Complaint about yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gator View Post
    Does anyone stand for the whole match at Loftus Road since the terracing was removed?
    I can't.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by TW7R View Post
      I do
      So I assume everyone in your section stands as well?
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        I can't.
        This is the issue, not everyone can or wants to stand! At the Toronto FC matches we have a Supporters section behind the South goal and everyone stands there, you know what you're getting into, the rest of the stadium everyone sits unless something exciting happens which isn't too often! When I take my elderly Father to the matches I get seats and stay out of the Supporters Section!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

My season ticket is in the last row. I bought it there so I could stand up each game.

I hate sitting at football. I understand what the op is getting at, and until the authorities actually give fans a choice the problem will never be solved.

For me sitting kills part of the atmosphere, but others will probably disagree.

Ps for me, it was a good thing that everyone did stand yesterday as there was no way me and my old man would have been able to fit in the 2 seats we had with the size of the 2 lard ar5e5 on either side of us!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
            Don't really understand this obsession with 'standing.'
            I used to stand in the days when there were terraces, but what with age, and like the OP, I have bad knees also, I wouldn't stand if you paid me, and as I paid to sit, I wouldn't be at all happy if some Herbert stood in front of me, spoiling both my view, and enjoyment of the game.
            Luckily, my knees are bearing up with age and given the choice, I would like to stand on a terrace like we did at Peterborough & Colchester. Also think there should be standing sections where those who prefer to, can.

But there is absolutely no way I would ever dream of just standing in front of someone, who has paid ridiculous money for a seat to watch a football match. It is simply selfish and totally out of order.

Comment

I didnt sit down once yesterday

Comment

Does anyone stand for the whole match at Loftus Road since the terracing was removed?
                i do, much better. whoever said you can create a good atmosphere sat down needs to have a meeting with themselves

Comment

i dont think ive ever seen anyone sit in the qblock

Comment

Originally posted by willis1980 View Post
                    i do, much better. whoever said you can create a good atmosphere sat down needs to have a meeting with themselves
                    i sit every week at LR...i hav enjoyed the atmosphere in a number of games.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
                      i sit every week at LR...i hav enjoyed the atmosphere in a number of games.
                      yes you enjoyed the atmosphere created by those of us standing up

the sooner they bring terracing back this debate can finally end. i heared leicester are going to trial bringing back drinking in the stands???

Comment

Originally posted by willis1980 View Post
                        yes you enjoyed the atmosphere created by those of us standing up

the sooner they bring terracing back this debate can finally end. i heared leicester are going to trial bringing back drinking in the stands???
                        In fairness, not everyone can or wants to stand at a match, the key I think is to have designated standing areas (terraces) and having a beer in the stands seems quite logical to me!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

don't see why they don't use Rangers fans to steward the home sections and don't give me any of this H&S ******, some of the stewards have just been dragged off the streets
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                            don't see why they don't use Rangers fans to steward the home sections and don't give me any of this H&S ******, some of the stewards have just been dragged off the streets
                            quite, i have loads of stewards not know where my seat was at games!!!

Comment

In fairness, not everyone can or wants to stand at a match, the key I think is to have designated standing areas (terraces) and having a beer in the stands seems quite logical to me!
                              Not being able to drink in view of the pitch is an act of law, so not sure how they are going to trial that, but good luck to them.

About the seating, would it have been fair for me yesterday if forced to sit down, that after paying £39 I would have only been able to sit on half of my seat as a result of the size of the guy next to me? He paid the same as me, yet my match day experience would have been ruined as a result? As we all stood up, there was a bit of an overflow into the aisle, but people were standing there anyway.

There's always going to be some people effected by one issue or another until the issue is addressed.

I would suggest un-reserved seating for away games, then that way the ones who want to stand go to the back, and the ones with kids ect who want to sit go to the front.
                              Last edited by TW7R; 20-01-2013, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                                Luckily, my knees are bearing up with age and given the choice, I would like to stand on a terrace like we did at Peterborough & Colchester. Also think there should be standing sections where those who prefer to, can.

But there is absolutely no way I would ever dream of just standing in front of someone, who has paid ridiculous money for a seat to watch a football match. It is simply selfish and totally out of order.
                                Agree there should be the choice, a terrace for those that wish to stand, and seats for the rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X