No announcement yet.

£3.25m for Ottemwinge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are just pushing this out as long as possible to get as much as they can imo. They won't want him any more then he wants them now, so it makes no sense to keep him when they can get good money now, as opposed to less in the summer.

Watch this space i would say.

Comment

I personally wouldn't go back in for him now, tell them thats it take it or leave it, they're just taking the p*ss now, let em keep him.
      The fans don't want him so it's just counter productive for them to keep him......http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=550

Comment

Call their bluff until deadline day then, see if they get desperate to ship him out and go in with a take it or leave it lowball offer.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          I personally wouldn't go back in for him now, tell them thats it take it or leave it, they're just taking the p*ss now, let em keep him.
          The fans don't want him so it's just counter productive for them to keep him......http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=550

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            It don't mean nothing... we have quite a few players that fans and the club don't want.

Comment

Tell ya what I reckon he would fit right in with Mbia here, both seem as mad as a box of frogs judging by his Tweets the other night.

But ref the transfer, I agree with Dave above; fark em - take it or leave it and if they play stubborn then leave em with a bloke that don't wanna be there.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

this guys greedy attitude stinks, doing everything he can to break a contract agreement with WBA that made him a very rich man, another mercenary? no thanks

Comment

It's all well and good saying take it or leave it, but what if a Norwich or Reading come in and gazzump our bid by £250k.... They would get a proven prem scorer for a very good price and we would be stuck with few options and it could hvae a directly detrimental impact on our seasons outcome ocmpared to theirs.

We know Norwuch are definitely after a striekr having had bids for Hooper and Graham rejected, so i wouldn't be surprised if they went in for Odemwingie given the very public falling out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                    Really cant work this out. Why keep a player who has no desire to stay. He hasn't been unfair in his comments either. Just been honest about his situation.
                    To be honest, I'd love to see more clubs doing this. He signed a contract for x years so why shouldn't a club hold him to it. They're probably only holding on for more money anyway though....

Comment

Made me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                        he'd better be good for that price.
                        That's what I say.

Is this guy really that good or will he disappoint?
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                          this guys greedy attitude stinks, doing everything he can to break a contract agreement with WBA that made him a very rich man, another mercenary? no thanks
                          How is it greedy , if you read his statement it says I have asked to move several times but the don't allow it even worse in the summer I had offers but they told me I had NONE . So lack of respect ect to him yes .

Comment

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
                            How is it greedy , if you read his statement it says I have asked to move several times but the don't allow it even worse in the summer I had offers but they told me I had NONE . So lack of respect ect to him yes .
                            He is under contract and paid very well for his services. He was happy to sign the deal when it was offered to him. What right does he have to now say I wanna break it and move somewhere else cause they offered me more money? If he had been injured or badly off form for the last year, would WBA be on twitter moaning about how he should leave the club and free up some funds?

Comment

Originally posted by scuberry View Post
                              This stinks of Chris Samba all over again,can never see them letting him go to us at this moment !!
                              So what does Chris Samba smell of then?

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                                So what does Chris Samba smell of then?
                                Right now? Money galore based on what he's reported to have been paid by going to Russia.
                                #standuptocancer
                                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                                X