Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QPR players in bust-up as Redknapp claims rival agents are at war with each other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR players in bust-up as Redknapp claims rival agents are at war with each other

Warring Queens Park Rangers players had to be kept apart in an astonishing dressing-room bust-up after their crushing FA Cup defeat by MK Dons at the weekend.

On a day when manager Harry Redknapp claimed the January transfer window had descended into ‘gang warfare’ between rival agents, it emerged a massive division has developed in his QPR dressing room.

Earlier this month Redknapp admitted there was resentment between the old guard and high-earning signings and Sportsmail understands there were two camps after Saturday’s 4-2 defeat.

One witness described the scene as ‘unbelievable’, with players trading insults and threatening to come to blows during a fiery inquest minutes after they were dumped out of the Cup.

QPR sources claimed the incident lasted ‘between 90 seconds and two minutes’ as they argued over the team’s shocking performance.

Redknapp responded to the defeat by labelling the players ‘a disgrace’ after they were beaten by League One opposition, even threatening to kick them out of the club.

As Redknapp prepared for this evening’s Barclays Premier League game with Manchester City, he was trying to bring in more players to give his squad a much-needed lift. Former Blackburn defender Chris Samba, now at Anzhi Makhachkala, is thought to be a top target.

Sources claim the row on Saturday erupted the moment the players returned to the dressing room, with players responding angrily to having their application and desire questioned.
    That led to a furious exchange between two players in particular but others took sides. Although some players feared it could get physical, others kept them apart.

Redknapp had already left the dressing room and on Monday his focus was on the madness of the January transfer window.

He claimed agents are working furiously to ‘screw each other’ in every deal, likening the middlemen to the ice-cream sellers in 1980s Glasgow who fought with guns.

Redknapp has signed striker Loic Remy from Marseille for £8million and is pursuing West Bromwich Albion forward Peter Odemwingie and Porto defender Rolando as well as Samba. He will today travel to Wembley for a work-permit hearing into South Korean left back Yun Suk-young.

Redknapp said: ‘I’ve never seen anything like it. Every agent seems to be trying to screw each other. It’s like gang warfare out there.

‘If you’ve got a deal for a player, another agent will try to scupper that. It’s unbelievable. They’re fighting for big money, that’s the problem.

‘If someone can see themselves muscling in on a deal... it’s a bit like the ice-cream sellers in Glasgow. Someone has nicked their pitch. Someone’s going to shoot them or something!

‘I have left it to the chairman, it was doing my head in. It’s crazy.’

link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...EXCLUSIVE.html

THE DAILY FAIL!!!!!!

as soon as they mentioned Samba i knew that article was bowlocks
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I expect this is something which frequently happens, but does not always get reported. The players badly and lost badly, automatically they are going to blame each other. Don't find anything really significant in this article

Comment

It would make me feel better a little if this did indeed happen! hill/derry would have been disgusted by the effort out there saturday! both said as much publicly this season.

Comment

There was a bust up after the game Saturday.

Probably best to not mention the two players but one was playing & the other wasn't.

Not exactly a bust up & had to be kept apart but strong words were exchanged regarding certain player / players performance that day.

Comment

Not surprising at all

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post

Probably best to not mention the two players but one was playing & the other wasn't.

Not exactly a bust up & had to be kept apart but strong words were exchanged regarding certain player / players performance that day.
              No names.
              How about positions?
              I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

as said above - this is probably frequent in all clubs.
                To be honest, I'm glad there was. Sounds like some people in the shirt ACTUALLY care if we lose.

I was just about to lose faith...

Comment

Lasted 90 seconds to 2 minutes!! Hardly a 'Division in the dressing room'

Comment

On the positive, brilliant, brilliant news about Samba - far more important than some poxy FA Cup tie in the overall scheme of things.

Ric me ol mucker - PM plse mate...

Comment

The row happened as the players returned to the dressing room but Harry had already left???really???
                      As we had just lost I'm sure he would have been in there to tell them his feelings.
                      Pants I reckon
                      Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

Fans do have a touching desire to dismiss anything negative about the club as untrue. Remember similar reaction to the story about guns in the boardroom and countless others. Well, I guess everything is going to smoothly on the pitch its inconceivable that it wouldn't be going equally smoothly off it...

Comment

Nothing new, there is always arguments and heated exchanges in dressing rooms when you lose, especially games you shouldn't be losing. I've seen a manager and player actually swing it out in the dressing room, but afterwards just forgot about it and that player was MOTM in the next game. But because it's QPR it's a story at the moment.
                          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                            Fans do have a touching desire to dismiss anything negative about the club as untrue. Remember similar reaction to the story about guns in the boardroom and countless others. Well, I guess everything is going to smoothly on the pitch its inconceivable that it wouldn't be going equally smoothly off it...
                            Not saying it didn't happen just my opinion and I hope it didn't happen as it won't bode well for future.not that we can get much lower in the league
                            Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post

I'm glad to hear this. It shows some players have spirit and care. I'd like to know the names of the players, Ric Roc. I'm sure I'm not the only one not presently in the know.
                              Last edited by Rangers77; 29-01-2013, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X