No announcement yet.

Why the cup matters to us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is up to the players really. If they take the pi$$ as they did for most of the season then any cup run is out. If they do what they are paid for then they should beat a third tier club. That is why they get the big bucks.
    Hope Faurlin and Granero get used as a pair in CM to see if they can cope in the middle better than Mbia/Derry did at WH.

Comment

I think it definitely offers a chance to try different combinations.

But I also think a cup run would actually help rather than hinder survival chances. I suspect Harry has that mindset. Getting dumped would do nothing for confidence.

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
      I hope we play a weak team, resting key players for the two PL matches next week.
      I'm not completely convinced anyone knows for sure what out strongest 11 would be, especially in midfield where we lack consistency. The cup gives us a chance to try stuff, which is another reason why it matters. I want us to really be up for it, whoever starts. Someone suggested Bothroyd and Zamora as a front two - the chances of both of them putting in a shift at the same time are about the same as us finishing top half. Hughes' choice of strikers. Harry said this week that we've had no pace up front - tell us about it ;)
      Last edited by hal9thou; 24-01-2013, 03:40 AM.

Comment

I really do hope it matters to H.R and hope he put a decent team out? although we've got City on Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
          I really do hope it matters to H.R and hope he put a decent team out? although we've got City on Tuesday
          And do we care about that match more than about the cup tie? I know I do.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I've posted this in another thread, I don't care about the cup.

The league is the bread and butter, what happens if Remy gets injured Saturday and is out for the season?

I'm not saying we shouldn't be looking to win the game and go as far as we possibly can in the competition but we have a very big squad and this is when we need to use it. The team I'd play is below:

Green
            Young (Fit?) Ben Haim Ferdinand Traore
            Ephraim Park Doughty (If still here)
            Campbell Hulse Bothroyd

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
              Hulse
              OMG. I'd forgotten the big fella....

We're more likely to do well in the league if we don't get shafted in the cup. Simple as that. But I do agree it is a chance for a couple of em to get off their backside and earn their crust. But Hulse......

Comment

So much for taking it seriously. The cup is wide open, we aren't in it, and confidence has been battered. Nice one.
                On the plus side we now know that the majority of that starting 11 would struggle at championship level. Like I said, there will be a mssive clear out whatever happens at the end of the season.

Comment

Working...
                X