No announcement yet.

Mackie and SWP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought SWP looked very good today. He caught them out a few times when he burst forward on the counter. We were a bit unlucky that we had to make a change.

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
      I thought SWP looked very good today. He caught them out a few times when he burst forward on the counter. We were a bit unlucky that we had to make a change.
      Cos he cant cross. And for the planet who said put mackie at right back instead of fabio. WTF. I dont get qpr fans. The premeirship as fooked up the team and the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by matt2909 View Post
        Cos he cant cross. And for the planet who said put mackie at right back instead of fabio. WTF. I dont get qpr fans. The premeirship as fooked up the team and the fans.
        SWP got subbed cos he had a calf problem. Wasn't a tactical change.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          I like Mackie enormously. A valuable squad member. But just compare him with Matt Jarvis. There's absolutely no comparison. Jarvis consistently, persistently makes things happen for his team.
          Jarvis does what wide players are meant to do, create chances, provide quality crosses and score a few goals, something that neither Mackie or SWP do enough of.

Perhaps once Zamora and Hoilett are fit the line up will change, but in the meantime I would select Traore ahead of SWP because he can cross the ball.

Comment

Harry is going to run SWP ragged until he gives him some of the dosh he conned out of the club. I mean he could have said before he signed, 'I'm not worth that much'.

Comment

Originally posted by supahoopsaaa View Post
              Are our main weaknesses for me. Both wide men should have the ability to ran at and go past a player. Make things happen, hold onto the ball and score the odd goal.

Our wide men offer little going forward and are only used for defensive duties. Is a shame as both do try hard, but it really isn't enough. A wide man and a fit Hoillett would make a massive difference to our team.
              Both ****

Comment

If Hoilett is fit and shows some fight, we wouldn't see SWP or Mackie.
                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

We've already had the Mackie debate and this board has voted that he is a Premier League player. Time for the nay sayers to move on.

I've noted that the nay sayers all seem to dismiss the value of heart, desire, and commitment to the cause; in my opinion it is the very lack of those things that has got us to where were are today.

I thought SWP played well today, the key being that he gave us an outlet for the counter attack and made some very good runs.

Mackie contributed to a solid team effort, as he always does. In hockey they have a statistic they call "plus minus". When you are on the ice and your team scores, you get "plus one". When you are on the ice and your team concedes, you get "minus one". It is a very good measure of effectiveness. Today, Jamie Mackie was PLUS ONE.
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                    If Hoilett is fit and shows some fight, we wouldn't see SWP or Mackie.
                    you will see Sep....i know he has his critics... But he is so much tuned in then hoilett and Mackie..we can't afford for people to just switch off... We need to defend as a unit...their goal yesterday was a crime of somebody switching off. Nedum had tucked in as the ball was coming down out left side... Jarvis was in acres as a certain player let him go...
                    http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                      you will see Sep....i know he has his critics... But he is so much tuned in then hoilett and Mackie..we can't afford for people to just switch off... We need to defend as a unit...their goal yesterday was a crime of somebody switching off. Nedum had tucked in as the ball was coming down out left side... Jarvis was in acres as a certain player let him go...
                      Their goal yesterday was deserved and IMO we were lucky to come away with a point. They battered us in the 2nd half. We are missing 3 key players that will make the whole team work better, at the moment we are holding on for dear life much of the time.

Comment

The goal was coming but the law of averages tells you that the more crosses the more chance they will score... So what do you do.... Cut the crosses out.. Jarvis was the main outlet....should of doubled up on him....

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                          The goal was coming but the law of averages tells you that the more crosses the more chance they will score... So what do you do.... Cut the crosses out.. Jarvis was the main outlet....should of doubled up on him....
                          I agree but we also need players that can hold the ball instead of cr@pping their pants as soon as it come to them. If we aimed to control the game more it would be less chaotic and messy. We are totally relying on sheer determination not to lose rather than skill and confidence.

Comment

Agreed.. I couldn't understand why Cesar was getting the ball and then lumping it instead of time wasting..

Comment

We do need players who can run at defenders, create chances and put decent balls into the box. SWP is better than Mackie but neither are wonderful.

We are under pressure every game because we're playing Mbia & Derry who struggle to keep hold of the ball and the only real outlet is Taarabt - he can't do it all on his own. Yes we need players who will work hard and track back but if they're no good with the ball or going forward then they shouldn't be on the pitch. It's our own possession and periods of attack that relieves the pressure on our defence. We create very little at the moment and spent almost 90 minutes with our backs against the wall. We're never going to win games like that.

If we're going to play somebody in front of the back 4 it needs to be a player with passing ability and composure, not somebody whose only job is to break up play. We then need some creative players down the flanks who are good with the ball at their feet.

Faurlin in for Derry and I'd almost be tempted to play Traore on the left and Hoilett on the right for now.

Comment

Originally posted by pauldrayton View Post
                                We do need players who can run at defenders, create chances and put decent balls into the box. SWP is better than Mackie but neither are wonderful.

We are under pressure every game because we're playing Mbia & Derry who struggle to keep hold of the ball and the only real outlet is Taarabt - he can't do it all on his own. Yes we need players who will work hard and track back but if they're no good with the ball or going forward then they shouldn't be on the pitch. It's our own possession and periods of attack that relieves the pressure on our defence. We create very little at the moment and spent almost 90 minutes with our backs against the wall. We're never going to win games like that.

If we're going to play somebody in front of the back 4 it needs to be a player with passing ability and composure, not somebody whose only job is to break up play. We then need some creative players down the flanks who are good with the ball at their feet.

Faurlin in for Derry and I'd almost be tempted to play Traore on the left and Hoilett on the right for now.
                                M'Vila is the man for the job.

Comment

Working...
                                X