'Arry to blame for Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    Can't believe that some think the 11 players on the pitch were not good enough to beat a decent League 1 sude at home.
    Green, a 1st choice England goalkeeper in 2010 WC
    Fabio, loan from Man Utd
    Traore, ex Arsenal Portsmouth and a full Senegal international
    Ben Haim and Ferdinand, plenty of Premiership experience.
    Park, ex PSV and Man U and full South Korean international.
    Granero, highly rated ex Real Madrid
    Faurlin some of the best (midfielders) stats in Prem League last season before his injury.
    Mackie, full Scotland international with a decent record at Championship level if not Prem.
    Bothroyd and Campbell regular scorers at Championship level.

All should have been far superior to a League 1 outfit. And in fairness to them, they were in the 1st half apart from a dodgy linesman flagging Campell's 'opener' offside, an own goal from Traore and an error from a napping Ferdinand just before half time. That and some poor finishing gave MK Dons an undeserved 2-0 lead.
    The 3rd goal should have been ruled offside, but wasn't and after that it was as good as game over.

Sorry, cant accept that Redknapp was to blame for the defeat. The players were more than capable of winning and should have done so.
    Surely a lot of very good players (although most of us want to get rid of them.
    You can put the worlds best 11 players on a pitch together - most likely they would not be a good TEAM
    Not having above players not playing as a TEAM was Harrys fault IMO

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
      Depends......... is your dog good in the air?
      Have two. The female loves her football but is getting on a bit. Has a long nose she could hook around the ball mid flight so might work. The male is mostly blind so would be a ready made replacement for Ferdinand.

Comment

One of the problems could be that he announced in advance (on Friday) that he was not going to use his normal first team players. This must have given hope to MK Dons that they would win this one.

Comment

don't have an issue with the 11 he picked,
          have a BIG ISSUE WITH THEIR SPINELESS LACK OF EFFORT

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
            Have two. The female loves her football but is getting on a bit. Has a long nose she could hook around the ball mid flight so might work. The male is mostly blind so would be a ready made replacement for Ferdinand.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Busheyboy View Post
                anyone on this forum who thinks that performance and conceding 4 goals at HOME to a team 2 leagues below us is acceptable, needs to go away and look at themself.
                I travel a long way, at great expense and expect to see more effort, passon, heart and desire.
                I have no problem losing, if our players put in a proper shift.
                If we all put in so little effort in our work, we all be job less
                FACT
                that 11 are all supposed to be PL players
                REALLY SHAMEFUL
                Totally agree,there is no excuse,we put the effort in to get to the ground from all over the country and the added cost of tkts,petrol/travel etc and these muppets can't even be bothered to give it a go and I do not take the view of some others on here about not playing players in case they get a knock. A player can get injured at any time in any game so shall we drop 5 players for tomorrow's game in case they get a knock and they miss Saturday,absolute rubbish,fit players should play at every opportunity.

Comment

if that was a one off performance you could accept it, unfortunately too many in that side are incapable of putting in a half decent performance, you can't blame Harry for inheriting these donkeys
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                    if that was a one off performance you could accept it, unfortunately too many in that side are incapable of putting in a half decent performance, you can't blame Harry for inheriting these donkeys
                    I agree no you can't blame him for what he inherited but what you can blame him for is giving these so called professionals numerous chances when he keeps saying that he knows he lacks depth in the squad

Comment

Whilst no one can argue that most of the players were culpable, I do think Redknapp must take some of the blame. Why? Because he set the tone for that performance by picking a weakened side and being absent abroad last week, rather than preparing the team. Now, I'm not suggesting that this wasn't the right answer, but 'Arry's actions told the squad that he wasn't really bothered with the Cup, so what would that do to the motivation of the team he picked?
                      It's a similar story with Rodgers at Liverpool; why come out and slam his youngsters when his selection sent exactly the same message as Redknapp's.

There is of course the secondary point that Prem squads are stuffed full of overpaid, over-rated chancers, who can't cope with 11 no nonsense grafters treating the match as their Cup Final...

Comment

I for 1 am more than happy we are out & more than happy everyone knows who's days are numbered. The cup doesn't matter, QPR staying up does more than anything else. U'Rssss

Comment

arry should have done his homework , mk dons are a good side they were the better team against us last season . i can understand him resting hill and nelson but the likes of mbia tarbs should have played , i have great memories of the 82 final i would like my kids to have memories of a cup final to. we should have won then barnsley at home then who knows drawn the winner out of luton/millwall .i dont agree with playing weaken teams or we would rest players v man city to play against norwich on paper a easier game. play to win every game and play your best team worry about injuries if and when they come . im sick of watching man u , chelsea at wembley every year it would be nice to see us there

Comment

Making nine changes to the team that won a hard-fought draw against West Ham, was a bad decision.
                            Fear of players picking up injuries, always a hazard of the job of being a footballer, will ensure a wasteland barren of cup finals, cup wins, and season after season, after season, after season, of supporting a club content just to survive in the premier league.
                            For me, that's a depressing thought.

Comment

Working...
                            X