k, they all need to go
            Calm down mate....

The point is you didn't specify those 3 players in your original post did you, instead writing a generalised comment!

You wrote... "If we keep them until the summer that is at leat 24 weeks, at 50 k a week that is £1.2m we will be paying each to sit on the bench".

Yes obviously some players are on that level, but most wont be, hence my comment that they're not all on £50k/wk. As for Granero, the last thing we should consider doing is moving him on as he is quality.

Comment

Working...
            X