No announcement yet.

QPR want Crouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you del and he is much slower now. We need someone who will be on the same level as Remy.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
      all this talk of our poor set pieces - AT has been mainly slated for his "lofty ball into the box" or cross with "no power". We've also gone down the line of generally agreeing that we are useless at set plays/corners....

...well if we consider that we don't actually have anyone on the end of these "lofty crosses" or "balls into to box with no power" - maybe with someone who can get on the end of a cross it might turn out we're not that bad? perhaps the service is ok - it's the reception that's caused the problems.

Maybe Crouch could be good for the team? i agree he's no world beater, but he'll be the only one in the entire squad who can win something in the air. BZ has been out most of the season so far and still fighting fitness.
      No offence, but have you seen any games this season.... the main failing of Adels set pieces, is that 98% of the time he never beats the first defender.....!! You could have Crouch or the Giant from Jack and the Beanstalk in the box, but if the ball never gets there it won't make a bit of difference.

Also, as for Crouch being so good in the air, he isn't that good. He rarely jumps for starters and often gives away FK's, sometimes harshly, because he is a bit clumsy. His Technique compared to someone like Sir Les in the air is chalk and cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
        No offence, but have you seen any games this season.... the main failing of Adels set pieces, is that 98% of the time he never beats the first defender.....!! You could have Crouch or the Giant from Jack and the Beanstalk in the box, but if the ball never gets there it won't make a bit of difference.

Also, as for Crouch being so good in the air, he isn't that good. He rarely jumps for starters and often gives away FK's, sometimes harshly, because he is a bit clumsy. His Technique compared to someone like Sir Les in the air is chalk and cheese.
        Get that yes - and his/others' deliveries are no where near good enough.
        However, might just give us a different dimension to add?
        I just think we need to look at options. We can keep 1 tactic and hope for the best. Not just on about tonight but for all the games coming up. We need a range of game plans.

Following saturday it's clear we do not have a squad but a team of regulars who play well for us, and then some others on the pay roll. We need more options up front. can't rely on 1 or 2 (at a push) scorers.

Comment

I actually think we have a number of players who are on the fringe who can step into the first team and perform fine, such as Granero (should be in the first team though), Diakite, Faurlin, Fabio / Traore, Green, Park, Hoilett, Mackie (should be back up for me as impact sub, not starter).

They can all slot into a good side and peroform ok with our best players when the team is playing well, as it has been. The problem was when they were all chucked into a formation on mass, with other players who haven't even been at the club all season (Bothroyd / DJ / Ben Haim) and expected to play as a unit it was never going to happen and although some we know aren't good enough, i think it was a bit harsh on those we know can perform, to be tarred with the same brush.

Comment

QPR tracking Crouch and Samba

Harry Redknapp has confirmed that QPR have expressed an interest in Peter Crouch and Christopher Samba but admits a deal for either player is unlikely.

More...

Comment

I loved Crouch when at QPR but he broke my heart when he left. Anyway he has at this stage of his career become very slow and also not working very hard for the team, so I guess that is why he is not playing much in Stoke. Could be the man to hit when we seek a point in a tough away game though :-)

Comment

"On Samba, again the chairman is dealing with this. At this stage I don't think that's a goer"

The Chairman is dealing with this..... obviously serious interest then for the Chairman to be doing anything. I think we should really push the boat out if need be to secure Samba more than anyone else. He is prem proven, unlike the likes of Rolando, match fit, unlike Rolando, and at 28 is in his prime and young for a CB so would represent long term investment value if you ammortise the fee over the serivce we'd get. If we then had to ell on in say 3 years for whatever reason, he'd still command a good fee.

As for a declining Crouch at 31, and would be a high fee... not for me at all.

Comment

Announced tomorrow. You heard it here....maybe 3rd? 2nd?

Comment

Originally posted by Rieger View Post
                    Announced tomorrow. You heard it here....maybe 3rd? 2nd?
                    Or announced Thursday at the very latest that we have signed him or that the deal will not happen. Phucking exciting being ITK isn't it
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                      Or announced Thursday at the very latest that we have signed him or that the deal will not happen. Phucking exciting being ITK isn't it
                      Ah but I heard this off a mates mate. Well done TF and HR and Beardy. We can all relax.

Comment

Wheels were apperently in motion to get him weeks ago.
                        "Nodge70" said so.
                        Who knows what will happen in the 12th hour?
                        Last edited by Shania; 29-01-2013, 12:55 PM.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Rieger View Post
                          Ah but I heard this off a mates mate. Well done TF and HR and Beardy. We can all relax.
                          Show off
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

could we get crouch on loan

could peter crouch come on loan and get some crucial goals
                            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                              "On Samba, again the chairman is dealing with this. At this stage I don't think that's a goer"

The Chairman is dealing with this..... obviously serious interest then for the Chairman to be doing anything. I think we should really push the boat out if need be to secure Samba more than anyone else. He is prem proven, unlike the likes of Rolando, match fit, unlike Rolando, and at 28 is in his prime and young for a CB so would represent long term investment value if you ammortise the fee over the serivce we'd get. If we then had to ell on in say 3 years for whatever reason, he'd still command a good fee.

As for a declining Crouch at 31, and would be a high fee... not for me at all.

Or rather the opposite then?:pleasantsuprise:
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Good player and would love him here. Proven premiership, European, and international player. As someone said above, we are QPR and we will not attract Ibrahimovic, Falcao, etc as centre forwards. Most good clubs would have 4 good strikers in their squads, Remy, Crouch, Odemwinge, and Zamora would be brilliant for a club our size and in our position in the league. Also all this talk Crouch aint good enough for Stoke is wrong imo. For a big man Crouch has always been good on the ball and even at 6 foot what ever he is, he has never been good in the air, for me Stokes tactics don't suit him.
                                @chrisrobson9

Comment

Working...
                                X