derry ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• derry ???

massive thanks to shaun derry for the last few years but if we are to be an established prem club, i think we need players who can offer a bit more than derry. i know the guy gives his all every game and is a model pro, and probably great to have around the place but he is so limited in terms of ability.

Even against wet spam on saturday. Did anyone else notice him single handedly playing joe cole onside for their goal? he was positioned just in front of julio cesar about 3/4 yards deeper than all of our defenders. if he wasnt there joe cole would of been offside. he is also very prone to passing to the other team. He cant get himself forward to help attacks because he has no pace to trackback. So he is limited to being a solid workhorse in a defensive cm position.

anyone else think this or am i being to harsh?

no an honest opinion there!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

don't know what goes on behind the scenes , but he might be HR man on the training pitch and off
      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

i feel the same mate he seems to be to slow now. but he also seem to be very clever so i am sure he would be great to have around for the team

Comment

When there isnt a cue of players banging on the door to be signed what are you meant to do? Since he has been back playing we havent lost a game if I remember rightly, must be doing something right.

Comment

His resigning was to appease the 'non' M'Vila purchase!

Comment

Originally posted by blue and white View Post
              i feel the same mate he seems to be to slow now. but he also seem to be very clever so i am sure he would be great to have around for the team
              when has Derry ever been fast!? He knows his limitations. He's been playing 2 games a week recently and that's impressive for a 35-year-old. Derry would be ideal to bring on in the last 15 minutes when we're holding on to a lead, but Harry is almost forced to play him because we haven't got anyone else that can work hard in the middle of the field like him. Granero, Mbia and Derry worked well together against Chelsea, and hopefully they'll play together when we take on Man City

Comment

Still a very useful player imo, can still do a good job for us when called upon. Also a good character to have around the dressing room
                "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Remember we need a team of players, Derry won't play every game he will be used in certain matches. He is a great player for us and I hope Hill gets reward too.

Comment

Really respect the guy. Like having him in the squad especially when he does us a turn as he has recently. I really, really wouldn't want to have eleven M'Vilas in my Rangers team.

Comment

we know long term he is not the answer but short term, he battles hard, tries and in his own limited way is effective
                      he came on at half time 3-0 down to Liverpool and has retained his position since. In that time, we have conceded 2 goals in 5 and a half games, maybe it's a coincidence, maybe he's doing something to help or maybe he's just a lucky charm
                      whatever it is, he must stay in the side for the time being

Comment

Agree with the posted. Time to releasse him at the end of the season even If we go down. Thanks for the great efforts in the last 3 years.
                        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Ideally wouldn't be near the starting 11 but he's great to have around the place I hear them say. With Nelsen going Arry needs to keep Clint and Dez to remind the 'superstars' where we've come from and what it's all about.

Comment

Originally posted by supahoopsaaa View Post
                            Ideally wouldn't be near the starting 11 but he's great to have around the place I hear them say. With Nelsen going Arry needs to keep Clint and Dez to remind the 'superstars' where we've come from and what it's all about.

So true but at the same time so pathetic that's the case.

Comment

Really nice guy apparently.

Comment

Working...
                              X