Lets listen to Harry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets listen to Harry.

‘I have big-name players who believe they’re better than they are, who bang on my door insisting that I should play them,’ said 65-year-old Redknapp. ‘Well, they had their chance and they blew it. I made nine changes from the team who drew at West Ham last week. This was a team that had gone five games unbeaten, that had won at Chelsea and drawn against Spurs and West Ham, but even though I made lots of changes I believed, absolutely, it was good enough to beat the MK Dons. I wanted to win, don’t get me wrong. Look at the players I picked. We’re talking about signings from Manchester United and Real Madrid in Park, Fabio and Granero. We’re talking about experienced pros like Ferdinand, an England goalkeeper in Green. Surely they should have been too good for a team two divisions below them. I thought we weren’t too bad up to half time, but conceded two dreadfully sloppy goals. When we conceded the third, which was offside, our confidence went completely. You can’t give away two such sloppy goals as we did. We created a mountain to climb that only got higher. What it shows is that the result and the performance answer a lot of questions. Not to me. I already knew the answers, but to those who wanted to see certain players picked. They gave the answers. I’m going to need to shift some players out of this club this week and get a few in. If I can do that we’ll stay in the Premier League......."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2J8NUHPO9

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Not to me. I already knew the answers, but to those who wanted to see certain players picked. They gave the answers. I’m going to need to shift some players out of this club this week and get a few in. If I can do that we’ll stay in the Premier League......."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2J8NUHPO9
    wonder who he meant? agents? Fernandes and his backers?

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
      wonder who he meant? agents? Fernandes and his backers?
      If he did mean Tony we are going down as this can't end well. I'm thinking as he used a plural he's probably talking about agents and players though.

Comment

Perhaps Faurlin fans posting on here? Harry was as angry as the die hardest fan today. We won't see any of those eleven players appear for us again bar Fabio, perhaps Bothroyd, and, sadly, probably Mackie.......

Comment

Originally posted by Will M View Post
          If he did mean Tony we are going down as this can't end well. I'm thinking as he used a plural he's probably talking about agents and players though.
          I'm praying he didn't mean TF and was referring to TF wanting Park to play. If that's so we are in serious sh1t...... Still TF has eyes. And he must trust Harry.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            I'm praying he didn't mean TF and was referring to TF wanting Park to play. If that's so we are in serious sh1t...... Still TF has eyes. And he must trust Harry.....
            Two bad performances after he criticised the club for moving too slow in the market. I'm getting very worried Tony and Harry are not on the same page..

Comment

Very worrying, Will

Comment

Hard to sleep after a heavy defeat at the best of times. But today is something else entirely. Glad I'm not the only one who is literally losing sleep haha.

Comment

Having spoken to Spurs and Pompey fans today, it seems Harry is well known for deflecting all blame away from his tactics, and the fact that he picked the players that didn't perform when one of his teams loses.

Let's see where we are after Tuesday's match and the window closing on Thursday.

Redknapp has spent £8m on our record signing so far, he's not exactly being hamstrung. If the board have decided that a couple of the deals he wanted where a little too much, isn't that kind of restraint what we have lacked in accumulating the squad we have now, and that we're now moaning about?

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                    Having spoken to Spurs and Pompey fans today, it seems Harry is well known for deflecting all blame away from his tactics, and the fact that he picked the players that didn't perform when one of his teams loses.

Let's see where we are after Tuesday's match and the window closing on Thursday.

Redknapp has spent £8m on our record signing so far, he's not exactly being hamstrung. If the board have decided that a couple of the deals he wanted where a little too much, isn't that kind of restraint what we have lacked in accumulating the squad we have now, and that we're now moaning about?
                    Not saying either side is right or wrong. Just concerned at this stage we even have sides and are not united. Don't see how loan deals will negatively impact though, and think we need to press on with reinforcements.

Comment

I'm sure he wasn't referring to the owners as he said they'd been backing him to the hilt in the press conf and doing everything they could to bring players in.

Comment

Originally posted by Will M View Post
                        He didn't mean Tony, it was the players themselves and their agents

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                          He didn't mean Tony, it was the players themselves and their agents
                          He's talking about agents and players definately. Dunno why Harry just doesnt have have a word with Willie McKay to sort us out. In fact I am positive he will during the closing of this window.

Comment

Come on guys it's obvious he is talking about the players and agents. Tony is backing him he forked out 8mill for Remy and was willing to pay 8m for m'villa just happens the Russians offfered 4mil a year after tax with each year it rising.

Comment

Originally posted by Rieger View Post
                              He's talking about agents and players definately. Dunno why Harry just doesnt have have a word with Willie McKay to sort us out. In fact I am positive he will during the closing of this window.

Yes think you're right, that yesterday was the final straw

Comment

Working...
                              X