the league is the priority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the league is the priority

but a cup is a "dream"...bradford show an unfancied team can do it..as did tranmere a while back...
    yesterday was not acceptable...the embarrassment of losing to vauxhall motors, finally saw us go up
    we must take the hurt and shame from losing to the fake dons and battle to stay up.
    a different team will take the field on tuesday and i hope the team goes onto that field to scrap for every tackle, ball and play with passion.
    yesterday qpr had no tempo, we had little hurt and when we play slow we come unstuck, when we get at teams we rattle em.
    man city are plodding along getting wins but not the open, flowing play for most of last season.
    the fans of champions won't pay to see the team, and to think they waited centuries for the title and now won't cough up to see their dream team???
    tuesday is "Over to us", what we do.
    no more passengers!

I agree the league's the priority but , and this shows how s h i t we have been in the cup but after we beat WBA and then knew we had little old MK Dons at home i started thinking the unthinkable. All we needed was a handy draw next round and before we know it we would of been in the last 8.

Comment

A good cup run can compliment a good run of results in the league, such as we have had lately.
      That all the hard work put into beating West Brom at the Hawthornes, was completely thrown away at Loftus Rd against league 1 opposition, is hugely embarrasiing, as well as being hugely disappointing.
      We would have avoided disgrace, had HR played the strongest side available to him.
      Would more than likely be in the hat for the 5th round draw, and our regular first team would have had another match unbeaten to further strengthen confidence going into Tuesday's game against City.

Comment

We have won one major trophy in our history, we have a home draw against a team from two leagues below in the last 32 and we put out a weakened team , as someone who was there in 1982 and the shambles that was Oxford '86 , every year you hope that you might have a chance of getting back to Wembley and to win something , yesterday hurt , especially after making the trip up to West Brom for the replay .
        People might bang on about the staying in the premier league is the priority , but given how badly the club is run , each transfer window is a sticky plaster over the the mess from the previous transfer window . When Tony Ferdnandes bought the club , I hoped that he would bring in a good football administrator to run the football side of things , someone like John Williams at Blackburn or Steve Stride formerly at Aston Villa , I am still hoping that the board might see the light and realise they lack knowledge .

Comment

Working...
        X