• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR want Crouch

We all knew this rumour was coming !

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...nt-Crouch.html

QPR want Crouch

HARRY REDKNAPP is trying to get Peter Crouch to play for him for a FIFTH time.

QPR manager Redknapp wants Stoke striker Crouch, 31, to join his crusade against relegation at Loftus Road.

Redknapp first linked up with Crouch at Portsmouth in 2002, then took him to Southampton for £2million in 2004 before taking him back to Pompey for £9m four years later.

The pair then joined forces at Tottenham, where 6ft 7in Crouch started his playing career.

link: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz2JLfvZ4T3

Comment

Crouch is an R!

He said: ''My dad was a massive Chelsea fan and I used to go with him to Stamford Bridge quite regularly but my mates were all QPR fans and so I used to also go to some games at Loftus Road with them. I never really classed myself as a fan of either but since playing for QPR I'd say my allegiance is more towards them. They are the team whose results I look out for. I don't care for Chelsea anymore; there is no allegiance there whatsoever. In fact, seeing as they are our rivals now, I hope they lose every game! ''

Comment

I didnt think crouch was playing much these days?

Comment

I hope this isn't true. He's awful and attracts long ball mentality in others!

Even Stoke don't play him anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

Normally agree with your posts Del but think you are being harsh there. We have shown we can't play it through the middle. For a side wanting to avoid relegation a spine of samba an crouchy isn't bad. at the moment we dont have a spine.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              Normally agree with your posts Del but think you are being harsh there. We have shown we can't play it through the middle. For a side wanting to avoid relegation a spine of samba an crouchy isn't bad. at the moment we dont have a spine.
              Maybe i am, and he could work well with Remy picking up the bits and pieces that come off him i guess, but i just feel he attracts a one way style of play which won't be good, and i also thin khe is far from the player he was....

Comment

Maybe i am, and he could work well with Remy picking up the bits and pieces that come off him i guess, but i just feel he attracts a one way style of play which won't be good, and i also thin khe is far from the player he was....
                Sadly i agree!

Comment

This would be brilliant, he is a classy player with a great ethic.

Comment

Would be a brilliant signing IMO- can see this one being an 11th hour job with Jim White loosing the plot over it.

Comment

I reckon this is true

Comment

Thing is if it turns out to be winning football i'll take that long ball or not

Comment

Crouch is no world beater, but look at what we have had to put up with up front recently....is he any worse? We are not going to be signing Falcao anytime soon.

Del, would you rather still see Mackie up front? I would take Crouch and Remy over Mackie and anyone.
                          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                            Crouch is no world beater, but look at what we have had to put up with up front recently....is he any worse? We are not going to be signing Falcao anytime soon.

Del, would you rather still see Mackie up front? I would take Crouch and Remy over Mackie and anyone.
                            Haha..... Obviously i don't want Mackie up front, and to be honest i'd be an improvement, however, my concerns with Crouch are that so many QPR fans love him becasue he did well for us and is supposedly a fan, and think he walks on water and would be brilliant no matter what.

For me, he's seriously on the decline as a player, still decent of course, but he is the kind of player that only thrives if you get decent balls into the box... something we've not provided all season, and not likely to either as our wide areas aren't changing unless Mackie goes out and Odemwingie comes in to play wide....

Also Stoke paid about £10m for him 2 years ago and will try to claw back an inflated fee for him to cover as much of their outlay as possible, and if the fee's high, i don't see him being value for money.

Comment

all this talk of our poor set pieces - AT has been mainly slated for his "lofty ball into the box" or cross with "no power". We've also gone down the line of generally agreeing that we are useless at set plays/corners....

...well if we consider that we don't actually have anyone on the end of these "lofty crosses" or "balls into to box with no power" - maybe with someone who can get on the end of a cross it might turn out we're not that bad? perhaps the service is ok - it's the reception that's caused the problems.

Maybe Crouch could be good for the team? i agree he's no world beater, but he'll be the only one in the entire squad who can win something in the air. BZ has been out most of the season so far and still fighting fitness.

Comment

Working...
                              X