QPR v Man City preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR v Man City preview

QPR are the 13th side in Premier League history to have won 15 points or fewer after 23 games of a season. Of those 13, only three have avoided relegation (West Brom in 2004-05, Fulham in 2007-08 and Wigan in 2011/12). They are 1.56 to be relegated... read more

Cheers for that information. I feel great now!

Comment

Originally posted by taarabt7 View Post
      Cheers for that information. I feel great now!

Comment

Well my optimism was short lived.
        "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

QPR v Man City preview

Manchester City have the opportunity to slice Manchester United's lead at the top of the Premier League to two points when they visit QPR on Tuesday evening.

More...

Comment

Manchester City have central defensive concerns ahead of their trip to the capital, with captain Vincent Kompany ruled out with a calf injury.

Matija Nastasic (knee) is also doubtful while Kolo Toure remains on duty at the Africa Cup of Nations along with brother and midfielder Yaya Toure.

Forwards Mario Balotelli and Samir Nasri have recovered from illness but full-backs Maicon and Micah Richards (both knee) are not yet ready to return.

Comment

We need to go for the win tonight. Zamora and Remy up top, Granero in CM with Mbia. Taarabt on the left and for me either Hoilett or SWP on the right. I would play Onouha with Nelsen CB with Fabio and Traore as full backs. Nelsen has more mobility and is a better player imo than Hill, he would also handle Dzeko better if he starts. Onouha to deal with their pace up top.

With no YaYa Mbia will have an easier job but we need Granero and Taarabt to create for Remy and Zamora. Bobby will be a great outlet for holding up the ball when we have to go long.

We can win this!!

Comment

As I see it with the current squad 'playing defensive' tonight means defending on the half way line and 'going for it' tonight means defending on the six yard line.

It is an unfortunate choice but oddly enough playing defensive tonight probably improves the attack because at least they might not be as isolated as they were at WH for example where after 20 minutes they hardly had a kick in the final third.

Mainly defending plus chip and run could provide some threat especially as Remy, and maybe Mackie, have pace and can hopefully cause occasional chaos in the final third.

Need to watch out for aerial threat from city strikers because that is a clear threat if playing the cfc/thfc formation. Neither of them even tried to exploit that option but City can and will probably try.

My main hope to get to h/t goalless and then see what can be done from there. If it is still game on after an hour then who knows...

Comment

I thought Hoilett is still out?

Comment

He might be Myu. If so I would play Fabio RM and get Mackie in at RB. Mackie is solid and decent tackler, Fabio will want to go at City to help Man Utd out and is twice the offensive threat Mackie is

Comment

And Harry has already said BZ is not yet fit enough to start so maybe Betty Boo will be involved Although, to be fair to him, he worked hard on Saturday and was one of the few to walk off with any credit.
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                      X