Why can't we sell anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't we sell anyone?

We have so many players on the books who will never get a game, why are they so hard to sell?

Give them a free transfer to get them off our books, better saving wages and clubs thinking they got a good deal for nothing.

Originally posted by MYU View Post
    We have so many players on the books who will never get a game, why are they so hard to sell?

Give them a free transfer to get them off our books, better saving wages and clubs thinking they got a good deal for nothing.
    no one will pay them the wages we are paying them so they wont move until current contract is up. I wouldnt move either tbh. And apart from the wages issue the majority of them are sh1t.

Comment

Vblock is spot on I think, unfortunately.

Comment

If we keep them until the summer that is at leat 24 weeks, at 50 k a week that is £1.2m we will be paying each to sit on the bench

Comment

For the same reason no one wants to buy a Sony Walkman or a beachfront property in Arizona.....

Comment

Originally posted by essex View Post
            If we keep them until the summer that is at leat 24 weeks, at 50 k a week that is £1.2m we will be paying each to sit on the bench
            They're not all on £50k / wk ffs.

Vblock is right about players sitting tight on big wages becasue buying clubs wont pay the same. Not sure why we dont just come to agreements with teams for players we dont want and just subsidise a chunk of the wages, similar to City had to when loaning out Adabayor, Bridge, RSC etc. For some we may still end up paying 50% possibly more of their wage, but if they aren't going to be in the 25 man squad, it's better than paying 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
              Aren't messageboards wonderful?

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

Vblock is right about players sitting tight on big wages becasue buying clubs wont pay the same. Not sure why we dont just come to agreements with teams for players we dont want and just subsidise a chunk of the wages, similar to City had to when loaning out Adabayor, Bridge, RSC etc. For some we may still end up paying 50% possibly more of their wage, but if they aren't going to be in the 25 man squad, it's better than paying 100%
                true, it makes sense and players like Hulse, Ephraim, Bosingwa have no chance of playing again for the 1st team so they may as well be sold, loaned released etc even if QPR have to pay some of the costs involved to move them on.

There are other players that Redknapp would like to shift, but it seems there are no takers.

Some will almost certainly be loaned out in Feb to Football League clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                  no one will pay them the wages we are paying them so they wont move until current contract is up. I wouldnt move either tbh. And apart from the wages issue the majority of them are sh1t.

Sadly the last six words sum up the majority of our fringe players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
                    Vblock is spot on I think, unfortunately.
                    This is the point I'm trying to make, why are we still offering these silly wages?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      This is the point I'm trying to make, why are we still offering these silly wages?
                      I think we are in situation no where we are stuck between a rock and a hard place - we need to offer these wages to entice the players to join us that will give us the best chance of survival. If we don't, there's a very good chance we will be relegated and lose out on huge PL revenue, something we simply cannot afford to do.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

'give a free transfer' = sacking, and none f these players have done anything to warrant being sacked.

I'm sure we have many players who are free to join another club for no transfer fee, but given they're already living in London and earning more than most other clubs would dream of paying them, I can completely see why players aren't rushing to leave.

We could pay off the contract of some of these players I suppose, but if we're going to have to pay off almost all their deal then we may as well have them around the club on the off chance they come good.

Comment

Basically, the fact Bosingwa, Ferdinand, Park etc aren't leaving is nothing to do with us demanding transfer fees for them (they are worth £0) and everything to do with wages.

Comment

£0 isn't a dig at their ability by the way, just a comment on the general transfer values of players at that stage in their careers on a last big contract. The wages are so much more than any transfer fee that the value effectively becomes 0

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                              'give a free transfer' = sacking, and none f these players have done anything to warrant being sacked.

I'm sure we have many players who are free to join another club for no transfer fee, but given they're already living in London and earning more than most other clubs would dream of paying them, I can completely see why players aren't rushing to leave.

We could pay off the contract of some of these players I suppose, but if we're going to have to pay off almost all their deal then we may as well have them around the club on the off chance they come good.
                              Exactly, in that case put something in the contract where if a player refuses to play or give us 100%, then they can be sacked, like any other job.

Football clubs also need protection from these over paid football players. These players will be the ones who will cost clubs and therefore may no longer have a jobs in the future. The need protection from themselves!

Comment

Working...
                              X