Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaint about yesterday

I had a front row ticket which was at pitch level but brilliant view
    I suffer with bad knees so after about 20 mins of standing as everyone else was I sat down then all of a sudden a steward decided to sit down right in front of me blocking my view
    I ask him if he could either move of sit down lower but he just blanked me
    I spoke to a senior steward but he told me he had too stay where he was
    Had to stand for the remainder of the game and im suffering today
    Why are stewards getting so bad
    Seems to be at every ground even ours
    We pay a lot of money to watch this games and surely they can use their common sense!!!

Wish our own fans would not spend entire away games standing also.

Comment

Did u ever go when there was terracing ?

Comment

Yes but it was'nt fitted with seats .

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
          Yes but it was'nt fitted with seats .
          he's got a fair pt, although I guess it works both ways. I leapt up with excitement and stood for a few mins because we were slating terry and the chant was loud and impressive. I was told to sit down. I don't think you should stand 90mins but sometimes you just have too
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

common sense and steward,to be fair only prerequisite for being a steward is, you need to have been bullied at school,iQ of a jelly fish,put on the earth to p iss off other human beings.dream job.

Comment

I generally stand at away games but go to the back to do so as it would do my head in if I was a fan tryna sit down and the bloke in front was standing up blocking my view.

*insert weight related comment regarding blocking view here*.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

at west ham all away fans stand every game

Comment

I don't mind standing up when everyone else does for bits of game like corners or a run down the wing or attacking play etc but to stand for whole game is a joke and can be selfish if kids or older fans are behind you. Newcastle away is a prime example as standing only makes you further from pitch than the 1/4 mile high you already are ! At Newcastle last season a woman a few rows back saw very little of game as could only stand for a few minutes.
                  Don't want to be a moaner but we all pay good money for a ticket and all I'm saying is no need to stand for the entire game.

Comment

Def think there needs to be standing sections

If you want to stand, go to the back. If you want to sit go to he front. Not fair on the old boys who have to stand because others are

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
                      Def think there needs to be standing sections

If you want to stand, go to the back. If you want to sit go to he front. Not fair on the old boys who have to stand because others are
                      agree ahmen
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by pblockranger View Post
                        Did u ever go when there was terracing ?
                        I been going to QPR matches home and away since 1974
                        Use to stand in the paddock when I was younger
                        After 4 operations on my knees unfortunately I cant stand up for 90 mins!!!

Comment

Don't really understand this obsession with 'standing.'
                          I used to stand in the days when there were terraces, but what with age, and like the OP, I have bad knees also, I wouldn't stand if you paid me, and as I paid to sit, I wouldn't be at all happy if some Herbert stood in front of me, spoiling both my view, and enjoyment of the game.

As for stewards, they are like most people today when given just the smallest bit of authority, it goes right to their heads, and what little common sense they may have had before, simply goes right out the window.
                          This issue with surly stewards going out of their way to spoil people's enjoyment in a manner bordering on insolence, has to be addressed, as that is no way to treat paying customers in any service/entertainment industry, never mind one as expensive as football.

Comment

Does anyone stand for the whole match at Loftus Road since the terracing was removed?
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

I do

Comment

Working...
                              X