X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £3.25m for Ottemwinge

Improved bid

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/626120744?-294:802

btw bit worried about some of the lad's guiness-fueled rants. I mean, delighted he wants to come to us but starting to sound a bit un-hinged, or am I being unfair?

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    Improved bid

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/626120744?-294:802

btw bit worried about some of the lad's guiness-fueled rants. I mean, delighted he wants to come to us but starting to sound a bit un-hinged, or am I being unfair?
    I think that's a bit unfair tbh. I think he's just making all these moves now to force them to sell, relunctantly or not.

Comment

This stinks of Chris Samba all over again,can never see them letting him go to us at this moment !!

Comment

He seems VERY keen to come to QPR - he's either a masochist or another chasing the QPR dollar!
        Still would be a very good addition IF we can get him.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
          I think that's a bit unfair tbh. I think he's just making all these moves now to force them to sell, relunctantly or not.
          hope you are right mate. but his tweet this evening about how wba "stole" his loyalty and how he needs to crack open another pint of guinness just sends slight alarm bells ringing. i remember about a year or so ago the wba manager of the time complaining that ottemwinge lobbied and lobbied for a new contract, got one then eased off the gas. don't get me wrong i really rate him and wd be chuffed if we signed him, just think he has made his point now and has been fined 70,000 quid - probably best now to let the two clubs do the talking...

Comment

Yep, just think he's desperate to leave West Brom and get his career back on track! He also mentioned that his wife and newborn baby are still at the hospital so I can imagine him feeling a bit alone and stir crazy.

Either that or he just loves Guiness and wants an improved contract to buy them out.

Comment

Pukka

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                He seems VERY keen to come to QPR - he's either a masochist or another chasing the QPR dollar!
                Still would be a very good addition IF we can get him.

I suppose the uplift of all these twitter rants is that its very hard to see a way back for him at west brom now. surely they will have to conclude he will be a disruptive influence.

Comment

he'd better be good for that price.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

One good thing from this now though, we know he's currently on £35k / wk so woint need to offer silly money. IF he engineers the move by forcing West Broms hand, we can offer him £40-45k / wk, singing on fee, survival bonus and say take it or leave it.

Comment

The whole Guiness thing could've been advice from Harry after a covert chat.... "yeah keep up the tweets Peter, and drop a few hints to suggest you've hit the booze and they won't want you back".

Comment

The whole Guiness thing could've been advice from Harry after a covert chat.... "yeah keep up the tweets Peter, and drop a few hints to suggest you've hit the booze and they won't want you back".
                        Could be like the good old days, he could go on the lash before kick off and smoke a cigar on the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham Norton View Post
                          Could be like the good old days, he could go on the lash before kick off and smoke a cigar on the pitch.
                          Still do better than half our team....

Comment

One good thing from this now though, we know he's currently on £35k / wk so woint need to offer silly money. IF he engineers the move by forcing West Broms hand, we can offer him £40-45k / wk, singing on fee, survival bonus and say take it or leave it.
                            according to that telegraph article it says on terms slightly improved from his west brom contract but with a massive staying up bonus. exactly the way to structure it imo.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                              according to that telegraph article it says on terms slightly improved from his west brom contract but with a massive staying up bonus. exactly the way to structure it imo.
                              Definitely.

Comment

Working...
                              X