Fix you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix you

Anyone know why the team run out to this song? A mate is puzzled why so I promised to ask here for him. Listening to the lyrics I can understand why. I know Goddard used the song in his 2010/11 champions video but not sure if that's the reason.

My take was that the club felt pretty broken when the owners took over so a promise to "fix you" was their mission statement. Appropriate song, I think, and I speak as one who still regrets the dropping of Singing the Blues...

Comment

miss Alan McDonald leading us out to Simply The Best ,then booting the ball as high as he could
      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

it was paladimlo's idea.....crooked hi tie!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Gotta say I much prefer 'London Calling', which they've taken to playing just before Kick Off of late.

Written by a QPR stalwart.
          It's just a shame we never get to hear the fade out at the end......"I never felt so much alike alike alike alika"......(singing the blues !)

Comment

Simply the best was the one for me.

Comment

Yeh London calling is classic

Comment

London calling is a quality song, but for me running out to simply the best, has always been the best.

Always reminds me of when the old man first started taking me to games.

Quality song for what was a quality team looking back.

Fix you is too depressing. Was wrote about a relatives death I think I read somewhere, and the gloomy lyrics and tune reflect just that.

Not something I associate with going to football.

Comment

Originally posted by TW7R View Post
                  London calling is a quality song, but for me running out to simply the best, has always been the best.

Always reminds me of when the old man first started taking me to games.

Quality song for what was a quality team looking back.

Fix you is too depressing. Was wrote about a relatives death I think I read somewhere, and the gloomy lyrics and tune reflect just that.

Not something I associate with going to football.
                  Too right - a right dirge that song is - Coldplay were superb until Chris Martin married Gwynyth and then went downhill rapidly......imo!!!!

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. So it seems to have just been a random choice of song rather than having any connection to QPR. So it may have just been because they liked Goddard's video.

Comment

simply the best back when we had a proper side. brings back quality memories.
                      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                      Lovejoy: "No?!"
                      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                      X