Moussa Sissoko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
    You are forgetting the imminent departure of Ryan Nelson - which makes CB the biggest headache of all.
    Of course if the club sells one if the best player then he needs to be replaced.

But at West Ham even 10 CBs on the pitch could not have defended better. It was a miracle that only one goal came from the 46 crosses.

The problem was in midfield. That nobody could carry the ball out of defence, nobody could hold the ball up, nobody could carry a threat to the half way line let alone threaten their goal, so the ball just kept coming back over and over. Can't fix that by replacing Nelsen.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
      Of course if the club sells one if the best player then he needs to be replaced.

But at West Ham even 10 CBs on the pitch could not have defended better. It was a miracle that only one goal came from the 46 crosses.

The problem was in midfield. That nobody could carry the ball out of defence, nobody could hold the ball up, nobody could carry a threat to the half way line let alone threaten their goal, so the ball just kept coming back over and over. Can't fix that by replacing Nelsen.
      I know what you are saying mate, but many of those crosses Wet Spam lumped in the box could be defended by my 6 year old. Not many teams we meet between now and the end of the season will play the way Fat Sam does and we will need proper CB's to deal with better quality. Yes, the biggest problem on Saturday was ball retention and Harry seems to be addressing that but once Nelson goes we will have to rely on Anton, or Neddy or similar and god only knows what will happen if Hilly gets a knock.

We need to look at what comes next rather than what just passed, at least until we play Stoke.
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I know what you are saying mate, but many of those crosses Wet Spam lumped in the box could be defended by my 6 year old. Not many teams we meet between now and the end of the season will play the way Fat Sam does and we will need proper CB's to deal with better quality. Yes, the biggest problem on Saturday was ball retention and Harry seems to be addressing that but once Nelson goes we will have to rely on Anton, or Neddy or similar and god only knows what will happen if Hilly gets a knock.

We need to look at what comes next rather than what just passed, at least until we play Stoke.
        Let us never forget Ben Haim!

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
          Does anybody have any up to date news on when he is leaving? I know he had talks with HR but nothing has been announced.
          Late Feb/early March according to HR in last press conf.

Comment

Sign him up Harry

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
              Does anybody have any up to date news on when he is leaving? I know he had talks with HR but nothing has been announced.
              That's the big question over here too, Nelsen is in Toronto today and is holding a press conference! Harry needs to get a good CB or two as Nelsen will be leaving and I believe it should be before the 25 man roster is set! This flying back and forth between matches and the overall distraction of his pending managerial position with TFC can't be good for his game either!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
              X