A rotating 4312 that can change to 352 and 433
    -------------Cesar-------------
    Onuoha----Hill----Nelsen---Fabio
    -------------Derry-------------
    --------Mbia------Granero-----
    -------------------------------
    -------------Taarabt-----------
    --------Remy--------Bothrooyd

With remy and taarabt moving wider when we need them to and mbia going rwb and onuoha going cb to switch to 352 for counters
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

You can only park the bus in front of the goal and get lucky so much. As we have seen with MCFC it is best to attack them.

Comment

we got lucky with West Ham and second half we were sh1t and lucky. Cant count on that luck against City so we had better attack imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfy View Post
          You can only park the bus in front of the goal and get lucky so much. As we have seen with MCFC it is best to attack them.
          We attacked vs Liverpool and parked the bus vs Chelsea, Spurs and West Ham. If we attacked City tomorrow we'll just get torn apart - Aguero will make Hill relive his Suarez nightmare. We need to sit deep and narrow and hope to hit them on the counter

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
            We attacked vs Liverpool and parked the bus vs Chelsea, Spurs and West Ham. If we attacked City tomorrow we'll just get torn apart - Aguero will make Hill relive his Suarez nightmare. We need to sit deep and narrow and hope to hit them on the counter
            but it cant be the same as the West Ham game as we had no outlet

Comment

Originally posted by mkoss22 View Post
              You just know we are going to park the bus for the man city and man u games. After watching the games today it just shows that with heart and some lucky bounces anything can happen. i am one of the few that think we will still get out of this mess. i am really looking forward to this week and seeing who we bring in. outside of the two manchester games, and possibly Swansea away i think we can go on a huge run.
              Dont think H.R. be will do anything different from Chelscum Spurs or WHU try and stay in the game as lons as possible and try and hit them on the break with Adel and Remy if he's fit also heard SWP has a broken bone in his foot so that will change

Comment

You can play offensively without getting ripped apart like we did against Liverpool. But to do it you need to get tight to the opposition when they have the ball rather than stand off and let them hurt you. Too many people failed to their jobs against Liverpool. You can get tight without defending too deep - just go with a far higher line but nervous teams (and we are that all day long) just drop deep out of habit, no matter how much the manager tells them not to. Having Remy will help as City will be wary of his pace and they should be without Kompany. I think it's all about how well we hold and use the ball - get this right, match them (actually no, out do them) for work rate and take any chances that come along and we can get something from this.
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I'm slightly nervous....
                  a lot of you seem content with this park/bus idea but I'll tell you this....

If Park is anywhere NEAR the team bus I'm going to be furious

Comment

we have to play wth a similar formation to the Spurs, Chelsea and West Ham games, where we were better defensively.
                    Hopefully, with Remy, we'll offer more threat going forward. City didn't enjoy it last year at ours and without Kompany and Yaya Toure, they are not that strong in the middle.
                    Obviously, Aguerro, Tevez and Silva are a BIG worry, the rest aren't IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                      You can play offensively without getting ripped apart like we did against Liverpool. But to do it you need to get tight to the opposition when they have the ball rather than stand off and let them hurt you. Too many people failed to their jobs against Liverpool. You can get tight without defending too deep - just go with a far higher line but nervous teams (and we are that all day long) just drop deep out of habit, no matter how much the manager tells them not to. Having Remy will help as City will be wary of his pace and they should be without Kompany. I think it's all about how well we hold and use the ball - get this right, match them (actually no, out do them) for work rate and take any chances that come along and we can get something from this.
                      There's no way we want to play a high line vs Man City. Silva just could just thread the ball in behind for Tevez and, especially, Aguero. Don't fancy seeing Aguero vs Hill racing after a throughball.

Also Derry is completely unsuited to a pressing game higher up the pitch. He looks totally out of his depth when asked to do anything in the Prem other than sit just in front of the CBs

Comment

Here's what I'd play. Could swap the front line round so Adel is central striker, if we wanted the ball to stick up front a bit more.

Taarabt - Remy - SWP
                        -----Granero - Mbia
                        ----------Derry

Comment

would go for same approach/formation as cfc/spurs games. then where to put remy? probably up top with adel on the flank. not ideal but would work and when attacking and in possession they would interchange well i expect. zamora on as sub for 15 minutes too. keeping it tight initially makes sense as an early goal for city would make it even more difficult than it already looks.

Comment

1-1 9,the way forward
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Be amazed if he plays Bothroyd. Will be Remy alone up front imo. if we parked the bus against spurs we will be trying to park an oil tanker against city.

Comment

isn't Aguero injured?

Comment

Working...
                                X