Ian Holloway / Jamie Mackie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
    We need grafters who have the same attitude than Mackie, but just more quality.
    Spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
      Heard that someone in Chelscum forum wrote the same line about Boswinga last summer.
      Did you? Or are you just making that up?
      There's not many Cheskum that can write you know.

I see reference made to Gavin Mahon... another good example.
      However, I take that name and raise it.... Is there many of you out there who can recall Richard Johnson and how important he was to the recent history of our club? Those who can - do you recall him having outstanding games week after week after week, being blessed with skill and creativity?
      I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post

However, I take that name and raise it.... Is there many of you out there who can recall Richard Johnson and how important he was to the recent history of our club? Those who can - do you recall him having outstanding games week after week after week, being blessed with skill and creativity?
        Doubt we would have got promoted without him. Great shout and yes, a very good example.
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Richard Johnson!!! Unbelievable shout. What a player he was for the second half of that season! Wonder what ever happened to him??

Comment

You got me, I should have said Park/ManU.
            Richard Johnson could not make it when we got promoted. Same destiny with Mackie?

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
              Same as Hill and Derry. They cant balance a ball on their nose like a seal, they can only play football and this weekend has shown again how players with good attitudes and 100% determination can overcome so called better players.
              Exactly, who cares if players can't balance a ball on their nose, I'd rather a player who can play football and give us 100% on the pitch. I can always go to the circus to see tricks, we need 3 points.

Comment

Of all the possible players to be negative about.

And someone chooses Jamie Mackie ?

In my view, he offers more than most, hence he is more often than not picked to start.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  Of all the possible players to be negative about.

And someone chooses Jamie Mackie ?

In my view, he offers more than most, hence he is more often than not picked to start.
                  He doesn't offer more than most, he runs more than most.... he actually offers very little.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                    He doesn't offer more than most, he runs more than most.... he actually offers very little.
                    Not a view shared by the last 3 managers though Del. Scored some very important goals, causes defenders problems with his desire and very, very low down on the list of players who deserve criticism.

Comment

Love him or not - he is not worth 3 million so if that number is remotely close to the truth we should take it all day long.
                      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                        Love him or not - he is not worth 3 million so if that number is remotely close to the truth we should take it all day long.
                        and spend £7million on an overaged primma donna who might have a decent game now and again as he sees out his 4yr contract
                        Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                          The guy has been lucky to last this long in the Premiership. He is a bang average Championship player. Trying your best will only get you so far in life. We are now in the top flight and Harry has recognised we need quality if we're going to start winning games. A pre-requisite for a professional footballer should be:

1. A good first touch
                          2. Awareness
                          3. Composure
                          4. Ability to pass to a team mate
                          5. Not to throw your hands up in the air when you do something wrong...............again
                          6. Just generally contribute to match rather than going missing

If we can get more than 200k for him I will happily drive him to the club that wishes his services.
                          i feel sorry for mackie because we recognise hes not the most gifted player we have and no one questions his workrate,but he really wont be a wide man as long as hes got a hole in his harris....mackie is a front man who has never had a run through the middle for one reason or another and whilst i recognise 3 mill is good money lets get rid of dj,betty,hulse,hogan etc etc before contemplating selling mackie...

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Not a view shared by the last 3 managers though Del. Scored some very important goals, causes defenders problems with his desire and very, very low down on the list of players who deserve criticism.
                            All about opinions. For me the biggest problem he causes defenders this season is a bit of bruising when he runs into them.

He may harrass them and chase them granted, but what does he do when through on goal... normally miss sitters. Some examples, Swansea at home 6 yards out when 1-0 down and dominating the match... pitifully weak effort to the keeper. Arsenal away, bundled past defenders near the end, then when on the edge of 6 yard box lame effort striaght as Sciezny, Fulham at home ran on to Riise's shocking backpass 1 on 1 just had to slot it past the keeper or go round him and he missed the target.......

There are countless examples that far outweigh the odd goal he does score (1 in 9 average this season). I could accept that if he created chances for others, but he doesn't create anything.

Running around lots and wasting energy chasing pointless back passes which you're never going to get is not going to help us win matches. We need some end product.

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                              and spend £7million on an overaged primma donna who might have a decent game now and again as he sees out his 4yr contract
                              Or we could spend the money wisely. Hardly an argument for not taking £3m for JM, even though I would be amazed if that was actually offered.
                              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                                Or we could spend the money wisely. Hardly an argument for not taking £3m for JM, even though I would be amazed if that was actually offered.
                                Agree 100%, who would you sign then ?

Comment

Working...
                                X